Giles vs Fairview

fortheboys

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WISEOLDMANGILES. I DON'T THINK WEATHER OR PLAYERS RETURNING WILL BE MUCH OF A FACTOR. I THINK THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON RESTS ON THE COACH'S SHOULDERS. GCHS REALLY DOES NOT FACE MUCH COMPETITION THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON, SO MY CONCERN IS THAT THE TEAM AND COACHS STAY MOTIVATED AND FOCUSED FROM HERE TILL THE PLAYOFFS. I'M SURE ONCE PLAYOFFS GET HERE EVERY ONE WILL BE READY.

I HOPE THE GAME IS PLAYED TONIGHT INSTEAD OF TOMORROW. I HEARD FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE THAT BO WALLACE GOT A CALL FROM COACH CHAVIS (THAT'S LSU COACH, MIKE) HE HAD HIS TICKETS FOR THE GAME AGAINST FLORIDA THIS SAT. THATS GOT TO BE AWSOME. NOT ONLY GET TO SEE A GAME THIS BIG BUT TO BE INVITED BY ONE OF THE MAIN COACHS. DON'T KNOW IF HE'LL GET A SCHOLARSHIP FROM LSU OR NOT BUT THEY JUST DON'T INVITE AVERAGE KIDS TO GAMES LIKE THIS UNLESS SOMETHING IS UP. GOOD LUCK TO BO I KNOW IT WILL BE AN EXCITING TIME.

GCHS-28 FAIRVIEW-7 IF PLAYED.

Do everyone a favor and hit the caps button before you post again :twisted:

I know who John Chavis is, he also coached at Tennessee the last 20 years :shock: I'm wondering why Chavis is recruiting Bo, He's the defensive coordinator.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stated WOMG.

The more players that make it to the next level out of our area and specifically our school opens more doors avenues and paths to the next level for everyone that follows. Its a great thing when our program continues to excell, and like many others, I believe this year we can take more steps to reach that gold ball in the last 4A game of the season. Thanks to all those that have and continue to pave the way for the future of Giles players. Wouldn't it be sweet, for some day our boys to get automatic credibility because they go to Giles Co.. Until then we have work to do!

I just love gameday :shock:

EXACTLY! Great thoughts. I also believe that is the thought process of the coaches. Game-day. Nothing like it! :twisted:

Me thinks you are right on the money Shadowman. Although I am far from a football expert unlike Mike and a few of his hanging buddy's, big name teams recruiting of players does NOT start with mechanics, 40's times, won or loss records, or awards, statistics, ect. The FIRST thing they look at is he from Alabama, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, or California. Tennessee's reputation in high school football is like the state of Kentucky's interest in football. Almost doesn't exist. Next. What division does he play in. Then, who is the coach and what type of program and system. Then they might look at numbers and mechanics. So Tennessee high school football players start out way behind the 8 ball.

Now with that said; times are SLOWLY a changing. I firmly believe that we are now blessed overall with more & more highly regarded coaching staffs and programs. Take any position. Lets say QB. All top teams have a wish list of QB's. Got some verbals but NOTHING is a lock. Almost all those QB's are in Florida, Texas, Alabama, California and so on. 15 top programs and 8 top QB's. Look at Dont'a Hightower. 3 star. Bet your sweet butt that ANY team in the country would love to have him now! But, the Tennessee thing and the 3a thing made him a low EARLY priority. There is only one thing that makes a great team. THE COACH. Period. The great coaches will see through the smokescreen and find these guys. With the talent level of Tennessee coaches on the rise, Tennessee programs on the rise, and players like Hightower making the most nationally of the opportunity that was given them, Tn. high school players will benefit in the future.

You or I or anybody else does not have a clue as to where ANY player will go or how his career will turn out when he gets there. Small minded with small assets people who want to get on a blog and show their ignorance by posting remarks directed individually toward a high school football player just might possibility be considered the scum that sets the bar on what a waste of earth's space is! Buy a hat with mirrors so when it comes back around you'll see it coming before the pain hits! :o

Leave my buddies out of this! :twisted: And you're wrong about the mechanics part. They are on the top of this list with college coaches. I heard Kiffin didn't want Bo because his mechanics were messed up and he didn't feel like taking the time to fix them. I do agree with you about the state's thing though.

I might not know where he is going to go but I know where he won't go :shock: I don't believe in Karma.

