Father Ryan vs MBA

Hadouken

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I throughly enjoyed the game, a hard fought tough game. CBQ, no not all the same athletes play all the sports, I think you know that. From your train of thought, MUS, current state champions should be competing for several state titles since they won the title with their football team, didn't happen. So I guess something is wrong there too. For the umpteenth time, Ryan is in the top six in total state championships, not too shabby, but if football is your only interest, doesn't mean anything. I see clearly that some people define some teams success or failure on whether they beat MBA or not, but that train of thought is not as intense as it once was with the students of 2009 and may not ever be that way again. Congrats to MBA, you did what it took to win. :thumb:

PS there was an earlier post offering congradulations to the MBA defense and well deserved. But Ryan's defense also did a great job, Ryan's offense is limited in what it can do and can't do. It takes a gutsy call to go for 4th and one, if you succeed, great call, if you don't, should have kicked the field goal, glad I didn't have to make that call. Still games to be played, playoffs should be interesting.

Lassing is deceptively quicker than he looks and he is just simply a really good football player.

There may be a few (if that) better players in the league at their respective single positions, but if you look at an all-round player - offense, defense, special teams - I think one would be hard-pressed to find a better, single well-rounded player in the league than Lassing. Add in the fact he is a National Merit Semifinalist, and he's just the complete package as far as a student-athlete is concerned.

Fitz Lassing will probably be MBA's valedictorian. Being MBA's valedictorian isn't easy.