District 11AA

oakwood

I have only been able to see Cw play two games this season.Looks like I will

be able to see Fridays game against Waverly. CW looked good both games

that I was at but have noticed of late they are destroying teams.What happened

against Harpeth last night.Sounds like Harp. was totally over-matched. How good

is Cw. Can anyone in district give Cw a game or a loss. Waverly has to bring

it Friday night or this district is sewed up.They should be ready,not sure if they can

win but they will bring it hard.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CW should win the district. They play 6 seniors and 2 juniors the majority of the game. They won the distrist last year and they have the bulk of that team back. You rarely hear people talk about 1 player on CW's team. They have 2 beasts inside that can dominate on both ends of the court and another big that can come in and give quality minutes without much of a drop off. There guards have been a question mark and they took that personal. There guards have been very improved and they have become a strength. They have 2 guys that come in at that position that would start at most places, but when they come there is no drop off. They allow less than 43 points a game. There coaches are great with the strategies and the motivation. Every game they play, there crowd and total fan support gets better. Sounds like this should be CW's year. Each player needs to take it personal to get better and this team can make some noise in the playoffs. They are nowhere near as good as they can be.

CW has a chance to be really good. There guard play has been outstanding the last

mont or so. In fact it probably is a strength. Austin Clements(junior)has been raining

threes on everyone.He has really taken his game to next level. Coty Crow is passing the ball

like Steve Nash. Playing great. CW has three players coming off the bench that would

start for any other team in district. I havent even mentioned the two best players in

district(Hyndman,Dotson),they can dominate game from many perspectives. Both are

great rebounders.Both can get 18 to 20 at any time. And unlike a lot of great players

they play hard even when they dont get a lot of touches. They dont pout and complain,

they just continue to work.Dist. is down but not CW.Easily best team in Cw short history.

Coaches will continue to push these guys. Really fun to watch this bunch.Coaching

staff has done great job with this bunch.

Last nights game against Harpeth was awesome. The intensity the Cw bunch played

with was incredible.

Creekwood is hands down the best team in the district this year. I will be really surprised if anyone can knock them off in district play. My only criticism of them is that they have trouble scoring sometimes, especially against a zone. But they are so good defensively with their 2 posts on the back side that they don't have to score much to win.

The only thing I can see that could hurt them is how easily they breeze through the district. Nobody is really challenging them and they don't have to play a good game to get most of their wins. It'll be interesting to see them coming down the stretch on into tournament time with how well they play.

Hello Howdoitknow, Im glad you like my post, the only reason I post is to humor you. I couldn t help but to notice you were quick to defend the football coach but you had nothing to say about how good the basketball coaches were doing. Are you seeing things as I do now? Also I was wondering which one of my many failures in my life do you think was the biggest one?

Yenom, I do like the cheatham coaches. I just think they should be doing things different, after all it aint working now. I like that idea of becoming a teacher and coach, I think Ill check into that.

I didn't defend a football coach or a basketball coach from your last post. I just said that your reference to the way things are handled in the football program was RETARDED if you truly meant that as a way to "insult" the basketball coaches.

And don't tell yenom that you like the basketball coaches either because if you did "like" them then you certainly wouldn't criticize them on a message board behind a screen name instead of speak to them personally. You are not meant for anyone to "like" because you sir are simply a coward.

You can "check into" the idea of being a teacher and a coach but first off you have to be able to actually become certified through the courses in order to be an educator. Secondly you have to be able to know a thing or two about athletics if you want to coach. The fact that you worry about individual stats and individual accomplishments tells me right away that you know nothing about the concept of TEAM and therefore you will never get hired as a coach. I believe if I were in charge that I would TERMINATE the program before I allowed you to become a decision maker as far as the coaching choices are concerned.

