Arbys Classic

JIMA6578

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the first day went exactly how i figured it wud, out of area teams winning with the exception of tn high because they get to play one of the worst teams in the tourny again in the first game, then the refs allowing s hill to hang with a team that was better than them for awhile, picked every game right the 1st day, i was impressed with golden but he was playing against g-ville, im not sure y cherokee was invited, daniel boone wud make a great addition compared to cherokee, tn high is again in the winners bracket just to get blown out in the 2nd round, overall not real impressed by any1 the first day, not the best tourny by far but hoping some of the outta area teams will provide some good games here on out

No disrespect…. but how could you not be impressed with the Melrose team or the team out of NY that BLASTED Sullivan East…. Especially coming from Carter Co? Have you really seen a team this year that could hang with the Melrose team…. or are you just blowing a bunch of smoke because they don’t let the County teams in the Arbys? What team do you support? :lol:

Nice post TylerDurden...Jody no McAfee didn't play. I listened to Coach JJ earlier and he stated that McAfee has withdrawn from Craigmont but has yet to enroll in Melrose. I read on another post that Melrose had 9 dunks but the game was real sloppy... Coach Johnson also said that his team shot very poorly against Science Hill. Holloman was 1 for 13 shooting wide open shots....Anyway good win Melrose and good luck against that undefeated N.Y. team Tuesday...

I agree… nice post TylerDurden. I also thought Melrose looked loaded personnel wise. This is my first time seeing them play but you can’t help but notice that they struggle to find a game plan and looked very sloppy against the zone. That’s going to hurt them down the road when they start playing some of the better teams from East TN in the post season. Very athletic team but couldn’t shot their way out of a paper bag the other night. Almost half of their points were dunks and the other half lay-ups. That made for a pretty exciting game. Science Hill (while obviously out manned) was in their comfort zone with the fast pace style of play. IMO they represented the locals better than anyone else including THS who won their game. East shoots the ball well but still looks weak in comparison. It's painfully obvious that this area took a big hit from last years graduating class.

I can assure that Melrose simply had an off night. Bobby Parks, Jermaine Holliman, and Chris Jones are bonafide shooters, especially Hollimon. I think they're gonna be back on what they normally do tonight. They had I believe around an 8 to 10 day layoff since their last game so its understandable.

Melrose may not have played their best offensivley but you gotta look at it this way....Any time you can force a team of Science Hill's callibur to 20 or more turnovers thats a positive. The style of ball both teams play there is going to be quite a few with playing a fast paced style of play... I watched Humboldt and Manassis last year in the first round of the state tournament game and it the type of game if you blinked you would miss something... At the end of the game both teams had close to 25 turnovers a piece just by the style of basketball they were playing...

But you can tell Melrose has the tools to be a dominant team not only at the Arby's but at the Boro as well. The posts work hard for the basketball they can explode to the goal and finish well. And it seems like each player takes the ball to the goal with a purpose. I look to see an exciting game against New York and Melrose with the tough defense and fast offensive style of play both teams bring to the table.

well the first day went exactly how i figured it wud, out of area teams winning with the exception of tn high because they get to play one of the worst teams in the tourny again in the first game, then the refs allowing s hill to hang with a team that was better than them for awhile, picked every game right the 1st day, i was impressed with golden but he was playing against g-ville, im not sure y cherokee was invited, daniel boone wud make a great addition compared to cherokee, tn high is again in the winners bracket just to get blown out in the 2nd round, overall not real impressed by any1 the first day, not the best tourny by far but hoping some of the outta area teams will provide some good games here on out

No disrespect…. but how could you not be impressed with the Melrose team or the team out of NY that BLASTED Sullivan East…. Especially coming from Carter Co? Have you really seen a team this year that could hang with the Melrose team…. or are you just blowing a bunch of smoke because they don’t let the County teams in the Arbys? What team do you support? :lol:

im not impressed with the tournament overall, melrose is a good team, new rochelle is a good team, as far as who i support obviously i played at unaka ill always support them, that dosent mean i think they shud be in the arbys however, but id rather see teams from closer to the southeast get a chacne than a bunch of teams from Canada (theres a basketball hotbed) or the bahamas that i cant remember ever going deep in the winners bracket, theres not been a great arbys since the year you had bolivar with wayne chism and brentwood with brandon wright, and invite deserving teams from the area, daniel boone has impressed me alot this year they got no invite as far as i know , cherokee dosent need to be in the arbys, greenville is a waste of a team atleast invite crockett or somebody let the fans see a 7 footer, invite some local teams that will accuttly make a good match up not get beat by 40

Memphis Melrose rises again against undefeated N.Y. Rochelle..

Appx. 4 minutes elapsed in 3rd Qtr:

Melrose 47 --- McEachern 42

----------------------------------

Melrose has led the entire game.

Chris Jones 20+ points for Melrose/ Adonis Thomas only 4 or 5 pts.

Melrose 13 of 15 FTs.

For some odd (inexcusable) reason, the announcers are NOT telling the "time-remaining!!"