1A Public Schools Will File A petition for a Split

southernpride

Gibson County has Gibson County...They COunty school and Milan and Humboldt...Special School districts...Kids from say Medina can go to Gibson COunty for free or pay a fee to attend Milan or Humboldt...which they are not zoned for. Milan and Humboldt both have strong football traditions and students playing who pay this fee. Why are they not included in recruitting talk. Why is their not a lawsuit to exclude them?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you totally and I gave you a good mark.I don't like the split and would be much more in favor of the multiplier.I also agree that both public and private schools recruit from time to time.The really good schools have good atheletes transferring to thier schools all the time because they have good atheletic programs.I think undue influence is the proper word for it.Ialso think that private schools can get by with it much easier and most of them are located where they can really get some great atheletes.I don't think all private schools should be penalized because all of them are not going to the extremes to build great atheleic programs.If you will look at baseball 'football'basketball and softball you will see pretty clearly what is going on at a few of these private schools.Also the money thing is not near as big a deal as some would like you to believe.Just take a look at the amount of state championships in all sports for the last 3 years and tell me that money is hendering these schools.I can't feel sorry for them.It happens all the time but I don't think its right for everyone to be punished because of the actions of a few.It's probably to late now but if these private schools that have been taking advantage of the situation would have been big enough to move up on their own' we probably would not be having this discussion right now.I believe 3a is where they should be and they would still win some championships but I think the total domination would come to an end. In 1a and 2a a couple of great atheletes on a allready solid ball team is enough to put them over the top and I would dare to say if you took at the state champions in these two divisions for the last several years you will see that they have picked up some extra kids from some other school. Take a look at Sweetwater and the two great kids they picked op this year and I think you will see my point.Im not picking on Sweetwater,just showing what a couple of great players can do for a team .This is a rarity at a public school but the private schools do it every year.

I wish more people would remember that sports are for our kids. Too many parents who hate losing are going to penalize kids for being good. The kids at private schools are there because they want the education and enviroment offered. Not to win state titles. They practice hard, become successful and some parents at other schools beleive the only explanation is they are cheating. It is sad that the kids get lost in the argument. Trust me the kids at 99% of the private schools were not recruited, they happen to go to that school. I am sure using the recruiting claim makes a loss easier to stomach, but it simply isn't the truth.

pujo,

once again assinine accusations.

1. What schools have put the emphasis on sports? How have they done this and what proof do you have?

2. What 1a and 2a state champions have picked up new players the past couple of years? Who were these players, and where did they come from.

ALl I'm asking is that you answer these questions. Answer one of them, give proof and not your opinion, please.

What about erik davis'antoine owens'chase slucher the new receiver and only god knows who else.Private supporters such as parents and others watch these kids and when they see a good athelete they encourage them to attend their school.Icould give you several more names at these other good private schools but whats the point.I would be willing to bet the bank that aj blackburn was not at ezell before the 7th grade.You know where they came from'when they got there and what they are doing there.Is it true that someone else paid Antione,s way.Don,t tell me to prove it because I,m not a private investagator,just tell me they did'nt.

Posted by JaxMan: I wish more people would remember that sports are for our kids.

I agree wholeheartedly, JaxMan.

I can't fully comprehend Pujo's point of view because I don't live in Roan Mountain. Pujo can't full understand the point of view of the CPA or Ezell parents because he doesn't live here.

I promise to respect anyone's right to voice an opinion even if I don't agree with it. I also promise not to accuse an individual or group of wrongdoing without direct knowledge of the facts.

How's that? Anyone else willing to make that promise?

And let me add congratulations to Cloudland for being #1 this week!

[Edited by Bighurt on 9-19-02 1:25P]

Your stud lineman last year, Keith Buchannan, did he start at Cloudland?

A.J. was there in 7th grade, Antoine in 6th, erik started in 9th grade. He chose Ezell instead of Father Ryan. (His 8th grade year, Ezell was 3-7, Father Ryan was 13-0 and ranked in the top 25 nationally)

These players all started to Ezell between 6-9th grade. Those years Ezell was a collective 9-22.

What kid in their right mind is going to transfer to a school that had been that horrible for the past decade, if all they cared about was football? Answer me that.

We could just as well come up with vague accusations that half of your players live in North Carolina.

Also, make up your mind about the money issue. You play the pity game that people in your area don't have the money for trainers and nice facilities and this that and the other. Then in your second to last post you say that the money to go to a private school is not a big deal.

Let's face it. The talk revolving around Erik, Antoine, and A.J. and the questions on why they're at Ezell is because they're black. That is ridiculous and sad. I don't really know Erik. But A.J. and Antoine are two of the best kids you will ever meet and come from good families. The fact that someone would belittle them with assinine accusations like that make me absolutely sick.

THAT is why if there is a rematch between Cloudland and Ezell this year, instead of complaining that Smith should play backups, I hope he hangs 70 on you.

Some people won't allow you to be nice.If you have been reading the posts you will see I have been called stupid and alot of other crazy stuff.As far the private schools cheating or doing anything wrong.Idon't think they are.I just think they have to many advantages to play at the 1a and 2a level.Evidently alot of people tend to have the same opinion as I do.I am also glad that they can't change anything for the next two years because we would like nothing better than to play ezell again and I,m sure I speak for the football team and all of roan mountain.

Posted by Bighurt:

Posted by RealGoEagles: THAT is why if there is a rematch between Cloudland and Ezell this year, instead of complaining that Smith should play backups, I hope he hangs 70 on you.

So much for "Let's act like adults." Never mind, I guess.

I am sorry I did not make myself clear. The "So much for . . ." comment was directed at RealGoEagles. You have made some good points and the name calling is unnecessary in my opinion.

The rams could'nt score 70 on this years team.If we get there this year you will have to be at your A game to win at all.What comes around goes around.When you were taking all of those beatings at Ezell are you sure you didn't get some kind of brain damage? Nashville should have a few good shrinks, I'd check into that if I were you.