Class 6A Playoff Bracketology

I'm still trying to figure everything out just like everyone else. I am trying to withhold judgement until after a year of the new system. However, I have concerns based on my limited understanding. It appears that District 1 will lock in 1 of only 2 teams in their district. It will either be Science Hill 4-3 or DB 2-5. Dictrict 2 will lock in 1 of 2 strong teams (Sevier Co or Jeff Co). District 3 will be Oak Ridge over the lackluster Karns and Hardin Valley Teams. District 4 will lock in 2 of 3 strong teams teams Maryville & Farragut over Bearden. These are the 4 districts I know the best but it appears to be some inequity in the ability of teams in the districts. OR should have a much easier road than any of the other 3 regions in the future. I'm sure this was true with the old system, some regions were stronger than other.

Is this a correct understanding of the system and what are the strong and weak districts in Middle and west?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after week 7

science hill at sevier co

bearden at mcminn co

oak ridge at farragut

bradley at maryville

franklin co at ooltewah

oakland at cookville

coffee co at riverdale

soddy-daisy at blackman

rossview at mj

mcgavock at brentwood

indy at hunters lane

dickson co at franklin

brighton at arlington

millington ar germantown

whitehaven at wooddale

kirby at white station

after week 7

bearden at mcminn co

oak ridge at farragut

bradley at maryville

franklin co at ooltewah

oakland at cookville

coffee co at riverdale

soddy-daisy at blackman

rossview at mj

mcgavock at brentwood

indy at hunters lane

dickson co at franklin

brighton at arlington

millington ar germantown

whitehaven at wooddale

kirby at white station

I could be wrong, but the way I read it as it stands right now, Soddy Daisy and Bradley Central are not in. You left out Nashville Overton and Lebanon who should be in those 2 wild card spots. 3 weeks to play so a lot of football and position flipping left.

The TSSAA should allow all schools to be in the playoffs, some states do, your season play would set the brackets up. I think that it would only be one more week of playoffs with some bye weeks for some schools that won out during the year. The TSSAA would make more money because of the extra week and more important, the schools would make more. That way, everyone has a chance, a team with a losing record can get into the playoffs now while a team with a winning record can be setting at home watching. :lol::cry:

after week 7

bearden at mcminn co

oak ridge at farragut

bradley at maryville

franklin co at ooltewah

oakland at cookville

coffee co at riverdale

soddy-daisy at blackman

rossview at mj

mcgavock at brentwood

indy at hunters lane

dickson co at franklin

brighton at arlington

millington ar germantown

whitehaven at wooddale

kirby at white station

I could be wrong, but the way I read it as it stands right now, Soddy Daisy and Bradley Central are not in. You left out Nashville Overton and Lebanon who should be in those 2 wild card spots. 3 weeks to play so a lot of football and position flipping left.

Overton would be over McGavock. They won and have a better overall record. The district in metro comes down to this weeks game between HL and Overton.

The TSSAA should allow all schools to be in the playoffs, some states do, your season play would set the brackets up. I think that it would only be one more week of playoffs with some bye weeks for some schools that won out during the year. The TSSAA would make more money because of the extra week and more important, the schools would make more. That way, everyone has a chance, a team with a losing record can get into the playoffs now while a team with a winning record can be setting at home watching. :cry::lol:

The "some states" to which you refer is exactly one state, Indiana. (And the regular season doesn't even matter there--the entire set of pairings is a blind draw.)

after week 7

bearden at mcminn co

oak ridge at farragut

bradley at maryville

franklin co at ooltewah

oakland at cookville

coffee co at riverdale

soddy-daisy at blackman

rossview at mj

mcgavock at brentwood

indy at hunters lane

dickson co at franklin

brighton at arlington

millington ar germantown

whitehaven at wooddale

kirby at white station

your right

after week 7

bearden at mcminn co

oak ridge at farragut

bradley at maryville

franklin co at ooltewah

oakland at cookville

coffee co at riverdale

lebanon at blackman

rossview at mj

mcgavock at brentwood