Hampton VS Unaka

dogbreath

Bigblue ,everyone knows that Alcoa is a great Highschool team, but they are not as powerful as you seem to think. Alcoa beat Loudon 21 to 0. CAK beat the same team 24 to 0. Its all night to night. Hampton played Alcoa 5 years ago in the 1st round of the playoffs ,they only won 4 games that year and Alcoa beat them 43 to 13. Hampton was in the game the whole 1st half. And yeah ,Alcoa went on to win the state. I'm sure they have superior atheletes and would beat Hampton 10 out 0f 10,but like ole Dogtricks said, they would know who Hampton was. Alcoa is just a highschool team like the rest of us. They may not even win the state in 3a.

To take it a little farther,all Daugbacker was talking about is how you should approach every game, believe it or not ,there are teams in 1a and 2a that would give Alcoa all they wanted. A great team is great regardless of class.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigblue ,everyone knows that Alcoa is a great Highschool team, but they are not as powerful as you seem to think. Alcoa beat Loudon 21 to 0. CAK beat the same team 24 to 0. Its all night to night. Hampton played Alcoa 5 years ago in the 1st round of the playoffs ,they only won 4 games that year and Alcoa beat them 43 to 13. Hampton was in the game the whole 1st half. And yeah ,Alcoa went on to win the state. I'm sure they have superior atheletes and would beat Hampton 10 out 0f 10,but like ole Dogtricks said, they would know who Hampton was. Alcoa is just a highschool team like the rest of us. They may not even win the state in 3a.

To take it a little farther,all Daugbacker was talking about is how you should approach every game, believe it or not ,there are teams in 1a and 2a that would give Alcoa all they wanted. A great team is great regardless of class.

I understand what Dawgbacker is saying, they only beat Loudon by 21-0, but the score wasn't that close, yall have a fine football team and I can't see yall getting beat before the third round of the playoffs this year, but if Alcoa played Loudon now, they would score 40, just like they have on everybody else except Fulton. I agree, in most cases it is night to night, but in this case it would be Jaron Toney ALL NIGHT!! The only reason that Alcoa only scored 21 against Loudon is because that was the week after the Maryville game and I'm sure EVERYBODY in Alcoa still had the "Maryville Hangover." Please don't confuse this post with me bashing Hampton, and me stating facts, I've said repeatedly that yall have a fine team, just not one that could be on the field with Alcoa, and who is going to beat Alcoa in 3-A? They play their best football in the playoffs! :popcorneater:

I understand what Dawgbacker is saying, they only beat Loudon by 21-0, but the score wasn't that close, yall have a fine football team and I can't see yall getting beat before the third round of the playoffs this year, but if Alcoa played Loudon now, they would score 40, just like they have on everybody else except Fulton. I agree, in most cases it is night to night, but in this case it would be Jaron Toney ALL NIGHT!! The only reason that Alcoa only scored 21 against Loudon is because that was the week after the Maryville game and I'm sure EVERYBODY in Alcoa still had the "Maryville Hangover." Please don't confuse this post with me bashing Hampton, and me stating facts, I've said repeatedly that yall have a fine team, just not one that could be on the field with Alcoa, and who is going to beat Alcoa in 3-A? They play their best football in the playoffs! :roll:

I don't take it as bashing Hampton ,but we will never know what the score might be. Glad they are not in our class.But I'd put money that Trousdale would give um a heck of a game. Boyd could hang in there pretty good. Even A 1A SP could get their attention.I'm not taking anything away from Alcoa,but there are some great teams besides them.

There is NOBODY in 1 or 2A that could give Alcoa all they wanted. Alcoa beat Maryville for petes sake.

The only players from Alcoa that would even know they were in a game against yall or any of us in our region would be the jv. They would be tired from running 80yard Tds all night.

I wish yall were as good as you thought you were then a team from our region would win state by 50. Hampton isn't nearly as good as you want them to be. We played awful up there and were still training those 130 pound freshmen D lineman , and you still had to cut block and hold every play to get what you did. Cloudland will give you guys more than what you want , you lost to JC who is mediocre at best yet somewhere deep in th recesses of that baby blu bulldog brain of yours you actually think you could play with THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE regardless of classification. What kind of hippie lettuce do yall have up there?

There is NOBODY in 1 or 2A that could give Alcoa all they wanted. Alcoa beat Maryville for petes sake.

