Franklin Rebels (7-1) @ Independence Eagles (5-2)

huskergymnast33

To: Indy Boss 11 & All of Indy Nation

Let me enlighten you as to the recruiting process. Each year high school coaches are contacted and asked to recommend players they believe can play D-1 football. The colleges than follow-up with letters to the recommended athletes. Eventually the D-1 school via game film will make its own evaluation of the athlete which the high school coach has recommended. As for Coach Eubank's recommendation the proof of his inability to judge what constitutes D-1 talent was quite obvious Friday night. All of the Indy D-lineman lack D-1 quickness - that is the lateral foot speed required to play D-1 football. Against FHS they were physically beaten in the second half because of their lack of physical conditioning and HEART.We all witnessed the total beat down which the FHS defense & offense administered to IHS in the 2nd half of Friday's game. This lead to a defeated INDY NATION fleeing the stands by the end of the 3rd Quarter.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Franklin, they played a good game friday night. But guess i was completely wrong and thought the indy football team had more pride then to get dominated by franklin and embarrassed, players talking all week how their going to win and then to play like that was ridiculous.

And also if the faculty or staff or som1 from indy really painted that fhs stuff on their own feild to try to get them fired up or mad, might just be one of the dumbest/ stupidest thing i have ever heard.

But goodluck to fhs playing bhs that should be one heck of game. And does any1 know how the wildcard works? Yes im a indy fan and still hope theirs a chance they can somhow make the playoffs any1 know?

I don't think that any of the faculty painted the field. Something gives me a feeling that it was a third school that payed both Franklin and Indy a visit.

I highly highly doubt it was any of the faculty, because when it happened, all of the coaches, etc. tried to keep it on the DL. If you asked coach, he wouldn't say anything about it, just, "Don't worry about it and take care of business". Obviously neither of the things worked, but if it was a faculty member, then it didn't make sense, because none of the coaches said a word about it to "pump" the team up or anything along those lines.

Where is Frankly My Dear, Mackbrown, and Indyboss11? We haven"t heard a word from any of you since your Eagles got beat yet again by FHS !

Whether it's Franklin or Brentwood your team simply can't win a BIG GAME ! !

Good luck against LaVergne and Ravenwood I'm certain your " D-1 talent " will show up big time against these two teams .

"We were able to pass the ball, and that loosened them up a lot," Ford said. "They were blowing us off the ball, but we started running to the weak side, making the first defender miss and running hard. The offensive line blocked well."

Quote from Tennessean.

Sounds like the things we mentioned before in order for this team to be successful. Being balanced... they were well balanced on offense and it ended up opening up the running game later in the game when it mattered most. The offensive line being more consistent in pass and run blocking. Defense contained the running attack and passing as well for that matter. Coach Webb had them ready and made great adjustments, but why did Indy get away from the dive.

Great game Rebels!!

"We were able to pass the ball, and that loosened them up a lot," Ford said. "They were blowing us off the ball, but we started running to the weak side, making the first defender miss and running hard. The offensive line blocked well."

Quote from Tennessean.

Sounds like the things we mentioned before in order for this team to be successful. Being balanced... they were well balanced on offense and it ended up opening up the running game later in the game when it mattered most. The offensive line being more consistent in pass and run blocking. Defense contained the running attack and passing as well for that matter. Coach Webb had them ready and made great adjustments, but why did Indy get away from the dive.

Great game Rebels!!

Hahaha, you think passing won that game. You're an ignoramous.

Where is Frankly My Dear, Mackbrown, and Indyboss11? We haven"t heard a word from any of you since your Eagles got beat yet again by FHS !

Whether it's Franklin or Brentwood your team simply can't win a BIG GAME ! !

Good luck against LaVergne and Ravenwood I'm certain your " D-1 talent " will show up big time against these two teams .

[/quo

Don't worry about me I am still here just don't stay on these boards like some others. From what I heard it was a good game. I was at Page/Fairview so can't express to many thoughts. The games that I have seen though I have noticed that Indy's size on the O-Line plays more like 205 pounders without speed than they play like 320. They are just plain and simply not very good upfront. They are good when they are winning or playing inferior teams but when someone hits back they lay down. I think Eubanks has done a great job with what he has

Quote from Tennessean.

Great game Rebels!!

Hahaha, you think passing won that game. You're an ignoramous.

I agree with longhorn (god i hate saying that...i really despise all things burnt orange). Even Ford said to the paper that the pass attack loosened up the run. Reading Bevo's quote i think he or she (who knows lol) said that a balanced attack opened up the running and that the defense contained. Wilco, are you an escapee from the wing-t or maybe even the single wing? lolol Or, is this Johnny Majors?? lolol

As for "ignoramous", I think it is "ignoramus" lol so who is the real ignoramus?? Personal attacks always seem to have a way of coming back to bite you in the a%% lol

You're focusing on the wrong thing here. Are you seriously criticizing my spelling? My comment was based on the fact that Longhorns posted that quote simply because he wanted to "prove" that the passing game is what won that game. I understand his audacity better than most.

A balanced attack did open up the run game, but if you saw the drive that put up the Rebels 14-0, you would agree that the run not only got them down the field but demoralized the Indy defense.

Again, some people need to go reread my post. Its like I said at the beginning of the year this rebels team will be more successful if they are "able" to pass the ball. When I read my post I never saw the phrase "the passing game won the game for the Rebels". I specifically put that quote on there because it would shed light on the fact that they had trouble running the ball early, so they started passing and had success, except for the INT (they got lucky and got the ball right back), that ultimately opened up the run for them later in the second half. It is good to see that people are starting to buy in to this concept. :flower:

Go REBELS!!!!

Again, some people need to go reread my post. Its like I said at the beginning of the year this rebels team will be more successful if they are "able" to pass the ball. When I read my post I never saw the phrase "the passing game won the game for the Rebels". I specifically put that quote on there because it would shed light on the fact that they had trouble running the ball early, so they started passing and had success, except for the INT (they got lucky and got the ball right back), that ultimately opened up the run for them later in the second half. It is good to see that people are starting to buy in to this concept. :flower:

Go REBELS!!!!

So foolish. Did you really just say "got lucky"?!?!?! That's called thd DEFENSE making up for your vaunted QB's interception and crappy play calling down in the red zone. Lucky, what a fool.