Dyersburgh vs Obion.....thoughts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, it seems OC has stepped it up a notch. I will be the first to say that Dyersburg didn't look like the Dyersburg of recent years. Nonetheless, after the first Trojan drive, OC pretty much controlled the game. The Rebel defense has made drastic strides. I didn't expect the Trojan back to be held under 100 yards. I think he got 40 or 50 of those on the first possession. Great adjustment by the defense. I felt like the defense was the key in the Covington game and Friday night was a repeat for them. I agree with the Dyersburg poster who stated that the Trojan offense was stagnant. There simply was no surprise to what they were doing. They seemed as droll as the weather was, which was downright nasty. I did feel like the field held up well considering all the rain. Don't think the field was a factor.

Westview will present a bit of a different challenge. They seem to be more balanced on offense. Despite their record, I expect this to be one of the Rebels' more difficult games. Westview hasn't taken an easy path to where they are and will be a battle. Should be a great crowd at the UTM stadium Friday night.

How has Westview done against the run since the Huntingdon game?

The way this season has unfolded,Trojans best come to play as in previous years or take it on the chin 'BigTime'..Milan rolls unless Discipline can be restored which was my only concern I had when Stowe was hired //Haywood had the same problems //loads of talent no discipline !!

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way this season has unfolded,Trojans best come to play as in previous years or take it on the chin 'BigTime'..Milan rolls unless Discipline can be restored which was my only concern I had when Stowe was hired //Haywood had the same problems //loads of talent no discipline !!

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DING...DING...DING.....

Give this man the Blue Ribbon...You hit the nail on the head...I said the same thing back when Stowe was hired...I couldn't really believe the administration at DHS hired him...What was always the knock on Haywood County ??...They were undisciplined...They would always come up with an untimely turnover or commit a silly penalty that would stop a drive...They would always lose a game or three they should have won...Everyone always talked about the physical talent of the Tomcats...He did as little with so much as anyone I've seen around here....Now it's happening at Dyersburg...Dang..Don't you wish you maybe had Bowling back??...That 10-2 doesn't look all that bad now does it ??....

Fella...have you even seen Obion County.

Let me say this...there is only "Only " one other player who is better than Haskins....name is Holder from Huntingdon.

Haskins is the deal. He has what it takes to make it happen. Now, he is not the full time Q B and they move him around.

Now, I will say this, if and "IF" you can stop or shut Haskins down, then Westview wins and wins big. That will be the only way you can beat the Rebels.

I know you have won two games now, the Rebels have lost a few but really had a chance to win every game they were in.

So, before you go and make those Kind of statemenst, I have some "Old Crow" left in my freezer from years past of sticking my foot in my mouth. So, let me know if you want it fried, BBQ'd, or boiled...boiled is better.

I will say the Rebels win this game by 10 points.

With Haskins on the Turf field like UTM's, no telling how many yards Haskins gets.

He keeps up like he is, I would vote him a fginalist of the Mr. Football right now. He is a leader in more ways than one. I know his folks....good folks as well.

Good luck Rebels, show those Westview folks that you are what you "R".

ha man i guess i`ll just have to show you what im talking about friday night...just remember "One" guy cant beat Westview.they are gonna have to magically find some other playmaker and just dont see that happening....

Tell that to Keenan Holder....

And the Chargers knew where he would line up...

Fella...have you even seen Obion County.

Let me say this...there is only "Only " one other player who is better than Haskins....name is Holder from Huntingdon.

Haskins is the deal. He has what it takes to make it happen. Now, he is not the full time Q B and they move him around.

Now, I will say this, if and "IF" you can stop or shut Haskins down, then Westview wins and wins big. That will be the only way you can beat the Rebels.

I know you have won two games now, the Rebels have lost a few but really had a chance to win every game they were in.

So, before you go and make those Kind of statemenst, I have some "Old Crow" left in my freezer from years past of sticking my foot in my mouth. So, let me know if you want it fried, BBQ'd, or boiled...boiled is better.

I will say the Rebels win this game by 10 points.

With Haskins on the Turf field like UTM's, no telling how many yards Haskins gets.

He keeps up like he is, I would vote him a fginalist of the Mr. Football right now. He is a leader in more ways than one. I know his folks....good folks as well.

Good luck Rebels, show those Westview folks that you are what you "R".

ha man i guess i`ll just have to show you what im talking about friday night...just remember "One" guy cant beat Westview.they are gonna have to magically find some other playmaker and just dont see that happening....

Tell that to Keenan Holder....

And the Chargers knew where he would line up...

ha man i dont know what to say to go ahead and let you know lets just say im a very reliable source and Westview will stop Patrick Haskins....

Looks like you might want some crow after the game also.

Listen folks, you folks on here are the one that brought up about Westview going to shut down Obion. Obion has COME a long way. You will find that out.

There will be plenty of room on the 50 yard line after the game for your crow. I have no reason to need any...I'm not the one who opened their mouth and made those bold statements.

I will predict that Haskins will run for 150 to 175 yards...maybe more. But they have more than Haskins....you will see.

I will go out Wednesday and look for some fresh crow, by the looks of things, we may need more than we first thought.