The only players from Alcoa that would even know they were in a game against yall or any of us in our region would be the jv. They would be tired from running 80yard Tds all night.

I wish yall were as good as you thought you were then a team from our region would win state by 50. Hampton isn't nearly as good as you want them to be. We played awful up there and were still training those 130 pound freshmen D lineman , and you still had to cut block and hold every play to get what you did. Cloudland will give you guys more than what you want , you lost to JC who is mediocre at best yet somewhere deep in th recesses of that baby blu bulldog brain of yours you actually think you could play with THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE regardless of classification. What kind of hippie lettuce do yall have up there?

The kind of lettuce it takes to kick that Cosby rear end on a regular basis. and when and if you ever win a playoff game,you may get to see what kind of great teams there are in 1a and 2a. Good teams are good regardless of classifactions.

Hampton needs to come out and practice like they are playing Alcoa this Friday. They dont need to overlook Unaka like Cloudland did. I think cloudland is a better team than them they just shot themselves in the foot. Unaka should not be able to run the ball on Hamptons defence so I look for them to pass on us, but if we put pressure on them like we did Sullivan East I believe their Qb will turn it over. Hamptons ofence hasnt been stopped by anyone this year and I dont think Unaka will either.

Hampton 40

Unaka 18

I agree Hampton needs to practice like they are playing Alcoa this week and every week. Never worry about the opponent ,just be mentally and physically ready to do you're job every play. If Hampton plays to their potential, Unaka won't get 18 on the varsity and I see the mercy rule taking over at some point. Hampton has only given up 21 points with their varsity in any game this season.. They have played better teams than Unaka. I think Mike will have them ready.

I saw the Unaka vs Cloudland game and the Highlanders beat themselves in every way imaginable. The Bulldogs are much more disciplined than Cloudland and I don't think it will be very close either. Hampton 42-15.

The kind of lettuce it takes to kick that Cosby rear end on a regular basis. and when and if you ever win a playoff game,you may get to see what kind of great teams there are in 1a and 2a. Good teams are good regardless of classifactions.

I have seen the better teams in 1 and 2A I've seen them kick yalls rear end several times. Theres no reasoning with you guys.

Look, I know this is a Hampton/Unaka thread, and I have give my prediction, so barring any more psychotic outbursts this will be my final post. Two teams have beaten Maryville in the last 82 games and Alcoa was one of them, they have won 5 STRAIGHT gold balls, they have a roster with a handful of D-1 players and several other 1-AA and D-2 players, they beat the reigning 4-A state champ from Kentucky by about 40, the most points their defense has given up in a game was to Maryville (24), I mean you could go on forever about these guys, thier resume is unworldly!!! They would beat anybody in 1-A or 2-A by 28, and thats the best teams we could throw at them, some of the other playoff teams would get 90 hung on em, ask Gatlinburg-Pittman. No matter what you want to believe Alcoa would score 70 if Rankin wanted to, and like I said triple digits against anybody else in our region. Look at their schedule and look at yalls and tell me who on their schedule yall could beat, much less manhandle. I know you're all Hampton all the time, but use some common sense man, they wouldn't even break a sweat brother. Now are we ever going to know, i doubt it, but i bet Rankin would be willing to stay in state instead of having to travel to Kentucky or North Carolina if Mike would call and ask him for a game, something to think about, we all know you could help make it happen, then maybe you'd shut me and everybody else up about it, sounds like a plan, put em on the schedule in two years, I'm sure they probably won't be as good as they are this year. :roll:

Look, I know this is a Hampton/Unaka thread, and I have give my prediction, so barring any more psychotic outbursts this will be my final post. Two teams have beaten Maryville in the last 82 games and Alcoa was one of them, they have won 5 STRAIGHT gold balls, they have a roster with a handful of D-1 players and several other 1-AA and D-2 players, they beat the reigning 4-A state champ from Kentucky by about 40, the most points their defense has given up in a game was to Maryville (24), I mean you could go on forever about these guys, thier resume is unworldly!!! They would beat anybody in 1-A or 2-A by 28, and thats the best teams we could throw at them, some of the other playoff teams would get 90 hung on em, ask Gatlinburg-Pittman. No matter what you want to believe Alcoa would score 70 if Rankin wanted to, and like I said triple digits against anybody else in our region. Look at their schedule and look at yalls and tell me who on their schedule yall could beat, much less manhandle. I know you're all Hampton all the time, but use some common sense man, they wouldn't even break a sweat brother. Now are we ever going to know, i doubt it, but i bet Rankin would be willing to stay in state instead of having to travel to Kentucky or North Carolina if Mike would call and ask him for a game, something to think about, we all know you could help make it happen, then maybe you'd shut me and everybody else up about it, sounds like a plan, put em on the schedule in two years, I'm sure they probably won't be as good as they are this year. :roll:

