1A Public Schools Will File A petition for a Split

southernpride

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are these public schools going to "file a petition". Any idea who the person or persons that will take this to the TSSAA. I have never seen a petition filed. I don't think they want to file it with the Board of Control, since they don't deal with these issues. The Legislative council would handle issues like a split. I'm curious, why will they ask council members for a split? I have been following the actions of the TSSAA and the public/private issues for many years and I have never seen this one. Good luck,you will need it.

Posted by bearmen:

When are these public schools going to "file a petition". Any idea who the person or persons that will take this to the TSSAA. I have never seen a petition filed. I don't think they want to file it with the Board of Control, since they don't deal with these issues. The Legislative council would handle issues like a split. I'm curious, why will they ask council members for a split? I have been following the actions of the TSSAA and the public/private issues for many years and I have never seen this one. Good luck,you will need it.

I don`t know that there is a petition to be filed. Caesar is the one saying it will be at the next board of control meeting. I`m just wanting to know under what grounds they think there should be a change and no one seems to be able to answer. ;)

This is to anyone that is against a split. Why is it that all the D-1 privates want to stay in D-1 with the public schools. It just seems to me that if all the private schools were together and the public schools were together then nobody could say anything. Because most of the private schools call public schools cry babies and most of the public schools call the private schools cheaters. If a split happens and you really want to stay in D-1 why not become a PUBLIC school(if thats possible). But really my only question is why are yall trully against a split. After reading all the post in this thread nobody's really answered that, all I have read is a bunch of name calling and so on. :confused:

I can give 2 reasons -

1. We(CPA enrollment about 280) do not have the resources (money specifically) to compete with an MBA(enrollment 870) , a McCallie(1200), a Baylor(600) or a CBHS(1722).

2. Our natural rivals would be FRA, DCA, Ezell, Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, etc. We would want to play them in all sports. Before the split, the football our region was all private schools - BGA, Friendship Christian, Lighthouse, Ezell, FRA and DCA, I think it was.

Posted by Bighurt:

I can give 2 reasons -

1. We(CPA enrollment about 280) do not have the resources (money specifically) to compete with an MBA(enrollment 870) , a McCallie(1200), a Baylor(600) or a CBHS(1722).

2. Our natural rivals would be FRA, DCA, Ezell, Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, etc. We would want to play them in all sports. Before the split, the football our region was all private schools - BGA, Friendship Christian, Lighthouse, Ezell, FRA and DCA, I think it was.

Add NCS subtract BGA

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Nope, NCS was never a region team. At least not while I was in school. They were in region 5 with Davdison East Rob McEwen and such

So when they went from districts to regions they dropped NCS to another league then when the reformatted the regions a few years later they added them back? Without adding any of the others?