West Carroll at Dresden....Big Game

Final 14 to 10 Dresden over West Carroll. Played 10/15/09 (Thursday night). If you need evidence, drive by Rotary Field, can't tell the hog lot from the football field after two weeks of rainy night football.

http://www.wcmt.com/sports.htm

I wonder when this game was switched from tonight to Thursday? The score still has not been reported to and posted on the TSSAA web site. It also has not yet been reported to the local newspaper, tv, or radio stations that cover sports in West Tennessee. Of course, Dresden never does bother to call in box scores to the local media outlets. Thus, I should not be surprised that this game was moved and nobody outside of the West Carroll and Dresden communities knew about it. This is the norm for the officials up at Dresden. It's not very professional.

Anyway, congratulations to Dresden.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be totally mistaken, but I think they played on Thursday because most teams have to play a Thursday night game once this year due to a shortage of officials in West Tennessee.

That very well may be the case here. I can certainly understand the reason for the change. It just would have been professional courtesy to notify people that the schedules they sent out had changed. Calling the box score in for once would not have hurt either. JMO

In case you weren't accustomed to the way dresden is run, calling in the scores is just one of the many things that admin at dresden has trouble with. In my fifteen years or so of being around here it's always been the same way, half way done and done when it's convenient for them

I wonder when this game was switched from tonight to Thursday? The score still has not been reported to and posted on the TSSAA web site. It also has not yet been reported to the local newspaper, tv, or radio stations that cover sports in West Tennessee. Of course, Dresden never does bother to call in box scores to the local media outlets. Thus, I should not be surprised that this game was moved and nobody outside of the West Carroll and Dresden communities knew about it. This is the norm for the officials up at Dresden. It's not very professional.

Not sure about TSSAA. WCMT radio, Weakley County Press and Dresden Enterprise all had media reps there. How much more local can you get?

Final 14 to 10 Dresden over West Carroll. Played 10/15/09 (Thursday night). If you need evidence, drive by Rotary Field, can't tell the hog lot from the football field after two weeks of rainy night football.

http://www.wcmt.com/sports.htm

when mckenzie played dresden there the official were the worst i have seen this year... absolutely horrible.. they didnt have a clue what they were doing.

Not sure about TSSAA. WCMT radio, Weakley County Press and Dresden Enterprise all had media reps there. How much more local can you get?

Nobody from Dresden called in the score to the Jackson Sun. But like I said, that is typical.

Anyway, like I said earlier, congrats to Dresden. You folks are having your best season in years. You should be proud of your team.

Sadly, the majority of the refs come from Carroll County. Just the luck of the draw. The head official was there last night and hopefully he has a new rules meeting and requires eye checks. This game and the Bruceton game had the worst refs ever put on the field. The linesman ignored Dresden receivers when asked if they were on the line. Made this a much closer game than it was. Our officials in Dresden may not be high strung, inform the world folks, but they are professional and outstanding within the community and will bend over backwards to help the kids there succeed. No, I'm not one. lol. Dresden has a small town charm which some people love and I hope it stays that way.

• 2 weeks later...