Blackman vs Oakland @ The Inferno Game 8

Ok, time for a reality check....Blackman has not played a team yet with a winning record. Last weeks game against siegel wasn't a siegel fluk. It was Blackman finally playing a team that was an equal to them. Sorry to burst your bubble Blackman , but I see this one getting ugly. Oakland 33 Blackman 10. This will only make this crazy in the region with Riverdale, Oakland and Blackman setting things up for the BIG final week......

first, IMHO...i think it would be easy to argue that riverdale is the # 1 team in the state...they have beaten # 1 farragut...and # 1 ensworth-Div. II (someone correct me if ensworth is not # 1 or was not # 1 when they played riverdale)...and at the time i think # 3 oakland and a very good symrna team...if they are not the best, there are not many better than them! Whew...that is impressive just to read!

but here is what is hard to tell at this point...eventhough blackman has not played a team with a winning record...symrna only scored 2 points on the blaze and scored 27 on riverdale...what this will mean come friday against oakland or agains riverdale ...only God knows...but i do think it says something about blackman that is possibly positive...on the other hand...blackman only scored 10 against symrna and riverdale scored 30...again this says something...but the bottom line is riverdale beat symrna by 3 and blackman beat symrna by 8 points...which simply means that the blackman-riverdale game could possibly be a very close game

and if blackman and riverdale is a close game...then i think oakland vs blackman will also be a close game...

oakland beat siegel 20 to 0...but scored the last 7 points on last play or close to last play of the game on a defensive return...so for 99.99% of the game...the score was 13-0...blackman beat siegel 10-3 and had one TD called back for holding...and siegel only crossed the mid field once in the 2nd half...again...this just tells me...that the oakland vs blackman game is going to be a tough...close game!

just for fun...i'll add the point that the wolverines dropped 28 on oakland and only 12 on blackman...and both oakland and blackman scored in the 40's on the Wolverines...

blackman may have a bubble to burst...but i would say that is simply not looking at the facts of not only who they have played...but also at how they have played against weaker opponents (crushed them all) and against two pretty good teams in symrna/ siegel...and...how riverdale played symrna and how oakland played siegel...

all of this does not point to it getting ugly for blackman...but points to a great game between two good teams...so help me out a little when you say that it will get ugly for blackman...is that based on facts and if so...what facts?...or is that based on the past history of blackman?

good luck to the mighty warriors ...see yall in a few weeks!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but no one from R'dale can say anything on here about not playing a team with a winning record, example: Hendersonville (you lost)...... ummm last time I checked they do NOT have a winning record... secondly we played Smyrna they never scored on us, just a safety (that we gave them) and R'dale ALMOST got beat by them!!!! Lastly, when we traveled to the "PIT" we won 52-0 and I believe (correct if I am wrong) Lincoln Co. scored on YOU..... So before you go tooting your horn about how Blackman hasn't played any good teams OR haven't played a team with a winning record maybe you should look at who Blackman and Riverdale have played and who scored what on who..... Just a thought....GO BLACKMAN!!!!!

Why is a bulldogsalltheway person say 'we played Smyrna' ??? and GO BLACKMAN!!! ??? ;)

Also, as the poster above points out, bulldogsalltheway may want to check Hendersonville record again??? Only losses to undefeated Mt Juliet and 7AAA Lavergne....

It is because when folks have 'multiple personalities' they get confused sometimes. :roll:

My prediction.......this thread will get closed before the game takes place. dry.gif

awsome post, dad! i agree totaly with that! nothing like a good trash talkin' friday night football game! high school football is the $h**! :lol:

I'm sorry but no one from R'dale can say anything on here about not playing a team with a winning record, example: Hendersonville (you lost)...... ummm last time I checked they do NOT have a winning record... secondly we played Smyrna they never scored on us, just a safety (that we gave them) and R'dale ALMOST got beat by them!!!! Lastly, when we traveled to the "PIT" we won 52-0 and I believe (correct if I am wrong) Lincoln Co. scored on YOU..... So before you go tooting your horn about how Blackman hasn't played any good teams OR haven't played a team with a winning record maybe you should look at who Blackman and Riverdale have played and who scored what on who..... Just a thought....GO BLACKMAN!!!!!

