Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

Cap,did you guys stop CS or did an injury sideline him. Not running down your victory,but I thought I read that he had a pulled groin and that his stat line was 5carries for 4 yds. before pulling himself. Please correct me if I was misinformed.

I don’t know Crawdad. CS was 5 carries for 7 yards in the first half… you tell me? He didn’t “pull himself” till the second half. And if you were at the game to see for yourself you wouldn’t have had the nerve to make your last post.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap,if you're not already in politics,I want to launch your campaign. You've got to be the best at putting your spin on things. You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense. I'm not sure they would have beaten Central that night between the injuries and flu they were dealing with. This sounds more like your hollow victory over Greeneville minus leading tackler Chaz Story plus 7 gift-wrapped fumbles. :thumb:

Cap,if you're not already in politics,I want to launch your campaign. You've got to be the best at putting your spin on things. You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense. I'm not sure they would have beaten Central that night between the injuries and flu they were dealing with. This sounds more like your hollow victory over Greeneville minus leading tackler Chaz Story plus 7 gift-wrapped fumbles. :thumb:

He is the mayor of TN High football. :wacko:

You seem heck bent on starting a argument so you can rube in your victory over DB. Im pretty sure we have all given Tennessee High their props for winning the game. Don't be so classless and arogent. As you know, your only in this position every 10 years or so.

See… I said nothing about your thumping in the Castle… go back and look. You and your peanut gallery must have a chip on your shoulders. I just stated the pure and simple TRUTH… just like I’ve been saying all along. CS is DB this year!! Look back at my posts… I’ve said that from day one of this season. Hold CS to under 100 yards and your chances of beating DB doubles… it’s a fact. I know it may take you awhile, but go back to the games you lost :roflol: and see for yourself. NO DECENT coach is going to be fooled!! They may not say it, but best believe the main goal is to stop CS and make the REST of the team beat you… no secret there. Now if you want to rebuke that fact… lets talk football. If you want to bring up the fact that you got spanked… then talk to the hand. I knew after seeing DB against South… and now we all know who has the better team between US this year. It’s been proved on paper and on the field. So I’m through with that! :mrgreen:

If I would have said at the beginning of this season that South (the hands down favorite to win the conference this year) and DB (the only team even mentioned as competition for the title) would be in 3rd and 6th place in the Big 8 Conference according to the TSSAA with only three games to play…CoachT might have revoked my posting privileges by reason of insanity. Well… SURPRISE!!!! Boone is a SOLID second place by taking South to OT, and by breaking into the history books by defeating the Big Dog of the N.E. DB in their first ever battle. Crocket is in 4th place ahead of BOTH 6A foes, and is on the verge of it’s first winning season (from what I’ve been told) EVER. And THS is rated the number 1 5A team by the Associated Press for the first time since 1972. What a way to put a new conference in the History books!!!! :?

Evidently (and I’m giving the benefit of the doubt) Crocket is MUCH improved since their visit to the Castle. With that being said… the key to defeating the Indians is in stopping CS. Stopping CS will level the playing field for Crocket… and I would put as many in the box to do it as necessary . He runs tall and strong and if you try to meat him head on or try to tackle him any other way but by putting the ankles together… one of two things are gonna happen. You will either be carried for 5+ yards, or you will find yourself looking out the ear hole of your helmet. Of course making a plan and talking about stopping CS and doing it in the real world are two different things. I say stopping CS is key because the DB coaching staff has (IMO) yet to truly explore the other options on that team…and I’m not talking about Steele. I’m talking about the ones that showed up in the second half of the THS game that none of us knew about. I don’t even know their names… but they were much more effective against us than CS was… kinda like last year and Sylvester. You are not going to be able to force feed a big dose of CS (regardless of how good he is) to these bigger better defenses… not gonna happen!! That rang true in several of the DB defeats including Boone and THS. One more thing… and I know some will try to chastise me for this. PLEASE stop trying to play the “FLU” card like you did with us!!!!! We all have kids that are sick and under the weather during this time. We had several also last week and the week before that, and the week before that…. Heck, before the Greenville game Keenan had to change jerseys right before the game because he got sick during warm-ups. It’s that time of year… pull yourselves together and stop acting like a bunch of little “female dogs”. :roflol:

Cap,did you guys stop CS or did an injury sideline him. Not running down your victory,but I thought I read that he had a pulled groin and that his stat line was 5carries for 4 yds. before pulling himself. Please correct me if I was misinformed.

They stopped CS with an injury that sidelined him.

Yea... and South stopped him with the endzones!!! Sorry comp I couldn't help it. :mrgreen:

I guess he has to crow about it now since he's been eating that crow for the last 4 years. :mrgreen:

And I guess you’re still crowing a bout the last 4 years from all that dirty bird you have left over from the 8 (EIGHT) STRAIGHT years before that served to you on a silver platter by the Vikings… and everyone else for that matter. RebYel, you’ll probably be sitting in your rocking chair 40 years from now, on the porch of some nursing home somewhere, telling your homies in the chess club about the good old days aka “ THE LAST FOUR YEARS” when we beat the Vikings four games in a row, while DODGING DB to become the MYTHICAL supper power of the east!!! You may as well dwell on the last four years while you can… because I believe them days are number. And two Fridays ago those numbers were 48 to a weak 28. Now unless we are going to go ahead and get this party started….you Southerners better call your lil puppy off!!! :roflol:

I guess he has to crow about it now since he's been eating that crow for the last 4 years. :?

