TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

Couch, i've seen your team play South a few times over the years in the playoffs and i will tell you something about the old MLC. Boreing. That was not football. I stated then knowing of the change in the TSSAA conferences, "this new alignment is going to ruin our football". You have no idea how good we have been for the last decade or so. This new alignment is going to hurt our program in the long run. We are playing down almost every week and we cannot get better doing this. No offense to Boone because they have a decent team this year, but they are not good enough to even win this conference. This conference is going to come down to DB and S.Hill every year. Tenn. High will play a strong 3rd along with South. Don't be surprised this year when we make the playoffs and make some noise. And when we get to play Maryville someday we're going to show the rest of the old MLC how to get the job done. LOL. I will agree about one thing. We are going to have a tuff game with the Vikings on friday and i respect their talent. I hope it's a injury free event without all the penalties. I hope both teams are healthy with their best people on the field. After all, we want to win against your best players. Good luck and Roll Tribe Roll................

Good post and I agree with some of it. yes the Big east and the MLC were weak or top heavy to more exact. No parody in either one to speak of, but i might be wrong ,but I believe it will raise all our levels of play in the long run. Ours to compete and win the title each year along with South and one or two more from time to time.And your's to do the same. we will make each other better.

I know how good DB has been in the last 10 years..not as good as you think.. ala all the one and done exits. I know ...I know we haven't done any better.. win 1 or 2 and go home most of the time also.

It all goes back to the quality of weekly competition during the season.

I would leave The Hill out of the top two till they find a coach..lol I

I look for a slobber knocker Friday night ..Hope both teams play to the best of there ability ..If my team does that..then I have no problem with who wins or loses...NNNayy thats a lie..GO VIKES!!! :roflolk:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couch, i've seen your team play South a few times over the years in the playoffs and i will tell you something about the old MLC. Boreing. That was not football. I stated then knowing of the change in the TSSAA conferences, "this new alignment is going to ruin our football". You have no idea how good we have been for the last decade or so. This new alignment is going to hurt our program in the long run. We are playing down almost every week and we cannot get better doing this. No offense to Boone because they have a decent team this year, but they are not good enough to even win this conference. This conference is going to come down to DB and S.Hill every year. Tenn. High will play a strong 3rd along with South. Don't be surprised this year when we make the playoffs and make some noise. And when we get to play Maryville someday we're going to show the rest of the old MLC how to get the job done. LOL. I will agree about one thing. We are going to have a tuff game with the Vikings on friday and i respect their talent. I hope it's a injury free event without all the penalties. I hope both teams are healthy with their best people on the field. After all, we want to win against your best players. Good luck and Roll Tribe Roll................

This conference is going to be DB and SH every year? Why? Just because SH is a bigger school.... just compare DB and SH programs... how many players come out for each? Heck, a few years ago you could take a tiny 1A school and whip SH. Classification has nothing to do with it and if you think SH is that good you are mistaken. They have gotten a lot better.... but they are finally catching up to talent a level below TH and SS. Boone can't win the conference.... heck all they have to do is win 4 more games and they have that conference in their pocket.

Oh and one more thing, playing down every single week? You couldn't play up and beat people and when you played the second one around here to play down... you couldnt get the job done. A program gets hurt in 5 weeks over the conference? What the heck were those kids doing all summer, shining up the trophy case and not lifting weights?

Thats just what we call DB arrogence :roflolk:

This conference is going to be DB and SH every year? Why? Just because SH is a bigger school.... just compare DB and SH programs... how many players come out for each? Heck, a few years ago you could take a tiny 1A school and whip SH. Classification has nothing to do with it and if you think SH is that good you are mistaken. They have gotten a lot better.... but they are finally catching up to talent a level below TH and SS. Boone can't win the conference.... heck all they have to do is win 4 more games and they have that conference in their pocket.

Oh and one more thing, playing down every single week? You couldn't play up and beat people and when you played the second one around here to play down... you couldnt get the job done. A program gets hurt in 5 weeks over the conference? What the heck were those kids doing all summer, shining up the trophy case and not lifting weights?

