Catholic @ Lenoir City

Irish423

After watching LC play Kingston I have to say that LC has the worst coaching staff I've ever seen. I could find a girl that can play center better then the kid they have. The coaches elected to take a knee three times then punt with time still on the clock. WOW. I am truley surprised that the players didn't walk out at halftime. God Bless the kids who are put through the embarassment of a elementary coaching staff.

Calm down my friend, calm down.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC is terrible and Catholic is mad, Catholic by 24

If Catholic comes out running the ball (which would be playing to their strength) it could be a very big win. However, if we come out pass happy then it will be closer than most people think. Tyler is a good QB and has a very strong arm, but he doesn't have the weapons to throw to. Cozart and Shirley should get at least 20 carries apiece. Then use play action to get the passing game going. Just my opinion not trying to knock the kids, but there was a reason Coach P ran the ball. Oh, well good luck Irish on Friday night.

Hey "ScottA11"", I live over in Blount County and coach youth football and My son and I go to a lot of different high school games each week. We probably go to more WB games than any because I know so many of the kids. 2 years ago Meadows had an absolutely loaded WB team that had a great athlete at QB, a huge offensive line, two 220+ lb. fullbacks who are now playing college ball, a 170 lb. RB that ran 4.3 in the forty and a big physical defense that didn't give up many points. Meadows ran the same offense that he is running with you all now, WB goes 9-3 and loses in the playoffs to Bearden and everyone is happy because that is a great year at WB. I felt like he underachieved for the talent that he had, I felt like if he would have lined up and let the big offensive line work and run the ball with some play action passes and then come out a few times a game with the no huddle, spread formation as a change of pace, I think they would have went all the way to the state championship game. You sound like you are going through the same exact thing. He will not change it and at the end of the year you will have three or four losses and I guarantee you will look back and see that a couple of them should not have been lost. This post has nothing to do with being bitter about him leaving Blount County, no one was happier to see him go than I was. I have coached and played a lot of football, he is not the coach that most people think he is and you guys are really in a bad spot, he has used kids and people to better himself over the years so he has left everywhere he has ever been but with what you all are paying him, he will never leave, you will have to fire him.

If Catholic comes out running the ball (which would be playing to their strength) it could be a very big win. However, if we come out pass happy then it will be closer than most people think. Tyler is a good QB and has a very strong arm, but he doesn't have the weapons to throw to. Cozart and Shirley should get at least 20 carries apiece. Then use play action to get the passing game going. Just my opinion not trying to knock the kids, but there was a reason Coach P ran the ball. Oh, well good luck Irish on Friday night.

ScottA11, Does Mackle still play? Weapon? No?

ScottA11, Does Mackle still play? Weapon? No?

Mackle, still plays but he's facing double teams most nights.