York vs LA

YAI1979

Go LA! I think this will be a close one. Here's an idea for Dragon fans....... If....IF you get the win, write the score on hundreds of pieces of paper and bring them to the LA/York basketball game......and hold them over your heads until you get way behind! That way you'll have something to be proud of at the basketball game too. :oops:

:blush: Would you expect anything else? Bunch of backward people. So backward, they think that football goes on until March! Good luck to the Wildcats, and number eight.

Backward is an understatement... It wouldn't surprise me even a little bit if we go to a game someday and they have changed their fight song to dueling banjos!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Livingston can match York when it comes to being physcal. The wet feild will play a major role. If Livingston can win the turn over battle they might keep it close. I'd like to see Livingston try some kind of a trick play at some time during the game. Just lineing up head to head York wins this game I beleive.

Hound, I bet you've had a rough past couple years then huh? Just come to the game, watch your Pigs roll around in the mud, and go home and wait to try and win again next year. All the hog-eye nation has been asking for this game since last year. Better believe your neighbors will show up to give you what you want. Best bring your wet naps, this one could get a little messy. See ya'll at the game. :thumb:

You didn't answer the question about our 'ex pro' lighting you guys up back in your day... Some wounds never heal I guess.

I notice all the nasty comments come from Livingston fans. As for "backwards" In 1989 York Institute was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence In 1992 it was one of 140 public secondary schools recognized by Redbook magazine as "America's Best Schools." It was a recipient of a Tennessee Department of Education 2006 Best Practices in Character Education Merit Award. Clarkrange was included in "schoolsmatter.com Best Schools 2009" national survey. As for that one point loss, since then York hasn't just beaten LA, they have pounded them every year AND gone to the state playoffs every year, while LA has had big one win seasons. I give credit to LA for finally getting a few wins again, but comparing scores of teams both have played, it could appear like another York blowout. But with that horrendous field and with the rivalry, I think it will be close. One more point...while LA will still have that crumbling old cement brick stadium next season, York will be enjoying their new half million dollar stadium.

I notice all the nasty comments come from Livingston fans. As for "backwards" In 1989 York Institute was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence In 1992 it was one of 140 public secondary schools recognized by Redbook magazine as "America's Best Schools." It was a recipient of a Tennessee Department of Education 2006 Best Practices in Character Education Merit Award. Clarkrange was included in "schoolsmatter.com Best Schools 2009" national survey. As for that one point loss, since then York hasn't just beaten LA, they have pounded them every year AND gone to the state playoffs every year, while LA has had big one win seasons. I give credit to LA for finally getting a few wins again, but comparing scores of teams both have played, it could appear like another York blowout. But with that horrendous field and with the rivalry, I think it will be close. One more point...while LA will still have that crumbling old cement brick stadium next season, York will be enjoying their new half million dollar stadium.

And who will be paying for their half million dollar stadium? dry.gif

WOW I am impressed...........

Back to the game it is going to be The Mud Bowl. Last week was bad and it has rained evey day (I think) this week. Good luck to both teams ( man thats hard to say) and GO HOG-EYE or little pigglets as some might say :thumb: Be careful coming off the hill Lizard fans.

York won big in 07, no disputing that..28-21 last year..wouldn't call that a pounding. You would know about poundings tho as LA has given many to the dragons over the last 20 years. Good luck with the new stadium! Hope you put bleachers on the other side of the field...as most folks are tired of sitting on the same side as you! :thumb:

GO LA!

And who will be paying for their half million dollar stadium? dry.gif

It don't matter..They can't buy a gold ball!

:rolleyes::roflol::shock:

Hound, I bet you've had a rough past couple years then huh? Just come to the game, watch your Pigs roll around in the mud, and go home and wait to try and win again next year. All the hog-eye nation has been asking for this game since last year. Better believe your neighbors will show up to give you what you want. Best bring your wet naps, this one could get a little messy. See ya'll at the game. :rolleyes:

You didn't answer the question about our 'ex pro' lighting you guys up back in your day... Some wounds never heal I guess.

Because i didn't play "back in the day". And, what else would you expect a Pro-caliber player to do? But, all there is to say is it's a new year, new players. Let's not dwell on the past eh? Unless that's the only thing you can hold onto. Those years and Wilson Cates is all I can remember from any Livingston team. Sorry mate.

York won big in 07, no disputing that..28-21 last year..wouldn't call that a pounding. You would know about poundings tho as LA has given many to the dragons over the last 20 years. Good luck with the new stadium! Hope you put bleachers on the other side of the field...as most folks are tired of sitting on the same side as you! :rolleyes:

GO LA!

As of the stadium, it will be like what they have now because there are no places to put bleachers on the other side as I'm sure you know. They will be new but they are going to be like the one's they already have. New field house, better field, new field goal posts, new score board.Coach Dickie Brown is doing all he can to get this York campus back into the shape that reflects it's team now-a-days.

York won big in 07, no disputing that..28-21 last year..wouldn't call that a pounding. You would know about poundings tho as LA has given many to the dragons over the last 20 years. Good luck with the new stadium! Hope you put bleachers on the other side of the field...as most folks are tired of sitting on the same side as you! :rolleyes:

GO LA!

As of the stadium, it will be like what they have now because there are no places to put bleachers on the other side as I'm sure you know. They will be new but they are going to be like the one's they already have. New field house, better field, new field goal posts, new score board.Coach Dickie Brown is doing all he can to get this York campus back into the shape that reflects it's team now-a-days.

Hey while while ol Dickie is out politicin why dont you see if he can do something about the fire breathing dragon in the endzone she needs some work and maybe some sound effects. :roflol: