Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

Don't that boy that lost his leg or something like that play for Polk? I thought I remembered reading that in the best of preps book thing may have been another team...If it is him on this team...doesn't he kick or something? This guy should be commended for his perseverance and love for the game :roflol:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great game this should be. We kindly welcome Polk County to the Pitt but once the whistle blows, you better strap those helmets on tight because the kindness ends...

Do you actually think the Polk County players are scared of SP? Let me tell you playing 3 years and knowing almost all of the players, they aren't scared of anybody. If a football player is actually scared of any team, he shouldn't be on the bus trip down. Yes, they respect SP and know what caliber team they are. Heck, outside of this Friday I'm always pulling for SP. Win or loss PC is gonna come and give their all.

What a great game this should be. We kindly welcome Polk County to the Pitt but once the whistle blows, you better strap those helmets on tight because the kindness ends...

Do you actually think the Polk County players are scared of SP? Let me tell you playing 3 years and knowing almost all of the players, they aren't scared of anybody. If a football player is actually scared of any team, he shouldn't be on the bus trip down. Yes, they respect SP and know what caliber team they are. Heck, outside of this Friday I'm always pulling for SP. Win or loss PC is gonna come and give their all.

Good cause if they do not come to play it could get ugly....Buckle them chin straps...our players like to hit :D

Who said anything about PC players being scared?? I respect their team. Simply making a statement to come ready to be hit, and be hit hard. My wife is from Polk County so we do keep up with how the team is doing. :D

Polk will bring the leather

For what, SP to whip them with?? :D:D I am not from SP but I know they are probably one of the top 2 or 3 teams in class 1A, 2A, and 3A. Polk is Polk, big slow and a little overrated. Ranked 3 in 3a and have played 2 teams with winning records. Just in case you guys make it to alcoa though, this might be a good test. Sp, though, might have more speed, just not the depth. You guys may not be scared, but you will be questioning your manhood by halftime. I saw where polk has only attempted 34 passes all year. To stay in this game, they may have to throw it that many times, because SP will send the house. I see this one probably getting to mercy rule status. 42-6 SP

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book during the game last night and read it some more this morning. Let me tell you people something. This Polk County team is for real. They will hit you and have some real big ole boys that will be able to knock a hole in our line. You think I am joking but I am not. I hope nobody thinks it is a joke because they are a real good team. They have some boys that are fast too. I been reading about this Jared Allen boy. He is a pretty big boy that is strong and fast. They also have a Christian boy that Murphy says is a real good ball player. I hope Grider makes these boys lift alot of weights this week so they will be real strong in time for Friday night. Let me ask you Polk people a question. Is this Polk County best team they have ever had? I was reading in my book that they have a coach named Davis. Let me ask you something. Is that coach kin to the other Davis man that use to coach Polk County in the 80's? That Davis man was a real good coach back then. He would make those big ole boys line up and they knew how to knock a hole. They had a real big ole QB one year too. I am afraid that those big ole boys will be able to knock a hole in our line and let the runners have holes to run through next week. According to my Murphy Fair book this Davis guy has a real good coaching record too. Let me ask you Polk people another question. Will SP be the best team Polk has played this season or have they played some better teams? Let me tell you something. I was noticing something last night. I hope Grider puts some ankle weights on some of our boys this week so they will be faster in time for the game on Friday. We need to be real fast and real strong for this game. Polk County is good. You think I am joking but Im not. Grider better tell the team how good big and strong Polk County is or we will get beat. Its not a joke either. SP will not be mercy ruling this team. I will show some of you in my Murphy Fair book how good this team is.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book during the game last night and read it some more this morning. Let me tell you people something. This Polk County team is for real. They will hit you and have some real big ole boys that will be able to knock a hole in our line. You think I am joking but I am not. I hope nobody thinks it is a joke because they are a real good team. They have some boys that are fast too. I been reading about this Jared Allen boy. He is a pretty big boy that is strong and fast. They also have a Christian boy that Murphy says is a real good ball player. I hope Grider makes these boys lift alot of weights this week so they will be real strong in time for Friday night. Let me ask you Polk people a question. Is this Polk County best team they have ever had? I was reading in my book that they have a coach named Davis. Let me ask you something. Is that coach kin to the other Davis man that use to coach Polk County in the 80's? That Davis man was a real good coach back then. He would make those big ole boys line up and they knew how to knock a hole. They had a real big ole QB one year too. I am afraid that those big ole boys will be able to knock a hole in our line and let the runners have holes to run through next week. According to my Murphy Fair book this Davis guy has a real good coaching record too. Let me ask you Polk people another question. Will SP be the best team Polk has played this season or have they played some better teams? Let me tell you something. I was noticing something last night. I hope Grider puts some ankle weights on some of our boys this week so they will be faster in time for the game on Friday. We need to be real fast and real strong for this game. Polk County is good. You think I am joking but Im not. Grider better tell the team how good big and strong Polk County is or we will get beat. Its not a joke either. SP will not be mercy ruling this team. I will show some of you in my Murphy Fair book how good this team is.

