South Pittsburgh @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time for Boyd coaches to take a step back and realize that they can't go deep in the playoffs with the offensive skeems that they have been useing the last few years. Every team that has quality players can easily defend the play if they know what is coming.

SP just pulled the linebackers up off the d-lines rear. They were coming on the snap everytime. They either stopped the run or put the pressure on the QB. With the weather being a factor they came even harder.

We have had all year to work on other plays. The run opens up the pass like the pass opens up the run. We have had to much success in the preseason 7 on 7 in the last two years to turn your back on that success. Open up the playbook.

The O-line has been getting all the emphassis because we look awesome against CCS, Silverdale, Grace and Notre Dame. Last nights game and Red Banks game should have brought to light some major weaknesses. Every player has to do their job. Some did some didn't.

These forums are merely opinionated and should never be taken personal. If you take it personal, don't read or post. We will see come next year.

Like you did in your reply??? LOL

And your remark about carrying a clipboard...I will do whatever the coaches need me to do to help the team and I'm proud of it. I put in 6 years coaching little league and the last 5 coaching Jr High. I'm just a unpaid volunteer who enjoys working with these kids. Most of the kids on this team have been on some of my teams for the last 11 years. They call me Coach and that's all that matters.

I said I TRY to think like a coach. Obviously if I was a coach I would be wearing a headset on the sideline, or maybe carrying a clipboard... oh wait that's not really a coach :roflol: So, in all the games our backups have been able to play in this year and last year.. .and the field was dry... and there was no pressure since we were winning by 28-35 points... the fumbled snaps that occurred were because the ball was TOO dry and couldn't be gripped. I see things as real as I can... yes, as a fan, who TRIES to think like a coach, but understands I am not. The good passes that were thrown... well, I really only seen a couple. The TD pass was a prayer while getting sacked, and the RECEIVER shielded the defender and came back to it. The duck on the perfectly executed reverse flea flicker. A couple passes to the tight end (decent throws), one slant to malcolm for a first down(good pass)... the one that was intercepted (safety read QB's eyes the whole time), the pass plays to the sideline at end of the game.. maybe 1 decent one and then the others were both too high. Then the last pass that was fumbled. Not to mention the option play?? If it is all about execution, then fix it.. plain and simple.

one of those woulda coulda shoulda's huh :roflol:

one of those woulda coulda shoulda's huh :roflol:

I listened to this one on the Boyd Buc radio.It was a tough game,and well played defensively,especially by Boyd. IMO if (the woulda coulda factor)SP had their starting QB I have zero doubt in my mind they would have pulled this one out. It was a very tough game,with tough conditions for a backup QB.

I'll see you at the next game Logger. :roflol:

KL thinks that Pirate Mike should get a life. Zone does alot for that program and is NOT paid a dime. KL agrees with TTP on your new name (Coach Mike). The only coaching experience you have is figuring out what play to run next on NCAA 2010. KL always sits up there behind you on the south side of the press box at homes games. It was amazing how you thought we had the worst offense ever during the Jasper game and then jumped on the bandwagon after Cascade. I like the spread, but also would like to have some Wing-T for backup. But I sure didn't think we should totally redo the offense. Im sure Travis could have done a few things different, but we had a chance to win. Travis wasn't the reason we lost the game. Im not making excuses about the mud. They were playing in it too. It would have been nice to have Terrell, but we didn't. They won. It makes us look bad when you and PowerP and others get on here and make a 18 wheeler load of excuses. Maybe Coach Mike should go ask Coach Vic if their is an extra headset in the fieldhouse he could put on and spot from up there near the top row. You could tell Coach Grider to tell Raquis to hit B continously for speed burst and then hit "L" for juke left. :thumb:

KL thinks that Pirate Mike should get a life. Zone does alot for that program and is NOT paid a dime. KL agrees with TTP on your new name (Coach Mike). The only coaching experience you have is figuring out what play to run next on NCAA 2010. KL always sits up there behind you on the south side of the press box at homes games. It was amazing how you thought we had the worst offense ever during the Jasper game and then jumped on the bandwagon after Cascade. I like the spread, but also would like to have some Wing-T for backup. But I sure didn't think we should totally redo the offense. Im sure Travis could have done a few things different, but we had a chance to win. Travis wasn't the reason we lost the game. Im not making excuses about the mud. They were playing in it too. It would have been nice to have Terrell, but we didn't. They won. It makes us look bad when you and PowerP and others get on here and make a 18 wheeler load of excuses. Maybe Coach Mike should go ask Coach Vic if their is an extra headset in the fieldhouse he could put on and spot from up there near the top row. You could tell Coach Grider to tell Raquis to hit B continously for speed burst and then hit "L" for juke left. :thumb:

Now that is funny, I don't care who ye are................... 8-) ..............King, you are alright 8-)

I think it's great that Travis has such support from his father. He should know how blessed he is .Some of the same folks have come to aid Travis and Zone,but be-littled my son last yr. after the TC loss. I wrote back and defended his cause. Why would a grown-up sit and type support in this yr's loss for Travis, but not mine? Why would these narrow minded fair-weather fans would not support mine's? Double standard? Or is was it something else. SP's so-called fans need to have more respect for the young-men who actually play the games. Not some of the young men,but all of them !

Make plays not excuses 8-) thats my motto