1A Mr. Football

MOTO24

What about quarterback Tyler Rice from Wayne co. his team is 7-0 #3 in the state his stats are great for only playin 2 quarters in 4 of the 7 games do to blowouts. I would nomonate him and the kid from jb both are great talents

Well I don't think he deserves it, all he does is play QB no D. I'd like to see someone who plays Iron Man on the field get it. If someone from WC was nominated it should be Dillion Warren #41, he runs the ball good and plays great D, he is just underappreciated (may not have spelled that right).

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kennon Holder should win award hands down. Has around 1400 yards averaging almost nine yards a carry. Has over 200 yards receiving. Has scored 26 touchdowns. He also splits carries with Brittian Thompson who might win the award next year. Holder rushhed for 284 against a very good Westview team, 180 against Milan, and Had 120 against Camden on a wet field. Caught a 95 yard pass to beat Westview with a minute to play and had over 200 yards against Union City.

Should be interesting as this season winds down. But T. Robinson means so much to his team. Who knows what would have happened had he played friday. All I know that is play makers make plays to help the team win games. And when injured or sick can't help make those plays. That's when the coaches and team plan around that problem and stick together. 1 game's, (sickness or injury) does not exclude a player from being chosen for this award. And the impact of the player's entire season will be assesd not just 1 game when he shinned above everyone nor didn't. That is left up to the coaches and writer's statewide. The debate can continue from here until whenever. That is the process. Which won't make everyone happy. Does anyone know where the Blake kid from Grace wound up? He was good example not even being nominated but should have at least been considered last season.

Good luck to Blake. He is in an up and coming program. He should do well as he changes positions. And I know we will hear good things about him in the future. And as far as linemen in 1-A J.Fennel and Jon Blevins could make the cut. Knowing the focus remains on Cookville. Mr. Football stays in the Pitt. 2009!

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about some of these players. That Holder boy from Huntingdon must be a real fast boy and might win that award. I hope the Robinson boy here at SP wins it though. This Robinson kid is tough and thats no joke. You think I am joking about him because I am not. He is just plain good. I hear that he is real real smart too. I hope he gets to play next week.

Well I don't think he deserves it, all he does is play QB no D. I'd like to see someone who plays Iron Man on the field get it. If someone from WC was nominated it should be Dillion Warren #41, he runs the ball good and plays great D, he is just underappreciated (may not have spelled that right).

Dillon Warren i don't know who that player is but i would disagree with you lol if wc didnt have rice at qb they wouldnt be were they are at now and he doesnt need to play both sides if he gets hurt there season is done. tyler and kevin ashabranner would be my picks

Dillon Warren i don't know who that player is but i would disagree with you lol if wc didnt have rice at qb they wouldnt be were they are at now and he doesnt need to play both sides if he gets hurt there season is done. tyler and kevin ashabranner would be my picks

just to straighting things up he also plays saftey guess you need to get your stuff straight before you on somone like that and yea terrell should get it imo

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about some of these players. That Holder boy from Huntingdon must be a real fast boy and might win that award. I hope the Robinson boy here at SP wins it though. This Robinson kid is tough and thats no joke. You think I am joking about him because I am not. He is just plain good. I hear that he is real real smart too. I hope he gets to play next week.

Kennon Holder is an extremely quick RB and also a power back as well. I know no one has this stat, but I'm curious as to what his yards are after contact. Most of the time when Holder is hit, the initial contact isn't what gets him down, it's 4-5 guys finally piling on top of him after he's already ran for 7-8 yards. If you want to see a RB drive his feet and continually drive, drive, drive, Kennon Holder is the RB to watch. He's very exciting to watch and definately the best RB in West TN, even over Milan's RB Jobronski Gilbert. Holder deserves Mr. Football without a doubt.

All AP voters also need to keep in mind that Kennon Holder also ran for 505 yards in a 63-28 PLAYOFF win over (Yes, you read that right) a very solid USJ Bruin team that only lost 2 games last year!!!!!!! USJ's only other loss was to Milan by the score of 42-35.

KENNON HOLDER IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!!! KENNON HOLDER FOR MR. FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another player here in West TN that AP voters need to keep in mind is Jabriel Washington from TCA. As a Junior, he already has offers from almost every SEC school except for Florida. Jabriel has electrifying speed and can pass the ball with strength and accuracy. Jabriel is very capable of nomination for Mr. Football as well.

Go on youtube and check out Jabriel Washington for yourself!