I don't reckon anyone has stated that Hampton would beat Alcoa, but you say that Alcoa has won 5 straight titles,they sure have and 5 years ago they played Hampton. The score wasn't 70 to 0 and believe it or not, Hampton give them a good game until the second half. This is also the 1st year that Alcoa has beaten Maryville, did it ever cross you're mind that Maryville might not win it all this year, it has mine. Its not even a given that Alcoa will win it all this year.

Look, I know this is a Hampton/Unaka thread, and I have give my prediction, so barring any more psychotic outbursts this will be my final post. Two teams have beaten Maryville in the last 82 games and Alcoa was one of them, they have won 5 STRAIGHT gold balls, they have a roster with a handful of D-1 players and several other 1-AA and D-2 players, they beat the reigning 4-A state champ from Kentucky by about 40, the most points their defense has given up in a game was to Maryville (24), I mean you could go on forever about these guys, thier resume is unworldly!!! They would beat anybody in 1-A or 2-A by 28, and thats the best teams we could throw at them, some of the other playoff teams would get 90 hung on em, ask Gatlinburg-Pittman. No matter what you want to believe Alcoa would score 70 if Rankin wanted to, and like I said triple digits against anybody else in our region. Look at their schedule and look at yalls and tell me who on their schedule yall could beat, much less manhandle. I know you're all Hampton all the time, but use some common sense man, they wouldn't even break a sweat brother. Now are we ever going to know, i doubt it, but i bet Rankin would be willing to stay in state instead of having to travel to Kentucky or North Carolina if Mike would call and ask him for a game, something to think about, we all know you could help make it happen, then maybe you'd shut me and everybody else up about it, sounds like a plan, put em on the schedule in two years, I'm sure they probably won't be as good as they are this year. :wacko:

I don't reckon anyone has stated that Hampton would beat Alcoa, but you say that Alcoa has won 5 straight titles,they sure have and 5 years ago they played Hampton. The score wasn't 70 to 0 and believe it or not, Hampton give them a good game until the second half. This is also the 1st year that Alcoa has beaten Maryville, did it ever cross you're mind that Maryville might not win it all this year, it has mine. Its not even a given that Alcoa will win it all this year.

You wouldn't even give em a game. And yeah those two things are pretty much a given. Classification does matter. Why else would you have classes? I love my team too, but come on Pujo. Use some common sense. :roflol:

Ok boys and girls, let me throw in my $0.02. I totally understand what the Hampton fan meant when he said they should prepare like they were playing Alcoa. That totally makes sense. Now saying you can hang with them this year doesn't (I guess that just depends on what "hanging" is). If that is the case, then I promise I'll be watching you guys in Cookeville. I saw the M'ville game, and Alcoa probably is the best team in the state, regardless of classification, this year.

Now I've said this many of times..... People always want to get on here and tell us (TC) and Sp to play up. Play the Alcoas, M'villes, Ensworths, etc. etc. My response is always the same....Year in, year out, we couldn't compete with the like of those schools. But every now and then, we can field a team that would give them a game. Not win, but like someone else said, "they'd know we were there". The '97, '98 and '05 TC teams would be examples of our best teams that could give these type schools a good run, again not necessarily win. (Our '97 team finished tied for 4th in the state overall, all classifications, behind Riverdale, Pearl Cohn, and Maryville).

But now, back to this year. We are coming off of a state championship, with most of the starters from last year returning poised for another run. I'd be completely shocked if we could stay within 35 points of this years Alcoa team. They are that good, I promise. Pujo, you say M'ville may not win it all this year, and I can buy that. Wouldn't shock me if they did however. Now I'd be willing to bet the farm that noone will come close to Alcoa in 3A, not this year. But I do appreciate your compliments.