Thats just what we call DB arrogence :roflolk:

Thats what we call DB pride (school pride) just like everyone else that backs their school :roflol: .

my god cap ,you use to make some sense ,now you sound like, you are trying to be the glenn beck of coach t

Oh… so you’re calling me a clown?! Well I don’t know what is sounds like… but I’m feeling more like the “Mentalist”. One things for sure… we fixin to find out. :roflol:

So…. Memphis… what’s your take on the match up? Do you feel that DB is on their comeback tour after loosing to Boone (WHO), but spanking 5A (Golden Child) South? Is that Glenn Beck enough for you? :roflol:

Nice website Memphis and great preview story. :D One thing though… DB is respectfully in 5th place in the conference with a 2-1 (2-4 overall) record instead of the THIRD spot YOU put them in. What…are you trying to be the “Ron Bliss” of CoachT??! :mrgreen:

Nice website Memphis and great preview story. :D One thing though… DB is respectfully in 5th place in the conference with a 2-1 (2-4 overall) record instead of the THIRD spot YOU put them in. What…are you trying to be the “Ron Bliss” of CoachT??! :mrgreen:

Hey J.J.,

After Friday night, what is Tennessee High going to be, tied for 1st or in 4th place in the Conference? 3-1 is going to be the record for DB, South, TN High and Boone.

See you in the rubble

Roll Tribe Roll

Cap i take that back about you being Glenn beck, but you have to take that back about me being ronnie bliss, it isn't my web site my sons. i think D.B. will go 5 and 5 and make to the playoffs and win a game or two. the next few years they are going to be tough. i hope South ,Tenn high, Elizab. D. Boone and North go a long ways. we have to get Football going in NET. the fans need to stick together once we get out of this end.

as you can tell i sure can't write gota get some lessons from BobbyT"smon

Cap i take that back about you being Glenn beck, but you have to take that back about me being ronnie bliss, it isn't my web site my sons. i think D.B. will go 5 and 5 and make to the playoffs and win a game or two. the next few years they are going to be tough. i hope South ,Tenn high, Elizab. D. Boone and North go a long ways. we have to get Football going in NET. the fans need to stick together once we get out of this end.

as you can tell i sure can't write gota get some lessons from BobbyT"smon

That’s a deal. Your son has done well…. very informative, especially the stats. You should try to get the stats for the opposing team of the week and post them with your story.

I agree it would be nice if we could all just get along… after the game that is. Before the game the jawing helps build excitement for the game. I was so fired up for the game between South and DB that after about the third touchdown by DB, I tried to remain clam…but soon caught myself doing the Florida State CHOP along with the rest of the DB crowd! Talk about loosing yourself in the madness. :mrgreen: And I think I might have twisted my ankle high-fiveing when CS delivered that crushing stiff arm on the way to the endzone. And to think… I can’t stand you people. :D But I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. So much so that tonight I will take my usual spot on the sidelines… working the chains for Youth League Parks and Recreation football game tonight just to get a glimpse of the future, and to also get in discussion time during the game with a couple of the Tennessee High studs that help ref. Of course… my daughter cheers, so it’s either that or sit up in the stands pretending to get excited about a bunch of little girls screaming. dry.gif

By the way… after last Friday night I’ve found that DB and THS fans are a whole lot alike. They sit there with their legs crossed worried that someone from their church will see them if they show any emotion during the game. I saw the excitement in many of their eyes but they would dare jump up and act a fool. Lord knows they don’t want to explain to sister Betty Lou about why they dropped the F bomb at the game Friday night. Now South fans… totally different ball game. They LOVE THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM and most AINT AFRAID TO SHOW IT.

Nice website Memphis and great preview story. :mrgreen: One thing though… DB is respectfully in 5th place in the conference with a 2-1 (2-4 overall) record instead of the THIRD spot YOU put them in. What…are you trying to be the “Ron Bliss” of CoachT??! :D

Hey J.J.,

After Friday night, what is Tennessee High going to be, tied for 1st or in 4th place in the Conference? 3-1 is going to be the record for DB, South, TN High and Boone.

See you in the rubble

Roll Tribe Roll

Ok… lets break it down for those who need it. I’m gonna mix them up so you are gonna have to concentrate ART. If we looo….llllloooo. Heck I can’t even bring myself to say it!!! If we choke… (how is that) :D and the conference records were tied, what would we reference next? That’s right… overall records. Ours would be 6-1, yours (DB) would be 3-4, South would be 5-1-1, and Boone would 6-1 (I’m assuming that’s how you want it played out in your fantasy world). Its simple math but I lay it out for you.

1) Boone 3-1/6-1

1) THS 3-1/6-1

3) South 3-1/5-1-1

4) DB 3-1/3-4

5) SH 2-2/3-4