District 10AA - Who's on Top?

doctorno

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how the coaches in 10-AA justify keeping CPA's Merideth Roman off of either of the All District Team or the All Tournament Team? Merideth was third in the disctrict in points scored and led the district in 3 point shots made. She led all scorers in the CPA-Hume Fogg nail biter game last week and was possibly the leading scorer in the CPA - East Lit championship game tonight. Were the 10-AA coaches even at any of the games?

Merideth Roman was the second leading scorer in the championship game tonight by two points (she had 12 to CPA's Hannah Thurley's 14). No other player scored in double figures. In district semi-finals, she was the only player on both teams to score in double figures with 14 in a low scoring game. She also was the play maker for CPA and handled the press tonight. I am just baffled by the 10-AA coaches decision to keep her off the ALL Tournament Team. She should have been named MVP! What could they possibly be thinking?

Is it possible that the CPA coach didn't nominate Merideth for the all tournament teams?

Selection is made by the coaches and you can not vote for your own players. Don't know if your own coach can keep you out of a selection or not, but that doesn't make sense to me. East Lit (number 2 team in 10-AA) had four players selected. CPA the first place team in both regular season and tournament only had 2 players selected. I am not saying that everyone else wasn't deserving, but something is seriously wrong with the process.

I don't know what some of you are talking about. East Lit did not have four all district players. They had three. Yes I know that CPA was the regular season & tournament champion. Each Coach nominated players that they felt were deserving of the award. All the coaches voted without voting for their own players. The all tournament team was selected by the tournament committee. The bottom line is that these girls won the district. Individual awards should be irrellavant. Congratulations to the CPA team and coaches for a great season thus far and good luck in the region!

Regular Season All-District 10AA as voted on by the nine head coaches.

Shateka Battle--Pearl Cohn MVP

Kelli Cowan--East Lit

Ebiye Ekadi--MLK

Anna Mitchell--CPA

Hannah Turley--CPA

Hannah Miller--Hume Fogg

Sharonda Brabson--East Lit

Shaquetta Branch--Stratford

Tangela Crenshaw--Maplewood

Jamie Tate--Hume Fogg

Lauren Safley--Lipscomb

Nyani Golden-Brown--East Lit

Kate Bridges--Lipscomb

Coach of the Year--Mike Ellson CPA

Not to take anything away from anyone but Kelli Cowan should have been named the district MVP for the regular season. She has 102 more points this season than anyone in the district (477 total points this season to #2 Shaquetta Branch from Stratford with 375) and has only scored in single digits 3 or 4 games (meaning 8 or 9 points).

Also, Whites Creek did not even have a player on the all-district team this year and pearl cohn didnt have anyone on the all district team last year.

The reality is some coaches even though they are the adults in the situation are going to act on their feelings instead of what is obvious. Just the way life goes...its not fair sometimes.

Congrats to CPA on their victory over East. May we all be cheering for our 10AA teams as we move into the region tournament!

Friday night at 6:30 first round of region

Hume Fogg @ Macon County

David Lipscomb @ Sycamore

Goodpasture @ East Lit

Westmoreland @ CPA

I don't know what some of you are talking about. East Lit did not have four all district players. They had three. Yes I know that CPA was the regular season & tournament champion. Each Coach nominated players that they felt were deserving of the award. All the coaches voted without voting for their own players. The all tournament team was selected by the tournament committee. The bottom line is that these girls won the district. Individual awards should be irrellavant. Congratulations to the CPA team and coaches for a great season thus far and good luck in the region!

If only 3 East Lit players made all district instead of four, then I made a mistake in my previous post. It was difficult to hear the announcer. I do not want to take any thing away from the players that were recognized for their effort during the year and during the tournament. I just happen to believe that the coaches made a mistake. I will try one more time to support my case for Meridith Roman and leave it at that. CPA won the tournament. Merideth Roman led CPA in scoring in the 3 tournament games combined. In the finals and in the semi-finals combined she led her team in scoring by 8 points. I don't see how anyone could leave her off the All Tournament Team.