Father Ryan vs MBA

Hadouken

which team can run the ball tonight? wins.

Mba doesnt seem to have other options and FR must run well to keep pressure off pass game.

Weather will a factor

Most everybody has run well against MBA this season. The big question is how many points MBA can score. I would think they'll need a minimum of 21 points. MBA actually can pass, though they don't really do much mid-to-long distance passing. The fact that the game's being played on carpet takes a lot of the weather related fun out of it.

Hope everybody has a safe trip out to the game tonight.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA scores on their first possession and makes one touchdown stand up for a 7-3 win. Rivalry games are frequently exciting, but seldom pretty. No exceptions here, and certainly no style points. Two good punters though.

Ryan's facility is extremely nice, although I don't like the carpet (nor do I like MBA's). I doubt anybody at the game will be able to provide any input until Wednesday, as they'll still be waiting for shuttle buses to get them out of the neighborhood.

Obviously, but my point is that a season is a progression where every team hopes to mature an optimize every aspect of their play. Getting this deep into a season and not having a viable passing game can win a game here and there but eventually doesn't build a team that has any opportunity to upset the best in the league. With that said, I was thrilled to see MBA go to their best early and often to give them their best chance. Lassing is deceptively quicker than he looks and he is just simply a really good football player. Give Father Ryan credit. They adapted to Lassing being in the tailback position and did a great job a containing him as the game progressed. I wonder how MBA will adjust now for the rest of the season?????

Lassing is deceptively quicker than he looks and he is just simply a really good football player.

There may be a few (if that) better players in the league at their respective single positions, but if you look at an all-round player - offense, defense, special teams - I think one would be hard-pressed to find a better, single well-rounded player in the league than Lassing. Add in the fact he is a National Merit Semifinalist, and he's just the complete package as far as a student-athlete is concerned.

I'm not sure what to make of Div II this year. Having seen all of the MBA games, I'm thinking that with the exception of Ensworth, the Div II are extremely evenly matched. (This leaves out the Memphis schools...MUS seems to be a beast, and I know nothing about the others). It seems to boil down to who executes on a given night. MBA executed fairly well against (or at least better than) Baylor, McCallie, and Ryan. BGA executed better than MBA, and the results are pretty clear. I think that with the exception of MUS and Ensworth, everybody is playing for a shot at the semi-finals.

Hasnt it been something like 12 years since Ryan has defeated MBA?

It doesnt matter who has done what throughout the season when it comes to rivalries.

Ill go with MBA this one until the Irish can prove otherwise. I hope Im wrong with my prediction.

How is it a rivalry when one team has not defeated the other team in twelve years? With MBA having a sub par season (by MBA standards this is a bad football team) the Irish had better take advantage of the opportunity or it may be another twelve years before they receive another opportunity for a victory.

Ole CBQ is a poster to be relied on. He Always posts about any negative aspect of Ryan that he can come up with. But as usual, when you take all the sports, Ryan holds its own with MBA or anybody else. Where does this anger stem from, care to explain. Ryan will very soon add another state championship to its trophy case, but in another sport. :thumb: PSS I predict a hard fought, tough grind it out by both teams with Ryan the victor. I wonder where all those nay sayers about a month and a half ago went to, the only one left is CBQ. :thumb:

bulldog,

I guess that I am just a negative (some would say truthful & honest) old man with nothing to do down here in South Florida!!!! The problem is that while the other sports programs win state titles the football program at Father Ryan is still trying to find a way to defeat the "Big Red" from MBA. What I don't understand is how the basketball team & wrestling program win championships with the same athletes that participate in football? Is it really an athlete problem or is it some other problem? How is it that you have the ball 4th & goal on the one (you have not been inside the 20 the whole game) with 7:00 in the 4th quater and you don't go for the tie? What type of logic is being used? Would 99.9% of all high school HC's not try to tie the game and then win the game with a long field goal or send the game to overtime where you would have another opportunity for a victory? Was the 1996 State Championship team really the last Father Ryan football team to defeat Montgomery Bell Academy?