Why is a bulldogsalltheway person say 'we played Smyrna' ??? and GO BLACKMAN!!! ??? :?

Also, as the poster above points out, bulldogsalltheway may want to check Hendersonville record again??? Only losses to undefeated Mt Juliet and 7AAA Lavergne....

It is because when folks have 'multiple personalities' they get confused sometimes. :thumb:

My prediction.......this thread will get closed before the game takes place. dry.gif

Dude back off BATW she just had a baby and she's getting no sleep and needless to say is stressed to the max. I seriously doubt she would "typically" post something about a football team where she has family starting on the team (Hendersonville) w/o checking her facts first.

Bottom line what she's trying to say is everyone keeps sayin we aint played anybody and our record is crap, but if you compare scores and stats on our games vs. Riverdales game with the same teams in -most- areas Blackman comes out better. In some areas Riverdale comes out better, bottom line it's going to be a good next four weeks no doubt. So can we try and keep the trash talk down and just enjoy the next few weeks of what is expected to be GREAT Football? :?:popcorneater:

Ok, time for a reality check....Blackman has not played a team yet with a winning record. Last weeks game against siegel wasn't a siegel fluk. It was Blackman finally playing a team that was an equal to them. Sorry to burst your bubble Blackman , but I see this one getting ugly. Oakland 33 Blackman 10. This will only make this crazy in the region with Riverdale, Oakland and Blackman setting things up for the BIG final week......

I'm sorry but no one from R'dale can say anything on here about not playing a team with a winning record, example: Hendersonville (you lost)...... ummm last time I checked they do NOT have a winning record... secondly we played Smyrna they never scored on us, just a safety (that we gave them) and R'dale ALMOST got beat by them!!!! Lastly, when we traveled to the "PIT" we won 52-0 and I believe (correct if I am wrong) Lincoln Co. scored on YOU..... So before you go tooting your horn about how Blackman hasn't played any good teams OR haven't played a team with a winning record maybe you should look at who Blackman and Riverdale have played and who scored what on who..... Just a thought....

GO BLACKMAN!!!!!

Check you stats again, Hendersonville has a better winning record than any team Blackman has played this!!!

BlAcKmAnBlAzE2009, ah........ yet another personality heard from! :thumb:

If 'SHE' is so tired and stressed may I suggest a nap or her taking care of the baby instead of playing on here. dry.gif

As to comparing Blackman vs R'dale the only comparison that will count will be in a couple of weeks when they play each other! I'll save talking about that game until the week of it. :popcorneater:

LaVergne beat Hendersonville who beat Riverdale who knocked off #1 (at the time) ranked Faragut.

LaVergne his hereby delcared (based on comparison of scores) the best team in the state.

Just kidding.

Actually, I like Blackman. It's a good school with a good football team. I am not convinced they will win against Oakland or Riverdale who looked to have bigger, more physical line play. (yes, I've already seen all three this fall in person)...Most districts in the state, Blackman would finish unbeaten in a walk.

Hendersonville's win over Riverdale now looks like the fluke of all flukes (maybe except for Chaminade College over Ralph Sampson's U of Virginia hoops team that time back in the 80's). Nothing against Hendersonville, but if Riverdale played them 1000 more times this fall, RHS would win 999 of them.

Back to the thread though, I think Oakland sneaks out a win next Friday night. (thankfully, the game is NOT at Oakland...sitting through Oakland's p.a. guy's antics is in a league with being waterboarded)

Next year you get the battle of Oakland PA vs Blackman Band! :twisted:

If Blackman's band would drop the "karaoke in the stands" bit, they would be a pleasure to hear otherwise. They do a really nice job on those Doobie Bros. songs this year. As far as p.a. guys - the game is supposed to be about the 15 to 17 year olds who sacrificed and worked to play the game and march in the band, not about some attention craving adult with a microphone trying to make it be about him for some reason. I hope schools start to understand this and put a shorter leash on classless homer p.a. guys who only make their school look bad. End of rant.