Me thinks you are right on the money Shadowman. Although I am far from a football expert unlike Mike and a few of his hanging buddy's, big name teams recruiting of players does NOT start with mechanics, 40's times, won or loss records, or awards, statistics, ect. The FIRST thing they look at is he from Alabama, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, or California. Tennessee's reputation in high school football is like the state of Kentucky's interest in football. Almost doesn't exist. Next. What division does he play in. Then, who is the coach and what type of program and system. Then they might look at numbers and mechanics. So Tennessee high school football players start out way behind the 8 ball.

Now with that said; times are SLOWLY a changing. I firmly believe that we are now blessed overall with more & more highly regarded coaching staffs and programs. Take any position. Lets say QB. All top teams have a wish list of QB's. Got some verbals but NOTHING is a lock. Almost all those QB's are in Florida, Texas, Alabama, California and so on. 15 top programs and 8 top QB's. Look at Dont'a Hightower. 3 star. Bet your sweet butt that ANY team in the country would love to have him now! But, the Tennessee thing and the 3a thing made him a low EARLY priority. There is only one thing that makes a great team. THE COACH. Period. The great coaches will see through the smokescreen and find these guys. With the talent level of Tennessee coaches on the rise, Tennessee programs on the rise, and players like Hightower making the most nationally of the opportunity that was given them, Tn. high school players will benefit in the future.

You or I or anybody else does not have a clue as to where ANY player will go or how his career will turn out when he gets there. Small minded with small assets people who want to get on a blog and show their ignorance by posting remarks directed individually toward a high school football player just might possibility be considered the scum that sets the bar on what a waste of earth's space is! Buy a hat with mirrors so when it comes back around you'll see it coming before the pain hits! :lol:

Leave my buddies out of this! :thumb: And you're wrong about the mechanics part. They are on the top of this list with college coaches. I heard Kiffin didn't want Bo because his mechanics were messed up and he didn't feel like taking the time to fix them. I do agree with you about the state's thing though.

I might not know where he is going to go but I know where he won't go :thumb: I don't believe in Karma.

Do you have a job?

You or I or anybody else does not have a clue as to where ANY player will go or how his career will turn out when he gets there. Small minded with small assets people who want to get on a blog and show their ignorance by posting remarks directed individually toward a high school football player just might possibility be considered the scum that sets the bar on what a waste of earth's space is! Buy a hat with mirrors so when it comes back around you'll see it coming before the pain hits! :thumb:

Leave my buddies out of this! :lol: And you're wrong about the mechanics part. They are on the top of this list with college coaches. I heard Kiffin didn't want Bo because his mechanics were messed up and he didn't feel like taking the time to fix them. I do agree with you about the state's thing though.

I might not know where he is going to go but I know where he won't go :thumb: I don't believe in Karma.

Do you have a job?

Nope. I'm a hobo with a laptop that just happens to keep up with Giles County football :lol: The economy's rough man, hard to get a job out there. No one wants to hire a hobo.

Just curious Mikey. In your discussions with Kiffin did he give you any insight into his game strategy this weekend? Discussion was about "BIG TIME" programs. Judging from Kiffin's QB's I would hardly imply that he knows jack about mechanics! I thought you had info from a creditable source.:thumb:

I would say any SEC school is a big time program. You don't think this is true?

First off those aren't his QBs, they are left over from fat phil. Tyler Bray, a kid that has committed to play next year looks pretty good. I can guarantee he will be different than the Qb's the vols have had recently. You don't think a college coach knows anything about mechanics? That's an ignorant statement. All of my sources are credible(that's how you spell it :thumb: )

Just curious Mikey. In your discussions with Kiffin did he give you any insight into his game strategy this weekend? Discussion was about "BIG TIME" programs. Judging from Kiffin's QB's I would hardly imply that he knows jack about mechanics! I thought you had info from a creditable source.:thumb:

I would say any SEC school is a big time program. You don't think this is true?

First off those aren't his QBs, they are left over from fat phil. Tyler Bray, a kid that has committed to play next year looks pretty good. I can guarantee he will be different than the Qb's the vols have had recently. You don't think a college coach knows anything about mechanics? That's an ignorant statement. All of my sources are credible(that's how you spell it :lol: )

Nice grammar catch there! Old fingers get excited sometimes. Mikey, you skip read too much. Remember the part about the "Coach"? If he's big time he and his staff should be able to instruct. Jury's still out on Kiffin. Hasn't won nothing anywhere he's been the man so far so I would not hand my hat on his rack Just yet. Heard from a reliable source that Bray has small feet and will tip over easy. He was also seen wearing his hat sideways. His granny also whipped up on some old ladies during a quilting match. Something about pattern theft. With this professional insight acquired, looks like my source and your source may just be the same expert. Do tell! Better look for that hat. Easies the pain when you know its coming. :thumb: