Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

Well, he doesn't seem to be worried about Boone.

I can’t give an educated answer to that other than to say… I’m going to see them this Friday night. But I have seen South. And I have to say (and I don’t speak for the Viking players or Coaches), I have to admit that I was more concerned with CS and the Watson Blitz Package. Just keepin real. I kept the chains last night to get my convo time with one of the Big dogs from the team and I could barely get him to talk about anything but Central and their QB. There is something different about this team verses others in the past that I have personally seen…. other than we finally beat DB of course. :roflol:

Sorry...in a hurry earlier. Had to get the red pen out after rereading. :mrgreen:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap,did you guys stop CS or did an injury sideline him. Not running down your victory,but I thought I read that he had a pulled groin and that his stat line was 5carries for 4 yds. before pulling himself. Please correct me if I was misinformed.

Crawdad, CS played for the first two quarters and was actually running on the sidelines right before the 3rd quarter but he never went in to play in the second half. If he was injured it wouldn't make sense to sacrifice your best player like that when your down 27-0 at halftime when all indications point to more of the same. When CS got the ball, the Vikings stopped him. In the quarters that he played, there was no indication whatsover that the Vikings were having trouble stopping him.

It's either stupidity or bad luck. Either Clark is relying on Sensabaugh as much as Stubbs relied on Shepard or Sensabaugh is injury prone. It seems like everytime we see CS he gets injured. He's a great player though and hopefully he can recover to have a great senior year.

Tennessee High has had to battle the flu just like everyone else. They put the uniform on; in Shepard's case a different shirt and play the game. If they dress out the coaching staff expects them to play just as hard whether there sick or not.

Keenan Shepard went limping to the sidelines after the second play of the game. He came back later and had one or two carries and then was out the rest of the game. So the Vikings didn't have the starting rb either. After the Vikings threw the interception in the second half they started playing ultra conservative like they just wanted to come out with a victory.

Not trying to come off as insulting, but it appears as if some South fans are desperately trying to justify why TN High defeated DB while South was unable to do so. Maybe some haven't seen TN High since that meaningless jamboree, where Shepard didn't even play and Tallman wasn't even lined up as a FB. I saw DB play against South and knew that they would lose the next week. I truly believed that the Vikings had the better team this year.

As for this game like I predicted earlier, I think DB will win this game and then win out the rest of the regular season. If they lose to the Hill, they're done...but I don't think losing to the Hill is an option for Dobyns-Bennett whether they have the flu, the measles, or the chicken pox.

I just don't understand. Here is Tennessee High after beating DB for the first time in 10 years and then getting the #1 ranking in Tennessee 5A and all they can talk about is DB. Tennessee High, undefeated, DB with only two wins on the season. You guys need to start a thread. Are you in shock?

:popcorneater:

I just don't understand. Here is Tennessee High after beating DB for the first time in 10 years and then getting the #1 ranking in Tennessee 5A and all they can talk about is DB. Tennessee High, undefeated, DB with only two wins on the season. You guys need to start a thread. Are you in shock?

:popcorneater:

Meant no disrespect to DB. I just believe that a few people are trying explain away the defeat. Blame the defeat on everything besides the fact that the Vikings have a decent team. Deserving of the #1 ranking? I'm not so sure about that. I know your not one of them though. You and a majority of DB fans congratulated the Vikings on the victory. But from my perspective, I've heard excuses after every single win besides the David Crockett and Volunteer games as to why they lost. Science Hill lost because they had some players out due to injury or sickness; Greeneville lost because when they were hit they would fumble the ball or their own refs turned on them. I don't know maybe that's what all fans do for their team when they lose. I try to hold out, but when the bait is in the water that long, I have to bite.

As it pertains to the other 5A teams, there's Clinton and Knox Catholic to worry about. Clinton is good from what I saw of them but in my opinion I would give the edge Catholic because of how they played against Farragut and Maryville. I think Tennessee High can beat Boone and South, but who is to say that one of those teams may not return the favor in the playoffs?

THSV,matchups will be the key come playoff time.Catholic would probably be a hard machup for TH because they will have the beef to match your way of playing.If South gets clicking with that passing game,they could be hard to stop for many teams.A Boone fan asked me about TH and I simply said that I don't know if they are as good as our first half or we were as sick as the first half looked.Time will tell on all that.Right now,I look forward to seeing David Crockett play a game for the first time in over thirty years.Until the fat lady sings,I'll keep a positive outlook on this DB team.It's ironic that early on ,a lot of fans were saying that with everything going bad;If we can just win one game,let it be South.That dang near happened with our schedule and luck this year.It's time to finish strong,and do our best to win out and buy some more time for this year and the future of DB football.

What happen to the dc vs db thread guys well this is what thread i thought this was anyway.................SUmo n Sensabaugh will be a clash of titians. I believe both runners go over 100 yrads rushing......WHo ever can slow down the run will win this game....DB having more depth is a factor because the starter for Dc will have to be tried before the game will get out of control....DB 24 DC 14

I don't think Sensabaugh will be playing Friday night. And DB probably has more playing both ways than does Crockett. I just hope its dry come game time.

I don't believe db will have more going both ways. Most of the starters for dc go both ways. City school county school. We all know db has about 25 more kids out.

What happen to the dc vs db thread guys well this is what thread i thought this was anyway.................SUmo n Sensabaugh will be a clash of titians. I believe both runners go over 100 yrads rushing......WHo ever can slow down the run will win this game....DB having more depth is a factor because the starter for Dc will have to be tried before the game will get out of control....DB 24 DC 14

I don't think Sensabaugh will be playing Friday night. And DB probably has more playing both ways than does Crockett. I just hope its dry come game time.

I don't believe db will have more going both ways. Most of the starters for dc go both ways. City school county school. We all know db has about 25 more kids out.

We had so many two years ago,that a lot of people thought DB should have had a cut like baseball.That's worked it's self out and we have about half as many playing this year.I know a lot of players tried to get more to come out.You go with the eleven that you have and just do the best you can.We say it every week,but our visitor seats are the worst in the Big 8,so come early to get a good one around the thirty.

6:30pm early enough? :roflol:

Our visitor stands just go to the 37 one way,6:30 will be plenty early for this week.If it were South coming in,I'd be in line before 6:00 when the gates open.If I were a visitor,I'd get in line right behind the baseball grandstands and get one of the home seats that have not been picked up,that window opens at 6:00 I think.I wouldn't sit in those crappy visitor seats we offer. :roflol: When that starts to happen,I bet you we will see some seats being built across the way,baseball field or not.

Our visitor stands just go to the 37 one way,6:30 will be plenty early for this week.If it were South coming in,I'd be in line before 6:00 when the gates open.If I were a visitor,I'd get in line right behind the baseball grandstands and get one of the home seats that have not been picked up,that window opens at 6:00 I think.I wouldn't sit in those crappy visitor seats we offer. :roflol: When that starts to happen,I bet you we will see some seats being built across the way,baseball field or not.

Thank you for the information. This will be my first trip to D-B for a football game. I was very unimpressed with Science Hill's stadium so I'm sure D-B couldn't be worse.

Thank you for the information. This will be my first trip to D-B for a football game. I was very unimpressed with Science Hill's stadium so I'm sure D-B couldn't be worse.

J fred is great,but the visitor seats stink since the fake turf went in