Dyersburgh vs Obion.....thoughts

Where do I start? As a former Dyersburg player and a current Obion Co. resident I cheer for both, unless they are playing each other then its all Dburg for me. We got out played, out coached, out everythinged. Anybody know how much it would cost to swap staffs with Obion Co.? What a job they have done! This game was lost for us and won by them on the line of scrimmage. Obion's offensive line plays in 2 point stances and they blocked well. I don't know how the line coach gets them to block in a 2 point stance but they are good at it. Obion's D line killed us too. They only had 3 d linemen in most the game and we still couldn't block em. Embarrassing!!! They're offense uses imagination and ours is stale! They're D was more physical than ours and it wasn't close. #7 is the best player I've seen all year. Nobody in North West Tennessee is better than him. Great Job Obion it was great to see how happy your players, coaches, and fans were after what you've been through. However, my Trojans have to step up. Players and especially coaches. We must do better or find someone who will!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One heartbeat all right....and the stench of mediocrity.

That BIG season of a few years ago and LOSING to a 2-8 team still permates throughout the Heartbeat.

Good grief guys you have a good team but in the scheme of things overall....you are...well... figure it out....but use more heartbeats...please

Wow. Way to stay classy.

You're welcome....and that "heartbeat" sounds like a trainwreck is about to hit the team and staff.

Definitly not taking anything away from Haskins, he is what he is, and sometimes doing a lot on his own, but I have to give a LOT of credit to the blocking of the Rebel off., not only at the line but also downfield blocking. Just a GREAT victory for the Rebels and I would have to say the BEST IMPROVED team around. Congradulation to coach Shawn Jackson and his coaching staff for going the extra mile for these kids, they certanily deserve it. Roll ;) on Rebels. I love, I love, I want to see more of it. :D

One heartbeat all right....and the stench of mediocrity.

That BIG season of a few years ago and LOSING to a 2-8 team still permates throughout the Heartbeat.

Good grief guys you have a good team but in the scheme of things overall....you are...well... figure it out....but use more heartbeats...please

Wow. Way to stay classy.

You're welcome....and that "heartbeat" sounds like a trainwreck is about to hit the team and staff.

You should probably get your eyes checked, because I didn't thank you for anything. Some criticism is warranted, but it would behoove you to learn a little tact.

OC has indeed become a team that is a "contender" The Rebs continue to improve on "D", getting several to the ball, holding Covington to around 150 yards total off. and limiting D'burg's Taylor, a very good back to less than a hundred. With the ball, OC can score in so many ways. Haskins is something,and the entire O is a talented group. This team has REALLY improved since the first of the season. Looking back, Fulton Co. was a nice start, to get a W, should have won in Miss., I thought played very well after the 1st quarter vs Crockett Co., beat a pretty good Cape Central team, not a push-over by any means, lost a game against UC that I did not see, but understand was winable, just man-handled Covington, and beat #7 ranked Dyersburg. This has been a very fun season to call thus far, and I think we are FAR from being done. Big game this week with Westview, always a tough bunch. Coach Jackson and his staff have done an amazing job of turning things around in Troy. Three games left at Martin, Gibson Co at home (sr night), and at Ripley. Come out and watch this bunch at Westview, you will enjoy the game!! :thumb:

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OC has indeed become a team that is a "contender" The Rebs continue to improve on "D", getting several to the ball, holding Covington to around 150 yards total off. and limiting D'burg's Taylor, a very good back to less than a hundred. With the ball, OC can score in so many ways. Haskins is something,and the entire O is a talented group. This team has REALLY improved since the first of the season. Looking back, Fulton Co. was a nice start, to get a W, should have won in Miss., I thought played very well after the 1st quarter vs Crockett Co., beat a pretty good Cape Central team, not a push-over by any means, lost a game against UC that I did not see, but understand was winable, just man-handled Covington, and beat #7 ranked Dyersburg. This has been a very fun season to call thus far, and I think we are FAR from being done. Big game this week with Westview, always a tough bunch. Coach Jackson and his staff have done an amazing job of turning things around in Troy. Three games left at Martin, Gibson Co at home (sr night), and at Ripley. Come out and watch this bunch at Westview, you will enjoy the game!! :thumb:

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry but yall will not beat Westview....they will shut your one man team down

Fella...have you even seen Obion County.

