Waverly @ Camden

rcombs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week Camden better get their game tight before going into week 10 sloppy. They won't overlook next week but I know they have district title on their minds. They better get their heads out of their #### and start playing mistake free ball. Can't be making silly mistakes this late in the season. Go Lions!

Congrats to the Lions on the win. 8-0 is 8-0 period :popcorneater:

There aren't many teams in Class AA that are still unbeaten after 8 games at this point in the season and that is something to feel good about.

Hope to see some Camden people come to Kingston Springs tomorrow night and watch the Cubs play Harpeth in what should be a very good contest between 2 county rivals.

Camden never overlooks Waverly. They always give us their best game, and we expect nothing less this weekend. Waverly is a great school with good, clean programs. We might not like them as a rival, but we have a tremendous amount of respect for them, even more after they beat us so many times in the 80s and 90s. I wouldn't talk about Coach Graves leaving if I were you. He is one of the brightest young coaches in the area, and several schools would love to have his high energy at the top of their program.

I will agree......VERY sloppy play. IT WOULD be so interesting to see us play 4qrts of what we are capable of week in and week out instead of playing just alittle better than the team of the week. I AM very proud of the boys and the record of 8-0!! But I see many moments of greatness......only to be followed by bonehead plays or not much hussle plays......it is time to "give all your heart....all your strength....all you have.....so you have NO regrets" if you do that then win, lose, or draw it doesn't matter....but if you don't.....trust me you WILL always wonder......we can be "just that good" click-clack. You all have paid the price of working hard......to quote someone I know....."It's time to cash the check"......enough said...

I have heard some rumblings that some of the fans are petioning to get Waverly's head coach fired. Can anyone confirm?

I haven't heard that, but I will tell you this, Coach Trey Graves is the best thing that has happened to Waverly Central football for a long time. He is a very good coach and even better person who genuinely cares about the kids and teaches them not only football, but about life. If these fans are so concerned about winning games then they would show up and support these kids and they would do more to encourage the kids who aren't playing to play. We have the talent in Waverly, but too many kids wanting to play nintendo or Xbox. How sad. My hat is off to the kids who get out and practice hard each day and play hard to represent their school. Thank you Coach Graves for being a great person and coach who helps them do that.

I have heard some rumblings that some of the fans are petioning to get Waverly's head coach fired. Can anyone confirm?

I haven't heard that, but I will tell you this, Coach Trey Graves is the best thing that has happened to Waverly Central football for a long time. He is a very good coach and even better person who genuinely cares about the kids and teaches them not only football, but about life. If these fans are so concerned about winning games then they would show up and support these kids and they would do more to encourage the kids who aren't playing to play. We have the talent in Waverly, but too many kids wanting to play nintendo or Xbox. How sad. My hat is off to the kids who get out and practice hard each day and play hard to represent their school. Thank you Coach Graves for being a great person and coach who helps them do that.

Great Post papa.........very well said. True in a lot of schools. 10-0 or 0-10 team, I give the credit to the kids that do put in the effort and try. To many are into videos etc. You know alot of those kids could play and be good at it....but it would take away the time from all of the distraction. Any young man that plays they game I give them all the credit......much better prepared for life in a sport than a video game........sports teaches so much more...winning and losing is a life experience that is invaluable.

Great post papatiger..........I hope you guys can get a district win this week against Stewart County and I look forward to seeing you next week when you guys come to Cheatham County. Coach Graves is a first class guy all the way who gets the most out of his players. The Tigers were put in a bad situation this preseason when a terrible injury cost them their best player. That really hurts when you add to that the fact that the Tigers were a fairly young squad to begin with this season.

Congrats to Camden on this win and we look forward to seeing you this week at Cheatham County :cry: