Maryville at Farragut

FBEmeritus

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after being at the game last night, all I have to say is that Maryville WILL NOT be able to compete with the 7-A boys.... thats right, once they come play with the big boys in 7-A ball they wont roll through their district anymore.

Aww geez :D Anyway congratulations Rebs, I knew that you could do it (even when some of your faithful doubted) :D But I see that it wasn't enough for the "big boys" promoters, I guess you all will have to go and compete at 18A to get some respect-how ridiculous :D Great job, now who's next :bored:

It is unbelievable that Farrygut thinks that they can compete with any team in Blount County (with the exception of HHS and WB). What Farrygut does not understand is that MHS does not need any help from anyone they are just a very well coached team that plays with a lot of heart. Im sorry your Ads dont play in 3A or you might get the beat down that you deserve. Much props to the Rebels for taking care of business!!!!!! :bored::D:D

Shouldn't you be over in the in the AA thread trash talking teams like Stone Memorial and Howard??? You finally beat Maryville for the first time in a decade and now you're on the high horse. Come on now.

Try to understand something, most Alcoa fans are Maryville fans except one week in the season. This year it was week one. Way to go Rebs :D

I have never in my life heard the amount of whining going on by some of the Farragut fans. Even if I thought I had been cheated, I wouldn't get on here and use it as an excuse. Although, I was standing on the track on the Maryville side and did see two high ranking TSSAA administrators standing on the Maryville sidelines in the second half. The block in the back call was huge and it was a call that is going to get called 70% of the time. The FHS player came from behind and he did hit the kid in the side, however, what the official(s) saw that drew the flags was the fact that his helmet was behind the shoulder and not in front, even though the hit was primarily from the side. It happened almost right in front of me and drew 3 flags and the thing that was killing for FHS was he didn't even have to do it, the Maryville kid would have never run down Purdy. FHS has an outstanding ball team, a little suspect on defense, but overall a really good team. If you have to have something or someone to blame, ask yourself the question, How many times did Maryville stop #31? The answer is not very often, even in the second half, the refs did not kill you, the two interceptions killed you. FHS coaches played right into Quarles' hand. I know FHS plays an uptempo type of game, but when you have #31 and the other team can't stop him and you have a 17 point lead, why are you snapping the ball with 18-20 seconds to go on the play clock and throwing the ball two out of every three plays. You have good coaches they will adjust and if they meet Maryville again in the playoffs, I definitely will be there again to watch.

Everybody talking about Maryville not being able to play with the big boys well all you have to do is go look at the schools trophy case and look at all the gold balls in there case. Maryville just didn't win thoughs by mistake. After watching last night team play and being down 24-7 most teams (good ones) just give up. I will say this years Maryville team is not like there teams in the past but I would like to see how many soph, juniors are starting on this team this year. I know they had three soph linemen and that number 2 kid which is a really good looking player for a soph. The way this coaching staff stayed with this team and made adjustments at the half was great to see and that is why Maryville can play with about anybody. They play as a TEAM and play together and that comes from good coaching which makes great teams. They might not have a one man show but they sure do have a TEAM show and thats what it takes to win games plus statechampship. Thats why Maryville has so many gold balls.

P.S. This goes for Aloca to.

I just want know where the no huddle offense of Farragut was.. still blows my mind that they didn't even try it... until the end probably.. I mean. come on coaches.

to who ever said there was like 4 flags thrown on the kickoff return "penalty".. They all seemed to come right after that block.. so theres 3 things that could have happened. 1. The refs are slow at reaching for their flags, 2. they all saw the block "in the back".. or 3. They saw that Farragut was going to score because of the block so they just had to throw it.... I am thinking it is choice 2...

also someone said something about how Farragut didn't score after either play so they should have been able to overcome them... yes, they should have been able to overcome them, but the kickoff would have led to either a TD or a FG(farragut lost by 3 you know).. and the pass was in the middle of the 3rd quarter on a 3rd and 11 from Farragut 20ish.. That was a huge play. To say it wasn't is just idiotic. Would Farragut have scored? Maybe not, but it's all about momentum and that took alot of Farragut's away imo.

Farragut wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Those kids over at Maryville are in big trouble this week. They will be out coached by Farragut and definitely put classed. Quarels is a terrible coach and has run that program down the toilet. Farragut has a such better history and past than Maryvile, especially in recent years. Maryville has been the laughing stock of East Tennessee football the in the past. So I think this one will not be anywhere close to a ball game.

Farragut-45

Maryville-10

Just wanted you to know that this post ended up on some of the Maryville player's refrigerators. Don't underestimate your part in the Maryville win. :thumb:

hahaha :lol: That's just pathetic that the Maryville kids have to use coacht.com for motivation . Thats not a sign of a very well coached football team. Just speaks volumes about this program.

Thoughts and observations.

Maryville's coaches do a great job of keeping their kids playiing, almost ignoring the score when they face a large deficit.

I understand the thought process of some in staying with the run in the second half. But Farragut has a very good quarterback who was 12-13 passing in the first half. They stayed with their normal offense, I can understand that also. Agree, if they have a no huddle, it would make their offense even more effective.

I am a Cowboys fan so I have always liked Farragut's unis.

Farragut has one of the nicest baseball facilities I have seen. It looks like a miniature major league ball park, and no doubt puts several minor leauge parks to shame. I went back to take another look before leaving. Very impressive.

The game lived up to expectations, and was a very entertaining high school game. In addition to the QB I was impressed with Purdy, and having never seen him before was impressed with his speed. I am curious as to who may be recruiting him? Certainly seems to have the size and speed to play at the next level.

Very proud of my team for hanging in and competing when many felt, and some hoped they would fail.

hahaha That's just pathetic that the Maryville kids have to use coacht.com for motivation . Thats not a sign of a very well coached football team. Just speaks volumes about this program. Quote

Crap! Someone has exposed us at last. Yeah, our head coach has lost 11 games since 1999. It is a weakness we are trying to over come. Please! Don't tell anyone. :thumb::lol:

8. I am not saying Maryville cheated at all,

Yes you are. You were basically peeing on the boards foot while saying "it's raining."

That's just pathetic that the Maryville kids have to use coacht.com for motivation . Thats not a sign of a very well coached football team. Just speaks volumes about this program.

We whipped that @+* for you didn't we. Keep doubting the best coaches around.

It won't be close if we meet again. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.