Giles vs Fairview

fortheboys

You're friend was wrong. There are a few players that play both ways (Boykins and Smith I know of). I would hope you could hear the pads popping from the parking lot seeing as it's 10 ft. away from the practice field :roflolk:

Nope. I was right on the money. I did not say they never rotate players. Heck. Nobody rotates more players in and out in different positions than OC. I said starters. #40 starts on defense and plays offense on certain packages. #22 starts on offense, kickoffs and returns. Plays very little on defense now because of depth although you may see him man on man in nickels & dimes. :roflol:

You ever watch the practices? :?:

You got it 100% on the underclassmen part though :flower: It seems like everyone thinks this is the last year we will be good for some reason. As long as the coaching staff is at Giles Co. we will remain a top program.

Truer words are not possible! :lol:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That will be the demise of the Cats. Only playing one half of football the rest of the regular season can't help them.

You obviously have not watched Giles practice on Monday and Tuesday's. A friend pointed out to me that this is the first time in Giles Football history that the team has a starting 11 on offense and a different starting 11 on defense. Talking about full contact workouts. You can hear the pads popping from the parking lot. Giles defense and offense is one of the best in 4a. Didn't say the best, just one of. So, if they can hold their own against each other I don't believe the games will factor in come play-off time. If you are man enough to survive OC's practices you can bet when Friday night rolls around you are prepared and ready to play.

With this fact in hand, someone mentioned that loosing our 26 seniors will lead to our demise next year. We have at least 9 underclassmen either starting or receiving a LOT of playing time. Our JV has rolled past their foes and they have to work against the first string offense and defense every day. The schemes will change based on personnel but the team will be tough to topple on Friday night. :roflolk:

The GC QB was a starter at Safety against Spring Hill...........got it on film?

May have been changes since then?

Oh stop nitpicking basically there are 11 offensive starters and 11 defensive starters and depending on the package one or two may play on the other side of the ball. No one ever said we didn't have players that sometimes play both ways. For the most part #1 Kimbrough and #17 Inman are the DBs. If the receivers on the other team are tall they will at times put #12 in.

Nope. I was right on the money. I did not say they never rotate players. Heck. Nobody rotates more players in and out in different positions than OC. I said starters. #40 starts on defense and plays offense on certain packages. #22 starts on offense, kickoffs and returns. Plays very little on defense now because of depth although you may see him man on man in nickels & dimes. :roflol:

You ever watch the practices? :thumb:

#40 starts on defense and he not only plays in certian packages, he STARTS in certian packages. Doesn't this mean he starts on both sides of the ball?

Maybe I watch practices, what's it to ya? :roflol:

Fairview Faithfull take heed..........Giles will win and do it easily.

I hope I am wrong and it turns into a good game. Just dont want you to get your hopes too

high.

No disrespect to Fairview or the other smaller schools but they just cant compete in this

messed up,screwed up,makes no sense district crap that you can thank TSSAA for.

I agree with some that this will hurt GC down the road.Not to mention that MC is so messed

up.Giles has left Fairview..... East Hickman......Lewis.....Marshall.I dont expect any to test

the Cats.

I am not sure Giles is as good as everyone thinks they are.....Hickman was a practice session.

Shelbyville was way over rated....Lawrencburg was improved but that isnt saying much.

Spring hill was a pretty good team and dispite the score...played GC very close.

Page was a pretty good team that should have/could have/all but beat the Cats...only

to self destruct.Cookville was a good team that beat GC.

I know I hurt some feelings and I hope Im wrong,just call it like I see it.When GC rolls

over Page/SH and the better 4a 5a schools I will say they are one of the best in the state.

Until then I will say GC is the best in the district.Hope we get a good playoff bracket. :roflol:

Should be the Giles County Bocats not Bobcats

It is Bobcats :roflol:

Maybe while your team is here getting thrashed friday, I can get one of my old english teachers to help you with your syntax. Anything to help a new district member :roflol:

Some people are just too stupid to realize when they are being made fun of.

On to more important things. I want to clear somethinig up. Never would I encourage any player to take a cheap shot at another. I hope Bo goes on to big things at the next level. I was trying to rile up the idiot that made the Tyler remark.