If you add up the guesses that were made in yenom's last comment to you then I think you could figure out just who you really are :oops:

yenom your rite cw does struggle offensively but its merely just missed shots...from what i've seen they get good looks and rarely force a bad shot they just miss...however on the flip side their defense never slumps and turns defensive stops into transition points on the offensive end...cw hosts wavo tom....theres all the talk about cw getting upset and wavo being the team that could do it..come out tom and see the two teams go at it.....not disrespecting wave but cw takes this one by 15+

howdoitknow, I sense a lot of hostility in your posts. Maybe you should seek some anger management counseling. :x

Did you REALLY say that individual stats dont matter? What is that person at the scorers table writing in that book during the game? I have never heard of a TEAM getting a scholarship because of the team stats.

And as for the coaches have you ever heard the expression " we'll just have to agree to disagree". cause I do like them. I like Obama too but I dont like his job performance. :x

CW is the best team in the district and did win tonight over Waverly by 14-16 but it was a tight game all the way. In fact Waverly only down by 2 late in the third qtr. Their posts are good but not great. The difference tonight was Coach Taylor having someone following Justin Vogel everywhere he went. His defender never left him but he still managed 16 pts. Vogel hands down is the MVP of the District. If I were Coach Taylor I would do an attitude adjustment on Hyndman. Coach Taylor would give him advice and he would just grin and walk off. Hyndman is good but not great. He shoots well on the inside but has no outside game. A really good post would eat him for lunch. All this talk about him being MVP is exagerated. He is not close to being an MVP other than in his eyes it seems.

That person at the table is keeping up with team scoring, team fouls, technical fouls, team timeouts, team possession, etc. In 2 years I do not recall being asked ONCE by an official "how many points does that individual player have in the game?". That is the most IRRELEVANT thing in the score book.

Now with that said Camden Central beat Montgomery Central 60-47, Harpeth beat Stewart County 60-50, & Creek Wood beat Waverly Central 62-44.

DISTRICT 11-AA STANDINGS

1.) Creek Wood (7-0)

2.) Waverly Central (4-2)

3) Camden Central (3-3)

4.) Montgomery Central (3-4)

4.) Harpeth (3-4)

4.) Stewart County (3-4)

7.) Cheatham County (0-6)

The #1 team in the district is Creek Wood. They have swept Waverly Central and own a victory over every other team in the district.

The #7 team in the district is Cheatham County. They have lost in each of their matchups against the other teams in the district.

#'s 2-6 in the district are very competitive and any of them could beat the other on a given night. Each of those 5 teams appears to be anywhere from 15-25 points worse than Creek Wood and they appear to be 15-25 points better than Cheatham County. It will make for some interesting matchups to determine those seeds down the stretch.

CW is the best team in the district and did win tonight over Waverly by 14-16 but it was a tight game all the way. In fact Waverly only down by 2 late in the third qtr. Their posts are good but not great. The difference tonight was Coach Taylor having someone following Justin Vogel everywhere he went. His defender never left him but he still managed 16 pts. Vogel hands down is the MVP of the District. If I were Coach Taylor I would do an attitude adjustment on Hyndman. Coach Taylor would give him advice and he would just grin and walk off. Hyndman is good but not great. He shoots well on the inside but has no outside game. A really good post would eat him for lunch. All this talk about him being MVP is exagerated. He is not close to being an MVP other than in his eyes it seems.

You have lost your mind papatiger. Anyone at that game tonight could see

Hyndman was best player on floor. He had 18,while being guarded by the entire

Wav. team. At least 3 Wav. players on him all night. I believe he hit two outside jumpers

on yall. I didnt see Vogel posting up.Does that mean he has no inside game. As for

getting him against a good post,he has played against many good post and more

than held his own. As for his attitude he has a great attitude. Has never given Coach Taylor

any trouble. As for Vogels attitude,He wouldnt even shake CW players hands when

he went through the line. Terrible sportsmanship. Hyndman probably gets about 12 shots

a night. Vogel takes probably 25 to 30. Padded his numbers against Cheatham

when they were up 35. Hyndman has double digit rebounds every night.Vogel

might have had two tonight.Vogel is a good player but needs to realize there

are other things besides shooting...... So the next time you are going to call

another player out for attitude,start with your own team.Espically when the

player your calling out has no attitude. Plays with alot of fire,nothing more.