Mr. Roy...stats only mean so much...even you know that...I was asking Pirate Mike where you were last night...Needed some of the hot chocolate cause it was pretty chilly :D But I still think SP will take this game by at least 3 td's...They have played harder competition and are more battle tested...Best of luck for an injury free game :D

Charlie consulted his sources and did some digging and here are some answers to a few questions posted on this thread.....

Yes, Polk has a kicker that lost his leg below the knee due to a broken leg suffered in a spring scrimmage (2008). I think he was the #1 running back going into the '08 season. I believe he went through about 15 surgeries from Spring of '08 until winter of '08 when it was determined that amputation was the ony alternative. He kick's PAT's and plays some at DE and has carried the ball a few times.

Yes, Coach Derrick Davis is the son of Coach Larry Davis who coached the Wildcats during the late 20th century. If I'm not mistaken, this father and son coaching duo are 2nd or 3rd in Tennessee for combined wins by a father and son,,,,Any guesses at #1 ...? (wouldn't really be a guess would it?)

As for passing, Polk hasn't attempted many passes because when your up 21 - 0 after 1 qtr, there's really no need.

I read on here where SP is stingy against the run,,,but the TFP had the LV kid at 192 yards,,,I assume that was all during mop up duty,,,is that correct?

When did these teams play last?

Charlie thinks this will be a good game with great sportsmanship, hard hitting, and hopefully safe play, considering the connections that these coaching staffs and schools have....

Anybody know the connections.....?

Should be a great game between two great schools. I'm sure Polk will bring a big crowd to Beene stadium. Was very disappointed in Lookout Valley being 6-1 on the year and they maybe had 100 fans on there side..I hope the weather is good so no excuses on either side. SP's field is in great great shape even after all this bad weather. I believe this game with each other will go a long way in helping both teams in the playoff's. SP fan's don't count your chicken's before they hatch. This is a good team!!!

Charlie consulted his sources and did some digging and here are some answers to a few questions posted on this thread.....

Yes, Polk has a kicker that lost his leg below the knee due to a broken leg suffered in a spring scrimmage (2008). I think he was the #1 running back going into the '08 season. I believe he went through about 15 surgeries from Spring of '08 until winter of '08 when it was determined that amputation was the ony alternative. He kick's PAT's and plays some at DE and has carried the ball a few times.

Yes, Coach Derrick Davis is the son of Coach Larry Davis who coached the Wildcats during the late 20th century. If I'm not mistaken, this father and son coaching duo are 2nd or 3rd in Tennessee for combined wins by a father and son,,,,Any guesses at #1 ...? (wouldn't really be a guess would it?)

As for passing, Polk hasn't attempted many passes because when your up 21 - 0 after 1 qtr, there's really no need.

I read on here where SP is stingy against the run,,,but the TFP had the LV kid at 192 yards,,,I assume that was all during mop up duty,,,is that correct?

When did these teams play last?

Charlie thinks this will be a good game with great sportsmanship, hard hitting, and hopefully safe play, considering the connections that these coaching staffs and schools have....

Anybody know the connections.....?

Yea that kid for Valley might have had 50 yards against the first string D....he did the rest against 2nd and 3rd stringers so....but yes are run D is very very strong so if they are just going to line it up and try to pound us then they may be in for a suprise...I would imagine Polk's line is no where as big as Boyd's and we handled them pretty well I thought....