Check it out!!!!! If the 3A playoffs were to start today.

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omahavol said he rather have a real champ not a paper champ. if the weaker teams are truly weaker they will be beaten and the cream will rise to the top and the same strong will still be champ the real. Are you afraid a team with weaker record but a tougher schedule might sneak in and beat an 8-2 or 9-1 teamthat played no one and didnt deserve to be champ

Indian guys,

So, you're telling me you would rather have 6 watered-down public school champs instead of a well-earned 3 state champs? I'm not worried about a 6-4 team (with a tougher regular season schedule) knocking off a 9-1 team (with a weaker schedule.) I am worried about 1-9 and 2-8 teams being giving the privilege of playing in a playoff system. When you have 6 classes and not enough schools this is what happens. We need to go back to 3 classes. I would even be okay with 4 classes, but no more than that. Tennessee just doesn't have enough schools for 6 classes.

If you had the 3 class system, you'd have to go back to 16 districts and only 2 from a district could make it. There would be no way to have 64 teams make it in each class. Look at the #3 teams in each district this year (I don't mean 1A, 2A, etc, I mean A, AA and AAA districts), do you think those teams really deserve to miss the playoffs?

If you had the 3 class system, you'd have to go back to 16 districts and only 2 from a district could make it. There would be no way to have 64 teams make it in each class. Look at the #3 teams in each district this year (I don't mean 1A, 2A, etc, I mean A, AA and AAA districts), do you think those teams really deserve to miss the playoffs?

I never said anything about 64 teams advancing to the playoffs. You could get away with 48 and let the district champs get a bye. They do it successfully in other states. 64 teams would indeed be too many for 3 classes. I think 48 would be just about right. Or the top two in each district with 4 classes would be feasible.

to make it it in and qualify for playoffs you have to finish better than half the teams in your group that should eliminate the 1-9 teams but may let a good team that had polk Co , South Pitt , Red Bank , and and still finished 5-5 to me that is the bare you have to have to at least .500 .

If there are two teams in your football district (6A, 5A, 4A, etc.), then winning one game makes you better than half the teams. 1-9 in the playoffs is possible.

to make it it in and qualify for playoffs you have to finish better than half the teams in your group that should eliminate the 1-9 teams but may let a good team that had polk Co , South Pitt , Red Bank , and and still finished 5-5 to me that is the bare you have to have to at least .500 .

If there are two teams in your football district (6A, 5A, 4A, etc.), then winning one game makes you better than half the teams. 1-9 in the playoffs is possible.

the key word in my post was group not district in the case of 6a if tyner wins district howard has to be in the upper half of the group which all of 3a because division IIa is devided into two groups 3a and 4a just to qualify so 1 -9 want cut it some districts dont even have automatis qualifiers like 4a dicstrict 4 & 5 in 3A several disstricts with less than three schools have only one districts 6,9,10,13,15, & 16 for a the second place team in those district to qualify they have to have better overall record than half the group division IIa group 3a

the key word in my post was group not district in the case of 6a if tyner wins district howard has to be in the upper half of the group which all of 3a because division IIa is devided into two groups 3a and 4a just to qualify so 1 -9 want cut it some districts dont even have automatis qualifiers like 4a dicstrict 4 & 5 in 3A several disstricts with less than three schools have only one districts 6,9,10,13,15, & 16 for a the second place team in those district to qualify they have to have better overall record than half the group division IIa group 3a

Ok, lets talk TSSAA terminology.

Division: I, II

Class: A, AA, AAA

(Each class will have 16 districts)

(Each class will be divided into two subdivisions/FB classes)

Subdivision/FB class: 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A

If Tyner wins District 6-AA, which is composed of Tyner (3A), Howard(3A), Hixson (4A), Brainard (4A), Chatt. Central (4A), East Hamilton (4A), East Ridge (4A), and Red Bank (4A), then Howard can become playoff eligible in the following ways:

• Howard beats Tyner, which would put them in the top half of their subdivision/FB class: District 6, subdivision/FB class 3A. This is possible if Tyner wins the district as the only one loss team. Howard can be 1-9 in this situation with their win being against Tyner.

• Howard comes in second place in District 6-AA.

• Howard is selected as a wildcard after the playoff eligible teams have been determined for subdivision/FB class 3A.

I think we may be saying the same thing, but I don't follow your terminology. The terminology that I used in this message is the same terminology that TSSAA uses.