Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

I am tired of hearing how good South Pittsburg is.That is all I hear.If you think this will not be a game then you have lost your mind! Polk has a better record, a better coach, and probably stronger players in my opinion. I do not see this game being a runaway even if it is at South Pittsburg. These boys from Polk are ready to play and they want some of South Pittsburg and I think they are tired of hearing about how South Pittsburg is going to whip them as someone said earlier. If anyone gets whipped it might be South Pittsburgs line going both ways because the Polk boys do not play around. Mr. Robinson you will be running for your life in this game coming up that is my prediction.I can not see your line blocking ours and someone from Pittsburg said something about stopping Polks run?Good luck!I am sure all our running backs would love to meet South Pittsburgs linebackers in the whole and have a little Oklahoma drill to see who is tougher.Like I said I was tired of hearing all of the hype about South Pittsburg. They may not be that good because who have they played besides Boyd that beat them a few weeks ago? My point exactly.So pirates you better be ready to play or you will get beat. Do not take the wildcats lightly or you will get punched in the mouth come game time!!!

Old Pirate gits a tad tired of some of the SP youngons always predicting a mercy rule. Most SP fans exspect a hard fought game and some ear holing from both sides. OP will says T. Rob can be stopped but that opens up other game breakers, so don't think beating the Pirates at "The Speedway" will be an easy task. :mrgreen:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate you can not spell. And I do not think it will be easy beating South Pittsburg at their place.but I do think we have about as good of a chance as Boyd did if not better.I think the boys can lock up the wr's on the outside and stack the box and make South Pittsburg Panic in my opinion.

I am tired of hearing how good South Pittsburg is.That is all I hear.If you think this will not be a game then you have lost your mind! Polk has a better record, a better coach, and probably stronger players in my opinion. I do not see this game being a runaway even if it is at South Pittsburg. These boys from Polk are ready to play and they want some of South Pittsburg and I think they are tired of hearing about how South Pittsburg is going to whip them as someone said earlier. If anyone gets whipped it might be South Pittsburgs line going both ways because the Polk boys do not play around. Mr. Robinson you will be running for your life in this game coming up that is my prediction.I can not see your line blocking ours and someone from Pittsburg said something about stopping Polks run?Good luck!I am sure all our running backs would love to meet South Pittsburgs linebackers in the whole and have a little Oklahoma drill to see who is tougher.Like I said I was tired of hearing all of the hype about South Pittsburg. They may not be that good because who have they played besides Boyd that beat them a few weeks ago? My point exactly.So pirates you better be ready to play or you will get beat. Do not take the wildcats lightly or you will get punched in the mouth come game time!!!

well tide pride u really crack me up! u bring your big slow country boys down here to the pitt and take your beat down! u have a better record bc u havent playbed anybody! and for your coach he might be good but hes not better than vick! as bill parcells says your record speaks for itself! now come friday night we will show u what a good ol whoopen is SP style and make u like it! your right u might have the stronger boys but who cares this isnt a weight lifting contest its a football game! and come friday night it will be a long slow ride back home for yall! hope u have fun tailgating before the game bc that will be last time u will be celeberating! :mrgreen:

Old Pirate you can not spell. And I do not think it will be easy beating South Pittsburg at their place.but I do think we have about as good of a chance as Boyd did if not better.I think the boys can lock up the wr's on the outside and stack the box and make South Pittsburg Panic in my opinion.

:mrgreen::thumb: This has got to be a joke........................must be ole Zonnie :thumb: acting up again. If I wasn't going to the Boyd game I may even wear that orange and black for this one. There is no way you lock up the recievers. That would be fun to watch, maybe you should play man coverage..................bump and run also. That would be real smart for the Polk Slugs!! :thumb:

Looks as ifin yous not an englush scolar eether.............. :thumb: Old Pirate does agree with some of your post about having a good of a chance as Boyd........Dad burnit............looks as if the conditions may/could be similar come FryDay nite. Nows that will/would pose a huge problem for both teams and really slow the speedway boys down. Figure them big ole corn bread fed youngons from Polk may have a slight advantage if it's really wet. Then again SP does have experience with extremely wet conditions. OP jest hopes the coaches will have more snaps under center ifin that is the case.

Here is the unbiased opinion in a nutshell, fast dry field the edge goes to South Pitt. We played Polk and they are the real deal, probably the best team they have had in several years. They are physical and don't tend to make many mistakes. Remember scrimmaging McMinn Central last year? The Chargers came to the pit and played pretty tough. I know it was a scrimmage, but ask Vic and he will tell you it was a dog fight. If both teams play up to their potential, it will be the best game the Valley has seen in a while. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game, heck I may venture down that way for this one!