Let me say this...there is only "Only " one other player who is better than Haskins....name is Holder from Huntingdon.

Haskins is the deal. He has what it takes to make it happen. Now, he is not the full time Q B and they move him around.

Now, I will say this, if and "IF" you can stop or shut Haskins down, then Westview wins and wins big. That will be the only way you can beat the Rebels.

I know you have won two games now, the Rebels have lost a few but really had a chance to win every game they were in.

So, before you go and make those Kind of statemenst, I have some "Old Crow" left in my freezer from years past of sticking my foot in my mouth. So, let me know if you want it fried, BBQ'd, or boiled...boiled is better.

I will say the Rebels win this game by 10 points.

With Haskins on the Turf field like UTM's, no telling how many yards Haskins gets.

He keeps up like he is, I would vote him a fginalist of the Mr. Football right now. He is a leader in more ways than one. I know his folks....good folks as well.

Good luck Rebels, show those Westview folks that you are what you "R".

If you think Dyersburg puts up 35 on Obion you are smoking crack!

What would be so remarkable about putting up 35 on Obion? They are improved defensively, for sure, but they haven't exactly shut down anyone. If the field isn't a quagmire on Friday night, I suspect the Trojans will score 35 or more. People seem to have forgotten that Dyersburg had a statistical advantage on Crockett County, which is an excellent team. Dyersburg actually gained 356 yards against Crockett, 296 on the ground and averaged 7.40 per rush. Dyersburg was on the Crockett 2 yard line and was turned back. Offensively, the Trojans had probably their best game of the year. Dyersburg should not be confused with Fulton County or Covington.

Obion Central should not have been confused with Ripley or Raleigh Egypt.

Fella...have you even seen Obion County.

Let me say this...there is only "Only " one other player who is better than Haskins....name is Holder from Huntingdon.

Haskins is the deal. He has what it takes to make it happen. Now, he is not the full time Q B and they move him around.

Now, I will say this, if and "IF" you can stop or shut Haskins down, then Westview wins and wins big. That will be the only way you can beat the Rebels.

I know you have won two games now, the Rebels have lost a few but really had a chance to win every game they were in.

So, before you go and make those Kind of statemenst, I have some "Old Crow" left in my freezer from years past of sticking my foot in my mouth. So, let me know if you want it fried, BBQ'd, or boiled...boiled is better.

I will say the Rebels win this game by 10 points.

With Haskins on the Turf field like UTM's, no telling how many yards Haskins gets.

He keeps up like he is, I would vote him a fginalist of the Mr. Football right now. He is a leader in more ways than one. I know his folks....good folks as well.

Good luck Rebels, show those Westview folks that you are what you "R".

ha man i guess i`ll just have to show you what im talking about friday night...just remember "One" guy cant beat Westview.they are gonna have to magically find some other playmaker and just dont see that happening....

I keep hearing over and over and over....

IFFFF you stop Holder... IFFFF you stop Haskins...

You know what folks, NOBODY has stopped either player and it's now week 7!!!!

My buddy told one of the Westview coaches as we were walking out the other night that Central beat Dyersburg 22-20. His reply was "Central is very good this year. Haskins is the real deal."

Nobody believed OC would beat Dyersburg. Most didn't believe they would beat Covington. Nobody thought they would hang around with Crockett Co. It doesn't matter what anybody outside the team thinks about them. They believe they can beat anybody and that's rarely been the case at Central. I attribute that to the coaching staff. Coach Jackson is the real deal and I hope and pray that he stays around a long time. As far as the game this week agaisnt Westview, it's gonna be a real battle. Westview is one of the best coached teams around. They came through that gauntlet at the beginning of the season a better team for it. There's no doubt that Patrick Haskins is one of the best players in West Tennessee if not the entire state. Everybody they've played has known he's gonna have the ball and nobody has stopped him yet. Could that change this week? Absolutely. The key is to have the O-line keep blocking like they have all year and Pat usually takes care of the rest. Our defensive coordinator has done a terrific job at making adjustments throughout the game and that's been a big a reason for our success so far. Should be a heckuva contest!