TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

As a comparison THS is head and shoulders above Boone. When Boone played "the" DB, they had no sustained drives except for scoring drives from DB turnovers and DB having 2 touchdowns recalled from stupid penalties. Boone does have a good team, but not as good as they think they are.

I am a Boone fan and it's sad that no one will give them credit. Dont get me wrong i do think TN High is better than Boone by no doubt, but for Boone to go to Steve Spurrier field force three turnovers in the first half and stop the Hilltoppers on the one yard line for three straight plays means something. Saying Daniel Boone is not as good as they think they are, is just flat out stupid! All you dumb DB fans will jsut never give credit to Boone and say hey they beat us flat out at our own field. What kcan Science Hill say they havent beat DB in 17 or 18 years. They have given up 72 points in seven games and that is because they have the best defense in East Tn. They force turnovers, hit hard, and make sure they score off turnovers thats what good teams do. What will Boone have to do to earn respect, beat every team in northeast TN?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it a shot trailblazer.You guys have a fine team and a very good defense.I guess what sticks in our fans mind is the fact that out of all the very good teams that have beat us,Boone had the least amount of talent.Saying you have less talent than Farragut,Clinton,Sevier county and Tennessee High is no cut down.Getting beat by mistakes and screwups is bad enough,but doing it when you have the better team is more than most can take.It doesn't matter what other schools think of you anyway,it's what you and your team thinks about themselves that counts.I would be very proud of that Boone team this year.I was very proud of our team last year,and was very proud when they kept fighting last night.You might have to call 911 if we lost on senior night however.Roll Tribe

Made this same post on the DB/Sul South thread --- couldn't hardly tell the difference of the 2 threads!

Looks as if it could be a wet one tonight, to which it doesn't give one team an advantage over the other. I do know that this is the 3rd time in 4 years that DB has been at the castle, wonder how that came about???? THS has always been and will always be a force to recon with! Make no mistake, if you do not play good ball against them then you will be on the low scoring outcome side. DB has won the last 5 in a row knowing this simple rule and no doubt will bring their "A" game tonight! The dominance continues.

PS: Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are!

DB 27

THS 13

ROLL TRIBE!

Geez.... PS Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are.....listen, we are 6-1 and have our schedule and play our games. We were good enough to beat Seymour, Cherokee, North, Central, Science Hill.....and DB. We took South to overtime. No Boone fan (wait I take that back one comes on here and states we are the greatest...not me) thinks that we are the cream of the crop. We do believe in working hard and taking what we are dealt and then...whatever happens happens. If we beat volunteer, beat crockett. and beat TH 3-0 then still...we would hear that the kids overlooked Boone and it wasn't their best game and...excuses excuses. TN High may beat us and if it happens it happens...but Boone would still be 8-2 and at the end of the day... we won some games and played some close ones. Get over your school's history and start living in the now. You got beat by Boone and TN High...live with it.

First of all, congrats to THS --- The BEST team in East TN by a long shot! Class act, well coached and well rehearsed! They should win the Big 8 and should do well into the playoffs.

As a comparison THS is head and shoulders above Boone. When Boone played "the" DB, they had no sustained drives except for scoring drives from DB turnovers and DB having 2 touchdowns recalled from stupid penalties. Boone does have a good team, but not as good as they think they are.

If a game ends with Boone winning by 1 point.... their good enough. And yeah, you have a lot of fairweather fans out there that show up and think they are great, I won't say you are wrong if you are comparing them... but I know both of the Jenkins and they will never have the high head and think they are better than they are. Both of them are realists and will not think "we've got this made". Big lift for the kids, yeah, and let them ride it and have confidence to play hard ball. But the Boone ball team is good, and if they would have put together a couple of things, we'd be sitting at 7-0 right now.

If you go back to the DB thread vs Boone.... everyone thought they would be head and shoulders above us, same with south, same with seymour, same with cherokee.... etc. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how good your team could be or could not be...it matters on the scoreboard and who showed up.

I think DB is better than their record speaks...and I don't have a doubt that TN High is a great team.

Aaahhhh yes, the Black Devil Train has arrived at it's destination. Just under the Eastman Road Bridge. The Indian Fathers are busy loading pickup truck loads of the pungent bird and hauling it back to J. Fred Johnson Stadium for the required black communion. By the time all is said and done their trucks will be rusted and tires will be rotted by the juice from the Devil Bird.The beaten city Fathers toil as told. The Indian Mothers will be serving the delicacy into the wee hours of the morning with nasty vermin sweat rolling down their soon to be aging city faces. These wretched young women will age beyond their years by midnight next Thursday when they will send the Black Devil Train to it's next destination. Woe be unto anyone who must keep the train two weeks in a row. There would be no return from such discust. Enjoy your cript for your curse has been administered and remember...woe is to the one who lives in the past...for the present is but a fleeting number of touchdowns away........ ;)

If anybody knows this dude personally, you need to help him find a nice mental hospital. He's got some serious anomalies going on in that head. The South game must have been too much for him. :D

Aaahhhh yes, the Black Devil Train has arrived at it's destination. Just under the Eastman Road Bridge. The Indian Fathers are busy loading pickup truck loads of the pungent bird and hauling it back to J. Fred Johnson Stadium for the required black communion. By the time all is said and done their trucks will be rusted and tires will be rotted by the juice from the Devil Bird.The beaten city Fathers toil as told. The Indian Mothers will be serving the delicacy into the wee hours of the morning with nasty vermin sweat rolling down their soon to be aging city faces. These wretched young women will age beyond their years by midnight next Thursday when they will send the Black Devil Train to it's next destination. Woe be unto anyone who must keep the train two weeks in a row. There would be no return from such discust. Enjoy your cript for your curse has been administered and remember...woe is to the one who lives in the past...for the present is but a fleeting number of touchdowns away........ ;)

If anybody knows this dude personally, you need to help him find a nice mental hospital. He's got some serious anomalies going on in that head. The South game must have been too much for him. :D

I'm with you on this one. Has he lost his mine? Come on get with the program. South lost move on, the boys have.....And are and will be fine.

