York vs LA

YAI1979

News update about LA field. Its absolutely disgusting. It's gonna be a mud bog and the Ex-Pro's son and his squad might have a little trouble going to the air against a team who has already proven themselves to be an effective pass defense team such as evident when they held Mr. Football to 0 passing TD's and Only 180 yards. This one will be ground out on the game and with Yorks big strong running game, it looks like more of the favor might go their way.
YAI i'm trying to figure out where you got the idea Livingston was a passing team. Id say York throws it as much as Livingston does. Looks like Mr. Football 180 yards were enough since they beat York anyway.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News update about LA field. Its absolutely disgusting. It's gonna be a mud bog and the Ex-Pro's son and his squad might have a little trouble going to the air against a team who has already proven themselves to be an effective pass defense team such as evident when they held Mr. Football to 0 passing TD's and Only 180 yards. This one will be ground out on the game and with Yorks big strong running game, it looks like more of the favor might go their way.
YAI i'm trying to figure out where you got the idea Livingston was a passing team. Id say York throws it as much as Livingston does. Looks like Mr. Football 180 yards were enough since they beat York anyway.

4 times a game for york, compared to the 10 or more for Livingston, yeah, I'd say thats pretty even too. And as for Dekalb, hard fought game, and York came up short on drives and Dekalb put it in when they should have. Just saying, if it comes down to running the ball, Livingston is hurting.

4 times a game for york, compared to the 10 or more for Livingston, yeah, I'd say thats pretty even too. And as for Dekalb, hard fought game, and York came up short on drives and Dekalb put it in when they should have. Just saying, if it comes down to running the ball, Livingston is hurting.

From the looks of your sceen name I guess you remember our 'ex pro' pretty well since you all are probably about the same age. Didn't he throw like 6 TD's against you guys back then. I guess I would be a little bitter too. That would be hard to forget about. Anyway, 10 times a game is hardly what I would call a passing game. And if York only throws it an 'average' of 4 times a game then there coach should be fired today. That's just stupid!!! GO HOGEYE! I can't stand these purple pansies!

:thumb:

I watched a winless LA team beat an unbeaten York team at LA a few years ago, LA's only win of the year, so I hope the Dragons are ready. When you have a QB like Reynolds and Tyrel Asberry to throw to (95 yard TD pass last week and plenty more like that this season) I guess 4 throws is enough. As for Dekalb Co. York was at the 17, 3rd and 4 and they had run the ball right down the field. But instead of running it once or twice (going for it on 4th down) the coach switched to a pass and the game was over. It could have just as easily been a York win. DeKalb Co. deserved the win though since they came through when they had to. If York doesn't get caught up in the rivalry, it'll be a big York win.

I watched a winless LA team beat an unbeaten York team at LA a few years ago, LA's only win of the year, so I hope the Dragons are ready. When you have a QB like Reynolds and Tyrel Asberry to throw to (95 yard TD pass last week and plenty more like that this season) I guess 4 throws is enough. As for Dekalb Co. York was at the 17, 3rd and 4 and they had run the ball right down the field. But instead of running it once or twice (going for it on 4th down) the coach switched to a pass and the game was over. It could have just as easily been a York win. DeKalb Co. deserved the win though since they came through when they had to. If York doesn't get caught up in the rivalry, it'll be a big York win.

I remember that game. I was in Jamestown a few weeks before the game and some of the York fans were talking about how bad they were going to beat LA. I thought that was pretty bold considering that they probably hadn't beaten LA but maybe once or twice in the fifteen years prior to that. Then LA beat them. I thought it was hilarious. Just goes to show you that York's best is almost as good as LA's worst!! :popcorneater::motorbike:

I remember that game. I was in Jamestown a few weeks before the game and some of the York fans were talking about how bad they were going to beat LA. I thought that was pretty bold considering that they probably hadn't beaten LA but maybe once or twice in the fifteen years prior to that. Then LA beat them. I thought it was hilarious. Just goes to show you that York's best is almost as good as LA's worst!! :popcorneater::motorbike:

Good post Hound dog!! :motorbike: I bet there expecting the same this year. I hope we can pull out the W...its going to take our best effort!

GO HOG-EYE!

Good post Hound dog!! :motorbike: I bet there expecting the same this year. I hope we can pull out the W...its going to take our best effort!

GO HOG-EYE!

I think we can. I really can't stand giving York the satisfaction of a win for a whole year.

Go LA! I think this will be a close one. Here's an idea for Dragon fans....... If....IF you get the win, write the score on hundreds of pieces of paper and bring them to the LA/York basketball game......and hold them over your heads until you get way behind! That way you'll have something to be proud of at the basketball game too. :thumb:

Go LA! I think this will be a close one. Here's an idea for Dragon fans....... If....IF you get the win, write the score on hundreds of pieces of paper and bring them to the LA/York basketball game......and hold them over your heads until you get way behind! That way you'll have something to be proud of at the basketball game too. :shock:

:thumb: Would you expect anything else? Bunch of backward people. So backward, they think that football goes on until March! Good luck to the Wildcats, and number eight.

Hound, I bet you've had a rough past couple years then huh? Just come to the game, watch your Pigs roll around in the mud, and go home and wait to try and win again next year. All the hog-eye nation has been asking for this game since last year. Better believe your neighbors will show up to give you what you want. Best bring your wet naps, this one could get a little messy. See ya'll at the game. :thumb: