Check it out!!!!! If the 3A playoffs were to start today.

Gerry Bertier

From what I am hearing and seeing, it looks as if these projections will be pretty close. While upsets may happen and there are two games left, we can pretty well start picking at least the teams that will qualify.

With us(Loudon), Alcoa, CAK, Polk, McMinn Central, Austin East or GP, maybe York and Kingston. Quad 2 will have like 6-7 teams that are and could be rated in the top 15 teams in AAA. (OUCH)

If the playoffs unfold this way, QUAD 2 looks like it will be a powerhouse bracket, while the others look considerably weaker.

The one thing I really don't like is how the seeding works, a 5-5 team shouldn't be seeded ahead of a 6-4, 7-3 or 8-2 team.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be giving updates on Quad 3. With only 2 weeks of football left the playoff picture should become more clear. Smith losing to cannon drops them to the 3 seed in the quad and moves them to the bottom half of the bracket. Tyner helped there chances of hosting a playoff game with the win over Central. A Seq Co. loss and Tyner beating brainerd will give them 4 seed and Seq will be 5. However, if Seq wins out and Tyner still beats brainerd Tyner wouldnt host, but would jump Cannon as the 5th seed. A Tyner loss to branierd will keep them where they are at now traveling to Smith. Also, Cannon is tied with the district title at the moment, but a 3 way tie with Smith and Dekalb would put Cannon In 3rd place. However, A Smith loss to York will put Cannon 2nd and Smith 3rd. That would place Cannon in a possible hosting Spot depending a Tyner loss to Branierd. Smith then would drop to upper half seeding spot. Still a lot of football left to play.

1.Bledsoe Co.-7-1-#1D-88th

2.Goodpasture-6-2-#1D-84th

3.Smith Co.-7-2-#1D-99th

4.Seq Co.-5-3-#2D-52nd

5.Cannon Co.5-4-#2D-31st ( They are actually tied for 1st but a 3 way tie would put cannon 3rd in district because of overall record. Then they would be considerd upper half.)

6.Tyner-4-4-#2D-18th ( they are currently tied for 2nd in district they need to win out to have a better seeding chance. Hoping to win out and a Seq. Co loss that would put them 4th.)

7.Pearl Cohn-4-4-Upper Half-53rd ( i have Pearl Cohn finishing in the upper half in there district,losing to David lipscomb)

8.East Lit-5-3-wild card-101st ( I have East lit losing one of the next two games, maybe both but getting in as a wild card)

Still a lot of football left, next week will make the playoff picture more clear.

Will be Camden/Milan vs Alcoa in the championship regardless how the rest of it all pans out!

I'm not sure I'd leave out Goodpasture out? AND, do we really believe Manassas don't have a chance? :thumb: But, I agree Camden/Milan would be my favorites.

Nobody believes Manassas has a chance - except Manassas. HUGE and ATHLETIC O line - Very fast defense, and 4 guys on the offensive side of the ball that are 4.5 ish.

This senior class is 23-6 over the last 3 years and as freshman - 11 started as freshman - remeber playing Milan, Ripley, Haywood, ect. They aren't imtimidated and after the Mckenzie loss in the playoffs last year, feel like they have something to prove. Ask the MCkenzie folk if Manassas can play - Oh yeah, 17 starters returned this year from that team.

This ain't what folks think out there and these kids look to prove it.

Oh come on this stuff is easy. I think I should take Murphy Fair's place as the "Guru". Really simple exciting process.

Simple, yes. Exciting, no. The Tennessee playoffs are so watered down that it is embarrassing on a national level. Tennessee needs to go back to a three class system. The playoffs were much more competitive. When the AAA playoffs took place back in the 80s and early 90s it was a gauntlet and it looked good and competitive compared to other top states. I feel as if we've taken a step back with this ridiculous system we have now. Let's face it, to have a system like we have now Tennessee needs to have at least 200-300 more teams statewide. We only have around 350 teams. States with larger populations and more schools can get away with a system like this, but we can't. I just can't stand to see teams with losing records in a playoff. If we went back to AAA/AA/A we wouldn't have that problem. Just my humble opinion.

Oh come on this stuff is easy. I think I should take Murphy Fair's place as the "Guru". Really simple exciting process.

Simple, yes. Exciting, no. The Tennessee playoffs are so watered down that it is embarrassing on a national level. Tennessee needs to go back to a three class system. The playoffs were much more competitive. When the AAA playoffs took place back in the 80s and early 90s it was a gauntlet and it looked good and competitive compared to other top states. I feel as if we've taken a step back with this ridiculous system we have now. Let's face it, to have a system like we have now Tennessee needs to have at least 200-300 more teams statewide. We only have around 350 teams. States with larger populations and more schools can get away with a system like this, but we can't. I just can't stand to see teams with losing records in a playoff. If we went back to AAA/AA/A we wouldn't have that problem. Just my humble opinion.

I agree that teams with losing records should not be in the playoffs. But I also remember the days when only 1 team from each district got in, that stunk as well. I really don't mind having the 6 divisions and the 6 championships (8 including DII), it doesn't make those kids or schools any less excited or proud when they win IMO. Of course Alcoa & Maryville may be getting tired of it, but they still play each other every year. However; I would like to see more interstate games being played. We're borded by 8 states! Some of that takes place already, but not enough in my opinion. It would be cool if each team played at least 1 game a year against a team from another state. Just my thoughts. :wacko:

Obviously your have no understanding of money!!!!!this system is all about money, more games equals more gates.....more opportunity for an unknown to win it all creating a "Hoosier's" style ending. Which in the ending means more...MONEY...o

Actually, sir, I completely understand what the T$$AA is doing. So, I do have an understanding of money!!!!! I'm just not a sellout like you obviously are!!!!!! I would rather have a real champion, instead of some paper champ.

I agree that teams with losing records should not be in the playoffs. But I also remember the days when only 1 team from each district got in, that stunk as well. I really don't mind having the 6 divisions and the 6 championships (8 including DII), it doesn't make those kids or schools any less excited or proud when they win IMO. Of course Alcoa & Maryville may be getting tired of it, but they still play each other every year. However; I would like to see more interstate games being played. We're borded by 8 states! Some of that takes place already, but not enough in my opinion. It would be cool if each team played at least 1 game a year against a team from another state. Just my thoughts. :wacko:

I agree. I have been preaching for some of our top public schools to play some top out-of-state teams for a while now. Our private schools have been doing it, and doing it well, for years.