With that said I do believe that we have a chance to win. I was at the Page game and quite frankly not impressed with either team. Bo is the offense for Giles. If you stop him Giles is very and I mean VERY mediocre. Sure they have a few descent players around him. But nothing that is amazing. None that will play above D-III. Bo is the real deal but when he gets hit and hit and hit well he just becomes a different QB.

We didn't execute at Spring Hill but they were ours for the taking. We will NOT play that bad again.

Should be the Giles County Bocats not Bobcats

It is Bobcats :roflol:

Maybe while your team is here getting thrashed friday, I can get one of my old english teachers to help you with your syntax. Anything to help a new district member :roflol:

Some people are just too stupid to realize when they are being made fun of.

On to more important things. I want to clear somethinig up. Never would I encourage any player to take a cheap shot at another. I hope Bo goes on to big things at the next level. I was trying to rile up the idiot that made the Tyler remark.

With that said I do believe that we have a chance to win. I was at the Page game and quite frankly not impressed with either team. Bo is the offense for Giles. If you stop him Giles is very and I mean VERY mediocre. Sure they have a few descent players around him. But nothing that is amazing. None that will play above D-III. Bo is the real deal but when he gets hit and hit and hit well he just becomes a different QB.

We didn't execute at Spring Hill but they were ours for the taking. We will NOT play that bad again.

Youre crazy...that game was a battle! A battle between the two best teams in the district! What was the final score of Giles and Spring Hill?

You ever watch the practices? :mrgreen:

#40 starts on defense and he not only plays in certian packages, he STARTS in certian packages. Doesn't this mean he starts on both sides of the ball?

Maybe I watch practices, what's it to ya? :D

The word start. Starts plural. The beginning. Initial formation of. That in which is ahead of all that follows. So the answer is no. #40 starts on defense. Period. All this brings me to ponder why you would single out this point anyway. The jest of the post was to indicate Giles ability to conduct game simulation during practice. Very few 4a schools are fortunate enough to enjoy that. The concern was strength of schedule verses the cause and effects of playing tough teams before playoffs. In your analogy of what the meaning of a "starter" is, then Giles has 29 starters, (22 + 7 who "start" in certain packages), thus reinforcing my position that real time game like practices will enable Giles to prepare for the playoff run. Thanks for supporting me on this issue. :D

As for watching the team practice. Process of identity elimination. Amazing as time progresses how the vocal ramblings of individuals develop shape and form to enable even the untrained eye to notice the protruding nails.

:D

Frank,

Hi hon. Just wanted to remind you about taking your meds. You are incoherent again. Also you left your glasses at the house. I was worried about you going to the Page - Giles County game the other night. I know you didn't see a thing without them and you know your old friend Rusty does not understand whats going on so he can't tell you what is really happening. If you can get that old pickup in reverse, back on over to the house and pick them up. You know tripping and falling will only further damage your brain.

Love Frankie :mrgreen:

Frank,

Hi hon. Just wanted to remind you about taking your meds. You are incoherent again. Also you left your glasses at the house. I was worried about you going to the Page - Giles County game the other night. I know you didn't see a thing without them and you know your old friend Rusty does not understand whats going on so he can't tell you what is really happening. If you can get that old pickup in reverse, back on over to the house and pick them up. You know tripping and falling will only further damage your brain.

Love Frankie :o

LOL!!!!!

:D:D:mrgreen::D

The word start. Starts plural. The beginning. Initial formation of. That in which is ahead of all that follows. So the answer is no. #40 starts on defense. Period. All this brings me to ponder why you would single out this point anyway. The jest of the post was to indicate Giles ability to conduct game simulation during practice. Very few 4a schools are fortunate enough to enjoy that. The concern was strength of schedule verses the cause and effects of playing tough teams before playoffs. In your analogy of what the meaning of a "starter" is, then Giles has 29 starters, (22 + 7 who "start" in certain packages), thus reinforcing my position that real time game like practices will enable Giles to prepare for the playoff run. Thanks for supporting me on this issue. :D

As for watching the team practice. Process of identity elimination. Amazing as time progresses how the vocal ramblings of individuals develop shape and form to enable even the untrained eye to notice the protruding nails.

:mrgreen:

So according to your logic, if #40 starts on defense and the first package that goes into the game offensively is the stack-I, then #40 starts on both sides of the ball? I believe that's what I already stated.

There are quite a few people that watch the practices. You think you know which one I am? :D