To formerblazer,

I must tell you that Boone is a very good team this year, congrats to your team. I'm sure beating DB this year is sweet, so enjoy. The only reason I made my statement was due to Boone supporters calling in on local sports talk shows and making the statements such as "Boone has the best defense in the state of TN." The young men on the Boone team deserve what they have worked for and earned! I hope you can continue your winning ways and make it to the playoffs and represent your school and upper east TN well, heck it wouldn't make me mad to see you bring home a state championship!

Side note: When Boone or anyone else can beat DB year in and year out, then they have bragging rights! That’s a tall order; don’t set the bar so high that you cannot clear it. We are down this year but we will be back! See ya next year.......ROLL TRIBE!

Made this same post on the DB/Sul South thread --- couldn't hardly tell the difference of the 2 threads!

Looks as if it could be a wet one tonight, to which it doesn't give one team an advantage over the other. I do know that this is the 3rd time in 4 years that DB has been at the castle, wonder how that came about???? THS has always been and will always be a force to recon with! Make no mistake, if you do not play good ball against them then you will be on the low scoring outcome side. DB has won the last 5 in a row knowing this simple rule and no doubt will bring their "A" game tonight! The dominance continues.

PS: Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are!

DB 27

THS 13

ROLL TRIBE!

Geez.... PS Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are.....listen, we are 6-1 and have our schedule and play our games. We were good enough to beat Seymour, Cherokee, North, Central, Science Hill.....and DB. We took South to overtime. No Boone fan (wait I take that back one comes on here and states we are the greatest...not me) thinks that we are the cream of the crop. We do believe in working hard and taking what we are dealt and then...whatever happens happens. If we beat volunteer, beat crockett. and beat TH 3-0 then still...we would hear that the kids overlooked Boone and it wasn't their best game and...excuses excuses. TN High may beat us and if it happens it happens...but Boone would still be 8-2 and at the end of the day... we won some games and played some close ones. Get over your school's history and start living in the now. You got beat by Boone and TN High...live with it.

What is all the ranting and ravings going on about Boone on a THS vs DB thread ? Former blazer

I have to give Boone credit U all have a good team this year.But The Hill and DB are down this year.

Beating them both doesn't mean a thing right now. Gilligan will be gone in another year.HillToppers

hate to lose,just like DB fans,so feel good about ur team while U can. But not being arrogant as

some say about others ,THS is good. Can't wait to show U. ;)

To formerblazer,

I must tell you that Boone is a very good team this year, congrats to your team. I'm sure beating DB this year is sweet, so enjoy. The only reason I made my statement was due to Boone supporters calling in on local sports talk shows and making the statements such as "Boone has the best defense in the state of TN." The young men on the Boone team deserve what they have worked for and earned! I hope you can continue your winning ways and make it to the playoffs and represent your school and upper east TN well, heck it wouldn't make me mad to see you bring home a state championship!

Side note: When Boone or anyone else can beat DB year in and year out, then they have bragging rights! That’s a tall order; don’t set the bar so high that you cannot clear it. We are down this year but we will be back! See ya next year.......ROLL TRIBE!

Well put DB71. :roflol: I just wish you guys would have held up your part of the (unwritten) deal and beat Boone like you were suppose too do… this TrailBlazer guy is a pain in the donkey!!!!!! I wish we could just DO THIS tomorrow and get it over with… because this “Jermaine Jackson, I’m famous too” syndrome that you have TrailBlazer is getting under EVERYBODIES skin!! If your team is in this same position NEXT YEAR, then believe me… respect will come, and you won’t have to keep beggin!!! Just a side note: I heard Jermaine Jackson recently went to a restaurant by himself just to see if anybody recognized him. After about an hour he stormed out in disgust. :roflol:

To formerblazer,

Well put DB71. :roflol: I just wish you guys would have held up your part of the (unwritten) deal and beat Boone like you were suppose too do… this TrailBlazer guy is a pain in the donkey!!!!!! I wish we could just DO THIS tomorrow and get it over with… because this “Jermaine Jackson, I’m famous too” syndrome that you have TrailBlazer is getting under EVERYBODIES skin!! If your team is in this same position NEXT YEAR, then believe me… respect will come, and you won’t have to keep beggin!!! Just a side note: I heard Jermaine Jackson recently went to a restaurant by himself just to see if anybody recognized him. After about an hour he stormed out in disgust. :roflol:

I''m in the few on Jermaine.I went to the Victory tour to hear "Dynamite".Joseph is the Jackson that gets under my skin the most.Few will understand that on a football board.I'd rather talk about that as the game last night :thumb:

Congratulations Vikings on a great all around game. The team is getting better each week. I hope Shepard heals up quick. What is Sensabaugh's injury? Everytime we have played them since Sensabaugh has been at DB, I have yet to see him play. I hear all the hype, but for some reason or another haven't seen him do a thing. That's not a cut, just the truth.

Proud of all you Vikings! Enjoy this win and the entire season!