Dyersburgh vs Obion.....thoughts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg has been a team that has really had OC's number....

OC has vastly improved since last year....The change that Jackson made last week really caught Covington off-guard...That change is on tape now...Won't surprise the Trojan coaching staff....Dyersburg is not unbeatable and they are not as good as they have been the last three or four years..OC will have to have a bunch of good things happen to them and a bunch of bad things happen to Dyersburg...OC historically doesn't play real well after they beat a big rival...The Covington and Union City games are two games that are always ones that are circled on the Rebs' calenders..Dyersburg would not be a good team to have a bad game against..

My pick..

Dyersburg -35

Obion Central - 20

Nice change on offense for the Rebels last week, but I think defense was the key in beating Covington as much as the offense was. Haskins is better utilized in the new set up on offense for sure. The defense played much better last week though, and I feel that was the most important factor in the win. IF the Rebels can maintain gap control and force the Trojans to the air, and continue with a strong offensive output, this should be a really competitive game.

I think maybe, 29-27 Rebels in a very physical game.

OC has vastly improved since last year....The change that Jackson made last week really caught Covington off-guard...That change is on tape now...Won't surprise the Trojan coaching staff....Dyersburg is not unbeatable and they are not as good as they have been the last three or four years..OC will have to have a bunch of good things happen to them and a bunch of bad things happen to Dyersburg...OC historically doesn't play real well after they beat a big rival...The Covington and Union City games are two games that are always ones that are circled on the Rebs' calenders..Dyersburg would not be a good team to have a bad game against..

My pick..

Dyersburg -35

Obion Central - 20

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Why would OC be up for Covington more than anyone else? Covington is nobody special. If you think Dyersburg puts up 35 on Obion you are smoking crack! I know you are an expert and all though since your boy plays......basketball. You're a clown.

Westview 20 Dyersburg 7 Are you kidding me? The only team that hasn't beaten Martin is Dyersburg and that School for the Deaf.(they are really great at hand signals)

Your an idiot. Westview is a good team and has made very good strides these last few weeks. They have made key changes on defense and are looking like we all thought they would.

If you think Dyersburg puts up 35 on Obion you are smoking crack!

What would be so remarkable about putting up 35 on Obion? They are improved defensively, for sure, but they haven't exactly shut down anyone. If the field isn't a quagmire on Friday night, I suspect the Trojans will score 35 or more. People seem to have forgotten that Dyersburg had a statistical advantage on Crockett County, which is an excellent team. Dyersburg actually gained 356 yards against Crockett, 296 on the ground and averaged 7.40 per rush. Dyersburg was on the Crockett 2 yard line and was turned back. Offensively, the Trojans had probably their best game of the year. Dyersburg should not be confused with Fulton County or Covington.

My pick..

Dyersburg -35

Obion Central - 20

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Why would OC be up for Covington more than anyone else? Covington is nobody special. If you think Dyersburg puts up 35 on Obion you are smoking crack! I know you are an expert and all though since your boy plays......basketball. You're a clown.

Have you watched Obion Co football in the past 6 years?....OC always comes to play Covington......Since 2004, Covington came into Troy with a #1 ranking twice and walked away with a loss....in 05 and 07 we went down to Covington and played them harder than we played anybody else and lost....The past two years just doesn't really matter because we were flat out terrible.....And this year, the only two wins OC have are against Fulton Co, KY and Cape Central MO(two terrible teams) and Covington comes into Troy a favorite but walks away with a beat down....Don't tell me they don't show up to play Covington.......

I guess this proves how much you really actually know.....I know because I played :thumb: