Hampton VS Unaka

dogbreath

Boys let's face it. Hampton fans hear the same thing every year by the Creeker fans. "This year is the year that Unaka beats Hampton" but that has not happened yet and there is no way that they stand the least little chance against Hampton this season. Hampton played great last week and that will carry over to this week. And that is not something that The Creek should be looking forward too.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the waterboy thinks he knows a little football, but lets face it, if Unaka throws it the QB gets killed. If they run it then the running back gets killed. Unaka does not have the line to stand toe to toe with Hampton. I think Hampton can shut Unaka completely out and not even give up 100 yards as far as the varsity goes. As for calling players soft, you're looking a little soft yourself there in the middle waterboy. :ugeek::thumb:

I know the waterboy thinks he knows a little football, but lets face it, if Unaka throws it the QB gets killed. If they run it then the running back gets killed. Unaka does not have the line to stand toe to toe with Hampton. I think Hampton can shut Unaka completely out and not even give up 100 yards as far as the varsity goes. As for calling players soft, you're looking a little soft yourself there in the middle waterboy. :lol::thumb:

I agree and when they break through the line, watch and see if they don't make Unaka cough up a fumble or two. QB better take a dive or throw it away. :ugeek:

Hampton needs to come out and practice like they are playing Alcoa this Friday. They dont need to overlook Unaka like Cloudland did. I think cloudland is a better team than them they just shot themselves in the foot. Unaka should not be able to run the ball on Hamptons defence so I look for them to pass on us, but if we put pressure on them like we did Sullivan East I believe their Qb will turn it over. Hamptons ofence hasnt been stopped by anyone this year and I dont think Unaka will either.

Hampton 40

Unaka 18

Alcoa?

Why Alcoa?

Not saying we couldn't give them a run for their money and get a win.

I understand what you are saying though, but like pujo stated in some other post, if they would play every down like they mean it and get that lazy streak out of them and get some heart for the game it is un-telling how far they could go and not just this year, the next and the next and so on.

Some have this and some are not at that point yet, but they are learning.

I don't think they will be overlooking Unaka, Dogs know this is a serious game: both are 3-0

It's for Hampton & Unaka to decide who comes out in the #1 & #2 spot in there Division.

Correction: Cosby could still be in the running for 2nd?

If the dogs keep there head in the game, because we know what happens if one gets the upper hand in the game and the flags start flying. lol (Rivalry game)

i'll say Unaka - 9 Dogs - 42

Go Dogs!!! woof woof :thumb:

This is absolutely 100% not a shot at Hampton, but if yall, or any other team in our region had to play Alcoa it would be very UGLY!!!!! Hampton has a very good football team, but Alcoa is the best team in the state in any classification. They beat the no. 3 ranked 6-A school by three TD's, so to say that yall would give them a game is rediculous, they would score as many as Rankin would let them, and again the Dogs are by far the best team in our region, and absolutely deserve all the accolades they have been given as far as their state rank and such, but you're talking about a 7th ranked team in the state of TN in class 2-A, and a nationally ranked team in any class in the United States! I know yall have confidence in your boys, which you should, but your're walking a fine line between confidence and crazyness. As for the game this week, I like the Dogs by 28. :thumb:

Hampton needs to come out and practice like they are playing Alcoa this Friday. They dont need to overlook Unaka like Cloudland did. I think cloudland is a better team than them they just shot themselves in the foot. Unaka should not be able to run the ball on Hamptons defence so I look for them to pass on us, but if we put pressure on them like we did Sullivan East I believe their Qb will turn it over. Hamptons ofence hasnt been stopped by anyone this year and I dont think Unaka will either.

Hampton 40

Unaka 18

Alcoa?

Why Alcoa?

Not saying we couldn't give them a run for their money and get a win.

I understand what you are saying though, but like pujo stated in some other post, if they would play every down like they mean it and get that lazy streak out of them and get some heart for the game it is un-telling how far they could go and not just this year, the next and the next and so on.

Some have this and some are not at that point yet, but they are learning.

I don't think they will be overlooking Unaka, Dogs know this is a serious game: both are 3-0

It's for Hampton & Unaka to decide who comes out in the #1 & #2 spot in there Division.

Correction: Cosby could still be in the running for 2nd?

If the dogs keep there head in the game, because we know what happens if one gets the upper hand in the game and the flags start flying. lol (Rivalry game)

i'll say Unaka - 9 Dogs - 42

Go Dogs!!! woof woof :blink:

This is absolutely 100% not a shot at Hampton, but if yall, or any other team in our region had to play Alcoa it would be very UGLY!!!!! Hampton has a very good football team, but Alcoa is the best team in the state in any classification. They beat the no. 3 ranked 6-A school by three TD's, so to say that yall would give them a game is rediculous, they would score as many as Rankin would let them, and again the Dogs are by far the best team in our region, and absolutely deserve all the accolades they have been given as far as their state rank and such, but you're talking about a 7th ranked team in the state of TN in class 2-A, and a nationally ranked team in any class in the United States! I know yall have confidence in your boys, which you should, but your're walking a fine line between confidence and crazyness. As for the game this week, I like the Dogs by 28. :thumb:

That's a good one. Thanks I needed that. :thumb:

I didnt mean we could even come close to giving Alcoa a game, I meant practice like we are playing that high of a caliber team. It would take a complete moron to even think that. :cry: I think thats what it takes to become a complete team is to practice like you want to play.

WHEW! :lol: Didn't know what you might have gotten a hold of there for minute. Good luck this week, I like yall by 28, stay safe! :cry:

Is Unakas speed compairable to hampton? I havent seen the Rangers play.

Unaka is probably the slowest team in the state. Price, Taylor, and Ward are like grease-lightning. There is no reason to show up to this game bulldogs. It's already in the book.

I'm sure you meant that sarcastically, Hampton is not all that fast and I'd say Unaka matches up pretty well. Speed won't be the main issue. Smashmouth football will be the difference.

Is Unakas speed compairable to hampton? I havent seen the Rangers play.

Unaka is probably the slowest team in the state. Price, Taylor, and Ward are like grease-lightning. There is no reason to show up to this game bulldogs. It's already in the book.

I'm sure you meant that sarcastically, Hampton is not all that fast and I'd say Unaka matches up pretty well. Speed won't be the main issue. Smashmouth football will be the difference.

id say the speed match up is pretty close except for the running back Hampton was im not sure his name is, but he can fly hes faster than anyone Unaka has, but i dont think speed will be the main factor its gonna be who wins the battle on the line Hamptons line and running game are tough to stop