BOLTON TRAVELS TO RIVAL BARTLETT

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Bolton travels to Bartlett for the Bolton vs Bartlett bowl, there is a trophy for this game. Bartlett needs to stay 1 game radius of Craigmont to have a shot and make the playoffs. If Bartlett looses and Craigmont wins Bartlett doesn't go to the playoffs. Who will win this hard faught game between 2 teams? I don't know anything about Bolton. I know stuff on Bartlett.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but honestly this game means nothing with the playoffs! This is a huge rivalry game and sure the bragging rights are on the table, but no playoff implications are riding on this. According to the tssaa website and the slideshow on the front page, it has a man that breaks down each region and 5A/6A playoffs. Per TSSAA, with there being 3 5A teams in region 14AAA, there will be one automatic qualifier within those three teams based on head to head records. Both Craigmont and Bartlett have beat Egypt so the winner of Craigmont/Bartlett will be the automatic qualifier for this Region. This means that Bartlett could make the playoffs if they lose tonight and win vs. Craigmont with a 3-7 record....... This make sense???

The way i understand it, if Bartlett needs to stay 1 game of Craigmont to make the playoffs if they loose to Bolton friday and Craigmont beats Millington Bartlett season is over and don't make the playoffs.

Robm, Do you not see Willie Matthews and Dennis Calcuitt to have a good game on o? Willie is number 1 in the county in rushing yards the last time i checked. I know this if Bartlett has alot of penalty's and give up the big play they will not win this game.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but honestly this game means nothing with the playoffs! This is a huge rivalry game and sure the bragging rights are on the table, but no playoff implications are riding on this. According to the tssaa website and the slideshow on the front page, it has a man that breaks down each region and 5A/6A playoffs. Per TSSAA, with there being 3 5A teams in region 14AAA, there will be one automatic qualifier within those three teams based on head to head records. Both Craigmont and Bartlett have beat Egypt so the winner of Craigmont/Bartlett will be the automatic qualifier for this Region. This means that Bartlett could make the playoffs if they lose tonight and win vs. Craigmont with a 3-7 record....... This make sense???

Yep. Sure does.

5A--The team that finishes the highest in the final district standings becomes playoff eligible.

That's what TSSAA says. Right now Bartlett has three district losses to Craigmont's two. A loss to Bolton might eliminate Bartlett if Craigmont beats Millington. However, common sense would tell you that the team that beat the other two 5A schools in the district would be the 5A "winner". That said, I don't think any part of this Z Plan is based on common sense.

If you look at the breakdown on the TSSAA website, it clearly says that the highest finishing 5A team in our district will qualify for the playoffs. Right now Craigmont has 2 losses in the league and Bartlett has 3. If Craigmont and Bartlett both win or lose this week, then it will come down to week 10 in which Bartlett plays Craigmont. If Bartlett were to beat Craigmont, they would be be tied with the same record in district play and Bartlett would have the tie breaker via head to head and would get in the playoffs.

As far as the playoffs go, they are kind of crazy. But you will know this. If you finish as the 2nd automatic qualifier or as a wild card, you will be on the road. You will not play a team from your district in the first round of the playoffs. In our area, the playoff qualifiers are (in no particular order) Brighton (probably finishes in 1st in D-13), Arlington and Millington (winner of their game wins D-14), Germantown (first in D-15), Wooddale and Kirby (unless Kirby loses to both Overton and Ridgeway but I don't see that happening), White Station and Whitehaven. If the playoffs started today, the district winners would host-Brighton, Germantown, White Station and Millington-Arlington winner. You know that Germantown won't be playing Wooddale or Kirby in the first round so that means they get either Whitehaven or the Millington-Arlington loser. You know that White Station won't play Whitehaven in the first round nor will Millington play Arlington.

The game should come down to 2 big things: the success of either team's offensive line and turnovers. You're going to have a soggy field which will make for a wet pigskin and more difficult footing. If both teams try to pound it out..............

Only thing I know for sure is this, it's Bartlett-Bolton. In the words of good ole' JR, Look for a good ole'-fashioned slobberknocker. :thumb: