Millington-Craigmont

MarkH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it then it was going to be held at Raleigh-Egpyt? Was there a scheduling conflict with that field ?

TigerBert.....Things are about to get really busy for you, Isn't it?....

The game was scheduled for Greenhill but the field is in such bad condition that the Craigmont coaches decided to take the money and move the game to Millington. It was probably a good decision on their part. There would be a sparse crowd atGreenhill and the chances of getting someone hurt seemed alot higher... .

Go Trojans!

I take it then it was going to be held at Raleigh-Egpyt? Was there a scheduling conflict with that field ?

TigerBert.....Things are about to get really busy for you, Isn't it?....

The game was scheduled for Greenhill but the field is in such bad condition that the Craigmont coaches decided to take the money and move the game to Millington. It was probably a good decision on their part. There would be a sparse crowd atGreenhill and the chances of getting someone hurt seemed alot higher... .

Go Trojans!

Man, you're not kidding. It's already gettin busy with fundraising and whatnot. What's great for me this year is I'm doing freshmen again and assisting an old friend, Greg Tucker ( played pg at Bartlett back in '99 and 2000). That'll also allow me to return to the broadcast booth for varsity games. While I did enjoy last year at varsity and would gladly do it again, I'm really looking forward to calling some basketball. I've missed that. Hope you and yours are doing well :roflol:

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense for both teams. Should be a good one.

That's great! Now if the rain will just hold off this week so the field will be dry. :roflol:

Yeah Right!.... We haven't had rain the last couple of days...So, You know what that means...... We will get belted this weekend!. Pack the rain poncho's and enjoy what should be a very competitive game!

Oh yeah..... .Did you know that some teams here in Memphis don't practice in the rain?... Is that not comical?

Go Trojans!

Everyone had to go and say the "R" word didn't they? Rain is moving in tonight and is expected to rain tomorrow as well. We can only hope that it isn't one of those long lingering rains and just saturates everything.

On a side note, we won't even be talking about field conditions in a couple of years when they finish putting the field turf on all the football fields that the city schools have.