TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess CS is the next Barry Sanders then. :popcorneater:

Where did 6'2" come from. Problem is most of these people don't read the post. Speed! It's all about speed. Nothing else matters. Yes 6'2" is good yes 5'8" is good...if you got speed.

I believe you were the one quoting that Tallman was too short for RB. Roster says he's 6'2". That's where it came from. :lol:

i saw your son play in 4 games last year he was tough, how is he doing in college.

He got his first start two weeks ago after a few impressive mop up stints. He fumbled, they scored and he has been on the pine since. He's having to deal with the fact that all Defensive Tackles in college football are minimum 6'6" 290 with many 6''8" and over 300. Changes things a bit.

I guess CS is the next Barry Sanders then. :popcorneater:

Where did 6'2" come from. Problem is most of these people don't read the post. Speed! It's all about speed. Nothing else matters. Yes 6'2" is good yes 5'8" is good...if you got speed.

I believe you were the one quoting that Tallman was too short for RB. Roster says he's 6'2". That's where it came from. :lol:

Wrong again. You didn't read. I said he would not go to college as a RB that he would go as a LB but only in DII because he is too short to be a LB in DI. Had nothing to do with being a RB.

There are a bunch of linebackers that are not even six feet tall on D1 rosters.Tennessee and Georgia have a couple each.That's in the little ole SEC.

And what kind of speed do they posess? Tallman is a game changer. In any...I repeat any game he plays in. But his acceleration is not DI. A little bit faster and he is the complete package.

There are a bunch of linebackers that are not even six feet tall on D1 rosters.Tennessee and Georgia have a couple each.That's in the little ole SEC.

And what are each of those teams ranked? :D

OK,Florida also has a couple :roll:

I hope they all go DI Batman...I truly do. But there is a difference between scout team and starters. When Ralph Nelson was at South he was benching 650. The bar would bend when he pressed the rep. Hello. He was All State, All American, Mr. Football, All Everything. He went to UT. There will never be a faster lineman come out of NET. He was the creme'. He got one rep on the field as a center. They said he was too short at 6'2". He played scout team. Teddy Gaines...one of the fastest WR's to come out of anywhere much less DB. Adonis...the list goes on. Curt had to go to the Big 10. The SEC didn't want him. And he was compared to Spurrier. When you see a DI athlete on the field in HS it speaks for itself. They just stand out. Game after game. Men amoung boys. They direct the momentum of the game...singlehandedly. It's tough to put that pressure on them only to find out they don't cut the grade...for whatever the reason. Just sayin'...