And I guess you’re still crowing a bout the last 4 years from all that dirty bird you have left over from the 8 (EIGHT) STRAIGHT years before that served to you on a silver platter by the Vikings… and everyone else for that matter. RebYel, you’ll probably be sitting in your rocking chair 40 years from now, on the porch of some nursing home somewhere, telling your homies in the chess club about the good old days aka “ THE LAST FOUR YEARS” when we beat the Vikings four games in a row, while DODGING DB to become the MYTHICAL supper power of the east!!! You may as well dwell on the last four years while you can… because I believe them days are number. And two Fridays ago those numbers were 48 to a weak 28. Now unless we are going to go ahead and get this party started….you Southerners better call your lil puppy off!!! :roflol:

Somebody is a little touchy. Guess you all know something about mythical championships though. :mrgreen: If I'm sitting around in 40 years talking about high school football, I have big problems. I'll be lying out on the beach somewhere possibly wondering what Cap and Waco are arguing about on Coacht. Nah, too many hot women around me for that. :?

At the risk of defending CAP1 here ( forgive me CoachT ), it really IS that time of year.....injuries in many positions, the flu, looking ahead.....WHO CARES.... Eleven young men on each side of the ball decide who wins every Friday Night regardless of who is in or out of the game...thats why you play the game instead of just saying "Oh well, TEAM A has the conference championship this year".

A few things I know for sure:

TN High "Spanked DB" ( and everybody else so far )

South spanked everyone but DB and the teams left on their schedule.

So hopefully South and TN High will win out until week 10 and we can see who really is the best this year. And everybody else can munch on black feathers from Comps Long Black Train :mrgreen:

Cap,if you're not already in politics,I want to launch your campaign. You've got to be the best at putting your spin on things. You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense. I'm not sure they would have beaten Central that night between the injuries and flu they were dealing with. This sounds more like your hollow victory over Greeneville minus leading tackler Chaz Story plus 7 gift-wrapped fumbles. :roflol:

NEWS FLASH!!!! Tennessee High beats DB AND Greeneville CONVINCINGLY without last years OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (and the horse that LEADS the Viking Ship) Keenan Shepard!!!! With a healthy Keenan… OMG Keenan is our CS… you guys will never understand so I’m not even going to try. dry.gif The only statement you made that wasn’t an excuse was “You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense”… THATS a fact. Your “offense” had a pulled groin muscle and took himself out of the game. Which brings us back to my first statement… STOP CS AND STOP DB! I’m just spinning you around and pointing you in the right direction Crawdad. :mrgreen:

Cap,if you're not already in politics,I want to launch your campaign. You've got to be the best at putting your spin on things. You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense. I'm not sure they would have beaten Central that night between the injuries and flu they were dealing with. This sounds more like your hollow victory over Greeneville minus leading tackler Chaz Story plus 7 gift-wrapped fumbles. :mrgreen:

NEWS FLASH!!!! Tennessee High beats DB AND Greeneville CONVINCINGLY without last years OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (and the horse that LEADS the Viking Ship) Keenan Shepard!!!! With a healthy Keenan… OMG Keenan is our CS… you guys will never understand so I’m not even going to try. dry.gif The only statement you made that wasn’t an excuse was “You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense”… THATS a fact. Your “offense” had a pulled groin muscle and took himself out of the game. Which brings us back to my first statement… STOP CS AND STOP DB! I’m just spinning you around and pointing you in the right direction Crawdad. :thu!mb:

Cmon Cap quit dancin around. We got a big game in 2 weeks. You gonna LET EM SWING or not ?

Cap,if you're not already in politics,I want to launch your campaign. You've got to be the best at putting your spin on things. You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense. I'm not sure they would have beaten Central that night between the injuries and flu they were dealing with. This sounds more like your hollow victory over Greeneville minus leading tackler Chaz Story plus 7 gift-wrapped fumbles. :roflol:

NEWS FLASH!!!! Tennessee High beats DB AND Greeneville CONVINCINGLY without last years OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (and the horse that LEADS the Viking Ship) Keenan Shepard!!!! With a healthy Keenan… OMG Keenan is our CS… you guys will never understand so I’m not even going to try. dry.gif The only statement you made that wasn’t an excuse was “You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense”… THATS a fact. Your “offense” had a pulled groin muscle and took himself out of the game. Which brings us back to my first statement… STOP CS AND STOP DB! I’m just spinning you around and pointing you in the right direction Crawdad. :thu!mb:

Cmon Cap quit dancin around. We got a big game in 2 weeks. You gonna LET EM SWING or not ?

What?? :mrgreen: Big game... who?

Cap,if you're not already in politics,I want to launch your campaign. You've got to be the best at putting your spin on things. You guys beat a Dobyns-Bennett team playing without an offense. I'm not sure they would have beaten Central that night between the injuries and flu they were dealing with. This sounds more like your hollow victory over Greeneville minus leading tackler Chaz Story plus 7 gift-wrapped fumbles. :mrgreen:

Well, he doesn't seem to be worried about Boone.