Marion County @ Whitwell

Bill#49

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another tough one.....

After actually getting to see the game with sequatchied & whitwell.... and not just the points at the end.... I thought Whitwell held up to Sequatchie really well until 4th quarter (then they were just out of juice).... I think we can keep this a really close game... and if we play right and keep down the turnovers we can win it..... Hopefully it wont be another mud bath and the players can hang on the ball and run.

Old Pirate says 1 team is better this year and the other is not as good as their 08 team. The Tigers have shown signs of improvement with the new coach but the warriors are still much better than the Tigers. Jasper ifin they can close ranks and become a cohesive unit will take this one while fine tuning for a big meeting with the Bucs.

Questions about the Tigers still ring loud. 1. Can the Tigers git untracked on offense while holding the potentially potent warrior offense in check? 2. How will the Tigers finish the year ifin they take their 3rd straight loss?

Questions about the Warriors still ring loud. 1. With internal discontent... can the warriors rally to make a final run? 2. Will the warriors find consistancy with their offense?

Marion and Whitwell both have big ole boys that can knock a hole to run through and those Marion boys have more speed. I was reading in my Murphy book about Marion and I am still mad about that Whitwell coach not giving his information to Murphy to put in my book. Those Marion boys will be able to knock some holes to run through this week and they will beat those big ole boys at Whitwell. Let me ask you a question. Whitwell played at home last week so what does the field look like this week? If the field is messed up it could help the Whitwell boys. I hope you dont think its a joke because its not. A field can mess you up. I think the Marion boys will knock alot of holes and win the game against those big slow boys from Whitwell.

Time to talk now and see who backs up their words with action on Friday!!

:cry: Tigers avoid the upset and get back on track with a win this week.

What are you smoking? Whitwell avoids the upset? You have to be favored to avoid an upset. Whitwell has done much better this year than in years past and I think this coach is the best one of the past 3 or 4 that they've had.. If the fine folks at Whitwell will give him a chance he can bring success to the school at some point in the future... however, this aint far enough in the future... Warriors roll in this one... Even though the Whitwell coaches were sitting on Grace's side of the field Saturday...

Whitwell has some big, mean and nasty boys up front and their line coach is doing a great job with them. I don't know how those boys in purple will react after the first few snaps. All I know is they better buckle up tight and get ready to play 4 tough quarters of football. When the Warriors travel North to Tiger Stadium it has been a hard fought game since 2001.

WHS 0 @ Marion County 58

@ WHS 14 Marion County 28

WHS 7 @ Marion County 27

@ WHS 7 Marion County 13

WHS 13 @ Marion County 41

@ WHS 24 Marion County 13

WHS 29 @ Marion County 46

@ WHS 6 Marion County 14

Bill, Old Pirate predicts....... Hum lets sees here now. TTP says SP is 38 points better than Jasper (TTP quote, SP will beat Grace 85-0) which is 38 more than Jasper and

SP beat Whitwell 63-7

SP better than Jasper -38

Jasper better than Whitwell= 28

Jasper will play starters longer= 14

Jasper beats Whitwell 42-7

Purt near sure the Warriors will skin some Tigers come FryDay nite

Sorry Tiger folkes still gots work to do.