10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at both HC games in Santa Fe. I graduated from HC, played sports and have lived there most of my adult life. I'm going to have to say that yes, there was definetly some officiating issues in the Hampshire game. The fouls were not evened up until late in game. I'm also going to say that I agree with lawdogs original post about the situation with our two players that recieved technicals #42 (Skelton) & #10 (Hammond) both boys have been playing long enough to know the consequences of their out bursts. I also feel that Mr. Skelton was way over the line and should apologize to his teammates for his behavior as well as be punished not only by TSSAA but also by the coach. I do not believe the technicals the coaches recieved were justifed neither of them displayed the kind of behavior that justifies technical fouls to be called and believe me I've seen some really over the top behaviors from coaches. As to the remarks about the crowd, yes some of the HC crowd was not acting as they should have, and I can honestly say that I did not approve of some of the things the crowd was doing when Mr. Skelton was receiving his technicals and being removed from the game. The crowd needs to realize that even though they felt thier player was being treated unjustly that his behavior was uncalled for and the technicals he recieved were justied. There are other HC players on the team that were just as frustrated and upset but controlled their emotions and finished the game, whether they fouled out, finished the game or supported their team from the bench.

Great post jackpot 1255! I was not at both HC games only the 2nd half of the Hampshire games. Officiating is always going to be an issue and I have rarely if ever seen people agree especially at the high school level on officiating. Again only saw the 2nd half of the Hampshire game and that particialur half of basketball was pretty ugly all the way around.

But I am giving you credit for not defending the two young men and their behavior. It is difficult to admit when our teams, especially our alma maters, are not acting as they should. But I applaud you on acknowledging that no matter who or what the situation we have to teach these young men that their behavior was inappropriate. As you mentioned there were other players who kept their cool and acted as they should and that is what we need to teach these young men.

At least in the Hampshire game I agree the HC coach didn't appear out of line in the least. One of my other posts said the same and all I can think of is that maybe he said something without getting animated and if you use one of the magic words you will get teed up.

Anyway again, I applaud you for seeing the issue and I do really hope that the situation is handled and the boys get their focus back because there are a lot of good people in Houston County that I know and like yourself who deserve to be proud of their school. Good luck to HC the rest of the way!

Big games coming up soon in 10A.

Friday, January 8th.

CA @ NCS

WHH @ HC

JB @ ER

MC @ MH

Predictions?

My predictions are McEwen, East Robertson, and Houston County.

I can't really predict the NC-CA game, if NC comes out shooting like they did against ER then I honestly think they will win that game. I am anxious to see how this new player for NCS plays in his first game for NCS since 8th grade and in the biggest game of the year for NC so far. If NCS is not deadly from 3 on Friday then CA has an advantage and would probably pull out the W.

If I was forced to pick a winner, I will go with the hot hand and I'd say NC by 4.

WELL DONE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

D10A Standings as of 1-16-2010 according to CoachT.com

CA 19-1 (7-0)

WHH 5-7 (5-2)

ER 5-9 (4-3)

MC 12-3 (4-3)

NC 9-7 (4-3)

HC 4-10 (3-4)

JB 1-11 (1-6)

MH 0-13 (0-7)

Any thoughts on if a team will be able to make a run at CA for #1? Which of the three teams at 4-3 will pull away from the pack and challenge WHH for #2?

D10A Standings as of 1-16-2010 according to CoachT.com

CA 19-1 (7-0)

WHH 5-7 (5-2)

ER 5-9 (4-3)

MC 12-3 (4-3)

NC 9-7 (4-3)

HC 4-10 (3-4)

JB 1-11 (1-6)

MH 0-13 (0-7)

Any thoughts on if a team will be able to make a run at CA for #1? Which of the three teams at 4-3 will pull away from the pack and challenge WHH for #2?

CA for 1...after that who cares?

Upcoming 10A Games

1-19-2010

CA @ HC - Rematch of last year's semifinal matchup where HC upset CA. CA won in Dec. My pick is CA by 29.

ER @ MH - Gotta go with ER here. Their team is way too talented for MH, even though they only won by 4 @ MH. I think Woodard puts up 40 in this one. ER by 17.

JB @ WHH - WHH just demolished NCS and look to take a strong hold on the #2 spot in 10A. It's gotta be WHH. WHH by 14.

MC @ NC - MC just beat JB by 1 in OT and NC just lost by 20+ to WHH. MC beat NC earlier this year 52-39, but I have a feeling NC will make up for the last game. NC by 7.

1-22-2010

HC @ JB - I think both teams will be coming into this game after district losses by double digits. I think HC rebounds and wins. HC by 13.

