Henry County vs Clarksville

GHS59

Wild-Cat-Fan, believe what you may, but I am for West Creek. The statement I made about not being worthy to be in Henry County's league is a smart comment to all the Patriot fans. They do not remember what times they had before, and any school in this district can be equal in the next few years. As for Coach S, I will tell him you said hi tonight. He is as vocal as ever! :roflol:

I guarantee you just about every person on this board remembers HC's down years! However, we live in the present and are excited about our team and love to talk about what they are doing NOW! If you want to talk about the past HC had many really good years in the 80's & 90's and ruled this same district along with Dickson Co. year in & year out. Henry Co. isn't going away after this year either!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know what happens if HCHS has to close for a few days for flu? I was told this morning the absenteeism was at 18%. ?? I was thinking the game would still be played, but not sure.

On a similar note, I saw that Dickson County must have a finalized budget by Oct 18 or the schools would be mandated to close on the 19th until budget finalized. This has happened in other places in TN and other states. Will the scheduled game still be played if schools are still out in DC during that week?

Just wondering?

In the case that Clarksville had two weeks ago, the school shut down for Wed, Thurs, Fri and practice was canceled for Wed. They were allowed to practice Thurs, and the game was still on for Friday. They came out and had a POOR performance against Northeast. Hopefully it was just the sickness and it is all behind them! I am all for Clarksville teams when they are up against the big dogs from out of town.

How many fans will you be bringing down to the game?

How is the QB? I know he went down at the game last week, but I hope all is well, or will be well for him soon. Heck of an athlete....as is all of the team :mrgreen:

In the case that Clarksville had two weeks ago, the school shut down for Wed, Thurs, Fri and practice was canceled for Wed. They were allowed to practice Thurs, and the game was still on for Friday. They came out and had a POOR performance against Northeast. Hopefully it was just the sickness and it is all behind them! I am all for Clarksville teams when they are up against the big dogs from out of town.

How is the QB? I know he went down at the game last week, but I hope all is well, or will be well for him soon. Heck of an athlete....as is all of the team :mrgreen:

From what I understand he has a mild MCL sprain. Should be back on field for the DCHS game.

Pats will bring enough to fill up the Visitors stands and they will be loud. Looks of the forcast it looks like it will be a mud bowl.

How do you think CHS compares to Springfield on both sides of the ball?

How is the QB? I know he went down at the game last week, but I hope all is well, or will be well for him soon. Heck of an athlete....as is all of the team :thumb:

We will fill up the all of the visitors side and probably half of the home side. That's how we roll.

Does anybody know what happens if HCHS has to close for a few days for flu? I was told this morning the absenteeism was at 18%. ?? I was thinking the game would still be played, but not sure.

On a similar note, I saw that Dickson County must have a finalized budget by Oct 18 or the schools would be mandated to close on the 19th until budget finalized. This has happened in other places in TN and other states. Will the scheduled game still be played if schools are still out in DC during that week?

Just wondering?

iirc, there has to be either 20 or 30% out for the entire school system for school to close.

From what I have seen, Clarksville is very explosive on defense, and a lot more disciplined than the Springfield D. Their offense was very fumble-prone at the beginning of the season, but has picked it up a great deal since then...

I look for the ground attack to be very strong for both teams, and if the rain comes... it will be a dirty one due to Clarksville's field conditions.

I think I may have to come out to the game Friday night, and be with NE in spirit. This has the makings to be a knock down drag out if Clarksville can keep up for the full 48min...

Chaos... In the case Clarksville-montgomery county had with sickness..they only shut down Clarksville High, no other schools were affected in the closure, so I do not think it has to be a certain number in the ENTIRE system

i think henry co. looks better out of the I formation. Mac is more of a north south runner. i hope they do it more when playoffs get here or their won't be no semifinals this year.

agreed. i'm glad he's cut down on his dancing around. he's too stout to run laterally and be effective.

i think henry co. looks better out of the I formation. Mac is more of a north south runner. i hope they do it more when playoffs get here or their won't be no semifinals this year.

The I formation is fine as a change up for this team, but from a former coach, and an outsider looking in, here is the problem with your logic. Outside of developing an option attack out the I formation (and it's too late to do that), there is very little way for the QB to run the ball. Since he is your best athlete and best runner, that problem is bigger than HUGE. I do agree, however, that the running back looks very effective and comfortable in the I.