I was at that scrimmage last year...but you got to think that was the first time Terrell had the offense to himself and now he has been in the system for two years so you can not really compare his maturity now....I just can't see Polk hanging around after the third quarter at the latest...and by that I mean we would already be up 3 scores or so and score again and put the game out of reach...

ok i've had all i can take with the south pit trash talking. all you south pitt fans are you guys have done is trash the polk players saying slow can't win all that well these boys play with a lot of heart and pride and that helps win games. they don't make many if any mistakes and they love to hit. all i read on here is that they are going to out hit us and i just laugh bc you can ask any team taht has played polk the last 10 years and they will tell you that polk hits and hits hard the whole game. an a other thing if south pitt is so good why don't they play up in 2a or 3a? polk is a 2a school but coach davis wants to play in 3a so that says alot bout him wanting to play bigger schools. if south pitt is so great i just don't see them winning state in 2a or 3a. Polk has a good team and they play as a team it ain't about one player on the polk team. All i see on here is one player for south pitt and i love it because everytime we played a team this year and they just talk bout one player he gets shut down by the polks d. Just be prepared come friday night those big and slow polk boys wil give you all you can handle and more. If south pitt wins ain't won't be a blow out this is going to be a hard hitting physical game. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game. Polk shows everyone that they are for real win or lose friday night they won't stop playing and that heart and PRIDE they play with will show. GO WILDCATS

I was at that scrimmage last year...but you got to think that was the first time Terrell had the offense to himself and now he has been in the system for two years so you can not really compare his maturity now....I just can't see Polk hanging around after the third quarter at the latest...and by that I mean we would already be up 3 scores or so and score again and put the game out of reach...

:thumb: Youngon, Old Pirate says jest a few weeks back you and some other SP fellers was chattering about T.Rob's lack of experience with the NEW offense. Ya'll made a big deal of it and now SP is going to mercy rule everyone theys play. Sorry OP jest don't git you guys even if yous are SP folkes. Bet the farm them Polk youngons will come with a point to make. Thinking back......purt near sure yous were one of them youngons doing all that boasting against Gordonsville a few years back. Sounded something like.....Yeh....theys big and slow and the Pirates are great and fast as a speeding bullet.

Old Charger, OP says you make a great point and some (minority) of these SP folkes jest yap too much about how great the Pirates are and sometimes before they have done anything.

:?: Youngon, Old Pirate says jest a few weeks back you and some other SP fellers was chattering about T.Rob's lack of experience with the NEW offense. Ya'll made a big deal of it and now SP is going to mercy rule everyone theys play. Sorry OP jest don't git you guys even if yous are SP folkes. Bet the farm them Polk youngons will come with a point to make. Thinking back......purt near sure yous were one of them youngons doing all that boasting against Gordonsville a few years back. Sounded something like.....Yeh....theys big and slow and the Pirates are great and fast as a speeding bullet.

Old Charger, OP says you make a great point and some (minority) of these SP folkes jest yap too much about how great the Pirates are and sometimes before they have done anything.

It probably was me OP I do like to stir the pot :thumb: My thing was I am just not a big fan of the shotgun...I like the wingT myself and if as a team they did not step it up lets say 2-3 games after the Jasper game then they needed to go back to it was my point...Next year we need it for sure I will go ahead and throw that out there :thumb: But, it is my opinion that Polk will just not be in this game after the third quarter and alot of people who know alot about football agree with me, including your buddy coach Dave, who I talk to quite frequently actually :blink:

ok i've had all i can take with the south pit trash talking. all you south pitt fans are you guys have done is trash the polk players saying slow can't win all that well these boys play with a lot of heart and pride and that helps win games. they don't make many if any mistakes and they love to hit. all i read on here is that they are going to out hit us and i just laugh bc you can ask any team taht has played polk the last 10 years and they will tell you that polk hits and hits hard the whole game. an a other thing if south pitt is so good why don't they play up in 2a or 3a? polk is a 2a school but coach davis wants to play in 3a so that says alot bout him wanting to play bigger schools. if south pitt is so great i just don't see them winning state in 2a or 3a. Polk has a good team and they play as a team it ain't about one player on the polk team. All i see on here is one player for south pitt and i love it because everytime we played a team this year and they just talk bout one player he gets shut down by the polks d. Just be prepared come friday night those big and slow polk boys wil give you all you can handle and more. If south pitt wins ain't won't be a blow out this is going to be a hard hitting physical game. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game. Polk shows everyone that they are for real win or lose friday night they won't stop playing and that heart and PRIDE they play with will show. GO WILDCATS

Brother that is exactly what I was saying.Our def. ends are talented and I think they will limit what Mr. Robinson does.Remember it is hard to throw the ball when you are laying on your backside from getting hit.And our offense is good.You people for down there can say we are slow.We are not that slow.Mark it down right now Polk goes into South Pitt puts Mr. Robinson on the ground 6-7 times frustrates him and our offense will break two or more 40 yard runs and Polk will come out with a two touchdown win!!We will show them boys what real hard nosed football is.They wont know what hit them!!!!

Don't get me wrong south pitt has a great program I'm just tired of seeing everyone down Polk they are a good team and these boys have played together since they was 5 years old. They play together and no one takes the spotlight. They come and play hard for 4 quaters and won't stop till the horn sound inthe the 4th. South Pitt will be in for a fight come friday night. Go Wildcats