West Carroll at Dresden....Big Game

What does everybody think about this one?...My understanding is that this game is very important for both teams in hopes for the playoffs...I was at the Riverside game last night and noticed that Dresden looked good at times but fumbled everytime they got something going. A couple runs looked like long gains then a fumble. Very sloppy hard fought game though. Dresden is good but cant waste opportunities like they had by fumbles. Wont be able to make it to the West Carroll game but I think West Carroll matches up with Dresden well.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden will win. They will quit turning over the ball. THey will practice better. They will quit making excuses like the weather or refs. They will figure out that if they practice like crap they will play like crap and their coaches will fix the errors and Win the biggest game they have had in three years. Go LIONS!!

Assuming they beat Bruceton, a West Carroll win over Dresden puts them in the show in 1A. Dresden needs to defeat both West Carroll and Gleason to be in a position to get a wild card in 2A. Even if Dresden wins thier final two, circumstances could keep them out of the show. With that being said, it is going to be rather difficult for Dresden to win their final two. I just don't see them beating West Carroll.

Personally i believe that dresden could get this win. They have lost 3 in a row 2 of the 3 were pretty deecent teams. I think their defense will be ready considering that they have faced the same double wing offense the past couple games. If the offense can FINALLY show true potential this will be a slobberknocker. I know for a fact that dresden's o line will dominate their just too good when their consistent. the line has a good combination of size and quickness and strength. #56 is very quick #78 is a beast of a player #73 is dirty along with quickness and some strength #74 has great technique #59 has it all he is very quick off the ball and gets downfield to his blockers. My guess is WC's 4 front will have a horrible time dealing with the monster O line at dresden avg weight: 270 avg height: 6'0 think it over

I would have picked Dresden, but the way they've been playing lately....W. Carroll could win this one. Dresden makes a lot of mistakes...shoots themselves in the feet with turnovers, penalties, etc. If they continue with the mistakes, then W. Carroll will beat them. If Dresden can avoid all the penalties and turnovers, then they will beat W. Carroll.

Should be a good game.

Dresden 21

W. Carroll 16

i will say this i have pbeen impressed with the refs the pass (2) weeks i feel they did a good job. 2 diffrent crews than what has been doing the game they were fair. no last week we could not hold on to a ball if it was duck taped to our hands and interceptions, it seemed like but im sure that problem will be worked out this past week in practice. if dresden comes to play tonight i feel it will be a good home coming for dresden and we will win by 2 touchdowns ond if it is a the team that showd up last week it will be we will win only by 3 point.

What a physical game. Dresden's defense came to play and Dresden pounded away at a very good West Carroll team until they broke down. Dresden didn't turn over the ball like last week and if they keep that up, they have a chance to win. West Carroll is a very talented football team. Dresden can't get a big head with another tough team coming into the Lion's Den in Two weeks. Go Lions!!

Well what a game I was surprised by the West Carol War Eagles had several big boy and a smash mouth running back. Dresden played a whole lot better than they have in the past few weeks I felt their attitude would change this week. I feel like they played with a lot better attitude more excited to play this game. Running the ball and our own smash mouth game very impressed. Now the refs I was surprised the first half I felt it was a good game the second half it went down hill we did have several late hit calls we deserved. Penalties almost killed us. I hope the young men that got hurt are doing fine. Next game (2) weeks. Go Lions

Guru,

You're talking like they played last nite. Did they? I cant find the score on the CoachT scoreboard.

I do not believe this game has been played yet. It is scheduled for tonight. I have found no evidence that this game has been played early. There is nothing on Coach T, it has not been reported to the TSSAA, and I found nothing in local newspapers.

Great game last night for both teams. I was suprised by West Carrol's physical play and i believe dresden was at first as well. The d played great last night, two huge goal line stands and several fourth down's. The offense, well that's another story.

The line for dresden has got to start stepping it up. Last night on the offensive line was a disgrace. What big runs we did break where when the rb's broke at least a tackle or two in the back field. Simply terrible up front.

I'll comend the ref's up until the fourth quarter. To be honest i don't understand why some of the guys do it. I guess for the money. If your not going to make your call then don't step out on the field. Simple as that. The flags were well deserved for the most part (and there was no shortage of them), however when the runner is down at least three seconds in front of the back judge and the ball pops out with a side judge ten yards down the field making the fumble call and your back judge who blew the whistle and didnt even throw his bag not over turn it is simply unaccecptable. I can understand missing a call as the side guy obviously did but that's why there's more than one of you guys out there. You got those strips on for a reason other than throwing the flags. Start making your calls.