McMinn Co vs Ooltewah

Tribeguy12

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its always tough to leave athens with a win

Please dont tell me this comment was about the officiating?

Of course its about the officiating!!!!

That Officials Association from Athens is known across the state of Tennessee as being WEAK.

I am sure there are a few crews that are not as good as others in the local association but that could be said about officiating crews from Memphis to Mountain City.

It couldn't have been much of a practice the day after a game. Sounds like McMinn's coach is already putting pressure on his kids if they are practicing last Friday.....

probably good...because they are going to need it...............too much speed for Owls

and the Owls are due a well played game...if that happens....it spells DOOM for Athens

"Practice" Friday was simply watching film. No pressure...

its always tough to leave athens with a win

Please dont tell me this comment was about the officiating?

comment was not in reference to officiating simply that mcminn county is a good team that historically plays good at home. born and bred in mcminn county.... but from across the creek.......... Go Owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Mcminn lost to Maryville, but then again who hasnt lost to Maryville???.... It took nationally ranked Alcoa four quarters to secure a win at home against the rebels! Since then Mcminn has gotten healthy, played better, and won six consecutive games. This game in my mind comes down to the PLAYERS. Ooltewah trailed at halftime to a mediocre cleveland team last week, but it was expected they would probably be looking ahead to this game anyway. If both teams play their best i still give edge to the Owls because of coaching but if Mcminn plays slightly better they could pull this one out.... GO TRIBE!!!

And the tribe was up by only 2 against this same "mediocre" Cleveland team at the half. Owls win!

I think that if the offensive line for McMinn can protect #10 Ables and allow him to look down field and make plays then McMinn has a good chance to beat the mighty Owls. But if the "O" line doesnt do a good job of protecting then it becomes a long night for the Cherokees.

Then there are the obvious keys that usually determine the outcome of the game:

Turnovers

Penalties

Special Teams

The score will not determine how owls play in the post season..............Benny plays to win,without showing alot(unless he has to),so even,if owls win by a little,it will not give anyone a crystal ball on how to defeat the owls.If the owls win BIG..well so be it,but "YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST GAME",every week is different. Owls ?-cherokees 0

If this game follows the form of the rest of the Owls tough games, the Cherokees will start out moving the ball at least between the 20's (I am not sure how many red zone stops the Owls have had this year but it has to be 10 or more). The Owls will figure out what is working and take that away. The Owls Offense will start slow and begin to wear down the Cherokee defense. They just keep plugging away. The Owls will score a couple of times in third or fourth quarter for the win, and the fans will have another heart attack. The Owls have been very good at adjusting the D this year and not giving up even when down late in the game.

Go Owls

If this game follows the form of the rest of the Owls tough games, the Cherokees will start out moving the ball at least between the 20's (I am not sure how many red zone stops the Owls have had this year but it has to be 10 or more). The Owls will figure out what is working and take that away. The Owls Offense will start slow and begin to wear down the Cherokee defense. They just keep plugging away. The Owls will score a couple of times in third or fourth quarter for the win, and the fans will have another heart attack. The Owls have been very good at adjusting the D this year and not giving up even when down late in the game.

Go Owls

That is one of the things that makes this McMinn a bit different from previous years. They have multiple play makers.....Mcdermott, Ables, McBee, Smith so if one isnt getting the job done then the others may pick up the slack.

The rumor in Athens is that this game might be moved to Thursday night because of the rain????