CA @ WHH - Battle of the top 2. Both should come in of wins in 10A play. CA won big earlier this year 69-42. CA by 16.

ER @ MC - ER won at home against MC last meeting. ER has gone 2-5 since then. MC by 11.

MH @ NC - NC won by 20 last time and has gotten better. This could be very nasty. NC by 32.

Any thoughts on this upcoming week's game?

Upcoming 10A Games

1-19-2010

CA @ HC - Rematch of last year's semifinal matchup where HC upset CA. CA won in Dec. My pick is CA by 29.

ER @ MH - Gotta go with ER here. Their team is way too talented for MH, even though they only won by 4 @ MH. I think Woodard puts up 40 in this one. ER by 17.

JB @ WHH - WHH just demolished NCS and look to take a strong hold on the #2 spot in 10A. It's gotta be WHH. WHH by 14.

MC @ NC - MC just beat JB by 1 in OT and NC just lost by 20+ to WHH. MC beat NC earlier this year 52-39, but I have a feeling NC will make up for the last game. NC by 7.

1-22-2010

HC @ JB - I think both teams will be coming into this game after district losses by double digits. I think HC rebounds and wins. HC by 13.

CA @ WHH - Battle of the top 2. Both should come in of wins in 10A play. CA won big earlier this year 69-42. CA by 16.

ER @ MC - ER won at home against MC last meeting. ER has gone 2-5 since then. MC by 11.

MH @ NC - NC won by 20 last time and has gotten better. This could be very nasty. NC by 32.

Any thoughts on this upcoming week's game?

i dont think ca will beat hc by 29, since the loss of cooksey the team is playing better "team" ball the play better as a team now, anyone who watches them can tell u, i say monroe skelton and roper step up big against the twins, and the guards have to HELP featherstone get it up the floor cause russell will eat featherstone alive with out any help. but i say ca by 10

CA-90 HC-53

-I wasn't at the game, so I would like to hear from some of you guys that were present this evening about what happened to cause the score to become so lopsided. I had heard Houston County had been playing better team basketball since Cooksey had left. Were there many uncalled fouls that should have been against CA's side? If there were, did the no-calls make much of a difference? Seeing that CA made about 10 3s in the game and had five players in double figures, I would think they wouldn't have. But I would like to hear some stuff from you guys that were at the gym tonight; some eye witness reports.

Grace and Peace!

CA-90 HC-53

-I wasn't at the game, so I would like to hear from some of you guys that were present this evening about what happened to cause the score to become so lopsided. I had heard Houston County had been playing better team basketball since Cooksey had left. Were there many uncalled fouls that should have been against CA's side? If there were, did the no-calls make much of a difference? Seeing that CA made about 10 3s in the game and had five players in double figures, I would think they wouldn't have. But I would like to hear some stuff from you guys that were at the gym tonight; some eye witness reports.

Grace and Peace!

HC was down around 25 with 4 minutes to go, so the coaches started subbing the players that hadn't played. HC put their JV in, CA had Crozier, the Miller boy, and 3 others in, thats when the score got run up so high... our freshman couldn't play against them. They were jumping up and down like they were playing our varsity, instead of freshman, it was too funny. With 2 minutes left, CA finally put their JV in. HC played good ball, but their zone can't stop CA's 3 point shooters. The reffing was decent in the varsity game, HC had 1 to foul out, the twins both had 4 fouls, a couple of CA's boys got away with alot of pushing, body fouls etc, but it wasn't the twins, they went on the floor and did their jobs. Featherstone got bloodied up with an elbow to the head, Monroe got called for a charge, when he had never moved, lol, the CA player ran up to him and fell backwards, it was as good a fake fall as I have seen lol For the twins sake, I hope they do make it all the way this year. Those boys played good ball and were not showing off, or acting as hateful and stupid as 2 of the other kids. But anyways, thats how I saw it.

As far as Cooksey and HC, Not sure Cooksey makes a huge difference either way, and I see that Skelton got his points last night anyway. Think they're still pretty decent without him. Looks like a very nice win by McEwen last night beating NCS there. WHH still has several tough games coming up so anything is possible for 2nd, besides JB or MH obviously.

At the NCS vs McEwen game lastnight the students from NCS got a little to FRATTY if you know what i mean :thumb: but it was a great game. I think that NCS was the better team the whole game till the last couple of minutes then the student section got in a little bit of trouble and was not nearly as loud as they had been the rest of the game and i think that the players might have been effected by that. I give alot of credit to McEwen for the great comback! Cant wait till the district tourny should be some really great match ups :lol::thumb: