TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

Thanks for knocking off South DB! Now if you can knock off Tenn High for us, we can move up in the polls! :thumb:

I would'nt worry much about the polls. You just better hope your team continues to get better. If we had played against you like we did against South(like DB is supposed to play) you would have gotten shelled also. Keep that in mind.

As far as your concerned CAP. I stated that Tenn. High would throw more this year. Yes i've seen your QB play in the jamboree and i was impressed. But, keep in mind it's hard to throw while your laying on your a**. Now, i'm out.LOL.

Oh yeah. What's the chance of getting that sorry excuse of a stadium torn down and starting over. That place is aweful.Atleast JC is doing something about theirs. And after you guys build these new state of the art stadiums that you will be so proud of, DB will build something to blow your mind. Arrogance huh, yeah we like to give you guys some ammunition. Roll Tribe Roll.......

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for knocking off South DB! Now if you can knock off Tenn High for us, we can move up in the polls! :thumb:

I would'nt worry much about the polls. You just better hope your team continues to get better. If we had played against you like we did against South(like DB is supposed to play) you would have gotten shelled also. Keep that in mind.

As far as your concerned CAP. I stated that Tenn. High would throw more this year. Yes i've seen your QB play in the jamboree and i was impressed. But, keep in mind it's hard to throw while your laying on your a**. Now, i'm out.LOL.

Oh yeah. What's the chance of getting that sorry excuse of a stadium torn down and starting over. That place is aweful.Atleast JC is doing something about theirs. And after you guys build these new state of the art stadiums that you will be so proud of, DB will build something to blow your mind. Arrogance huh, yeah we like to give you guys some ammunition. Roll Tribe Roll.......

Hopefully it will be some desent seating for the visitors that will blow everybodys mind. (just thought i'd throw that in there before somebody else did)

Here's what should be done. Move the baseball field to the football practice field. Close in the football field to make a circle of stands all the way around the field. Would that create an awesome atmosphere or what? I realize however this will never happen. The people who make the calls will never allow that to happen. Besides the parking that would be created at that end of the stadium might cost another 500k.

Here's what should be done. Move the baseball field to the football practice field. Close in the football field to make a circle of stands all the way around the field. Would that create an awesome atmosphere or what? I realize however this will never happen. The people who make the calls will never allow that to happen. Besides the parking that would be created at that end of the stadium might cost another 500k.

If you annex Colonial Heights and make Dobyns-Bennett the largest high school in the state , anything is possible. Maybe even a gold ball in 6A.

What are some observations that might be possible from recent games that would help anyone gain some insight into this game? Teams that spread DB's defense gives them problems. South did not have enough speed in the backfield to get to the outside and therefore DB was able to keep everyone tight in the box. This did not allow South to use their ground game until it was too late. Also allowed DB to keep pressure on the QB. Clinton and Boone were able to keep the defense spread and run the ball in the middle, pass to the outside or run to the outside. South appears to have a very good team but not a lot of team speed. They do not close on the ball quick enough to stop a runner like CS. If DB is able to establish the game tempo, this allows them to have a big advantage. DB plays much better when they do not have to pass, only passing by design instead of being forced into a passing situation. TH appears to have more team speed than South but not as physical. TN will need to team tackle and not miss tackles. Missed tackles hurt South several times early in the game. TH will need to play fast, move the ball on the ground and use the pass to the backs to setup the ground game. They will need to get pressure on the QB to force quick decisions. TH needs to score early to establish confidence and play aggressive from the start. TH's ability to establish the running game will play a major role in the outcome of this game. I hope team plays their best game, with each team being free from injury. Assuming turnovers are keep minimal by both teams, my guess: DB 28 TH 21. Good luck to both teams!

The Vikings team speed is no better than the Rebels unless they're gonna play Keenan at def. back. South's corner was the fastest back in the jamboree and CS ran right at him all night long. That's the way you attack speed. Go right at it to neutralize it. the Vikings DBackfield is their weakest link just like South's was. Expect CS to run at will unless they find a way to get to him before he gets going.

What are some observations that might be possible from recent games that would help anyone gain some insight into this game? Teams that spread DB's defense gives them problems. South did not have enough speed in the backfield to get to the outside and therefore DB was able to keep everyone tight in the box. This did not allow South to use their ground game until it was too late. Also allowed DB to keep pressure on the QB. Clinton and Boone were able to keep the defense spread and run the ball in the middle, pass to the outside or run to the outside. South appears to have a very good team but not a lot of team speed. They do not close on the ball quick enough to stop a runner like CS. If DB is able to establish the game tempo, this allows them to have a big advantage. DB plays much better when they do not have to pass, only passing by design instead of being forced into a passing situation. TH appears to have more team speed than South but not as physical. TN will need to team tackle and not miss tackles. Missed tackles hurt South several times early in the game. TH will need to play fast, move the ball on the ground and use the pass to the backs to setup the ground game. They will need to get pressure on the QB to force quick decisions. TH needs to score early to establish confidence and play aggressive from the start. TH's ability to establish the running game will play a major role in the outcome of this game. I hope team plays their best game, with each team being free from injury. Assuming turnovers are keep minimal by both teams, my guess: DB 28 TH 21. Good luck to both teams!

The Vikings team speed is no better than the Rebels unless they're gonna play Keenan at def. back. South's corner was the fastest back in the jamboree and CS ran right at him all night long. That's the way you attack speed. Go right at it to neutralize it. the Vikings DBackfield is their weakest link just like South's was. Expect CS to run at will unless they find a way to get to him before he gets going.

Crawdad are you making all your judgments based on what you saw at the jamboree? Because if that's the case, Volunteer will give both South and DB a run for their money.

you guys need to go GREEN :lol: with the rest of the country ..enclose your stadium ,put dome on it so we don't have breath all that great Eastman air and replace those splinter getter's with some aluminum ones from recycled cans and you've already got plastic grass made from recycled Foodcity bags so you off to a good start :thumb:

I was talking about the front 7..yours are slow ours are not. Your D-ends were no where to be seen all night except for a missed block once..backers could not pursue fast enough to give outside run support...corners could not or would not tackle..and yes #1 was fast, but not physical ..did not beat one block all night that i saw...sorry just callin it the way it is :thumb:

anyway i am just goin to say if DB plays like they did with south that ths will be no prob i have seen KS play and truefully wasnt that inpressed i dont understand it he hasnt even done anything when he faces the good teams. but i am sure watson will have a great game plan.

:(:lol: CAP ..they ain't got a clue do they :thumb::lol:

Your about to find out that big brother is coimng to do to you what we did to South. Expect it and you won't be to disappointed when it becomes reality. Guys it's just the cold hard truth. We own East Tenn. and always will. Roll Tribe Roll.............. :wacko:

WOW........can't imagine all the smack talk if you guys had a better record than you do!!!!!!!!!!! Talking it up is fun and a confidence builder........but not necessarily the truth. This is the one and only post from me regarding this game. Games are decided on the field-not on here. Buckle up..........it's on! :wacko: