McMinn Co vs Ooltewah

Tribeguy12

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this game follows the form of the rest of the Owls tough games, the Cherokees will start out moving the ball at least between the 20's (I am not sure how many red zone stops the Owls have had this year but it has to be 10 or more). The Owls will figure out what is working and take that away. The Owls Offense will start slow and begin to wear down the Cherokee defense. They just keep plugging away. The Owls will score a couple of times in third or fourth quarter for the win, and the fans will have another heart attack. The Owls have been very good at adjusting the D this year and not giving up even when down late in the game.

Go Owls

You are correct Horned Owl.....

I have seen the Owls play 80% of the time over the last 2 years. Their Defensive Coordinator and staff always do a good job of adjusting after the half. 1 exception: Oakland 08' semis last year

If this game follows the form of the rest of the Owls tough games, the Cherokees will start out moving the ball at least between the 20's (I am not sure how many red zone stops the Owls have had this year but it has to be 10 or more). The Owls will figure out what is working and take that away. The Owls Offense will start slow and begin to wear down the Cherokee defense. They just keep plugging away. The Owls will score a couple of times in third or fourth quarter for the win, and the fans will have another heart attack. The Owls have been very good at adjusting the D this year and not giving up even when down late in the game.

Go Owls

You are correct Horned Owl.....

I have seen the Owls play 80% of the time over the last 2 years. Their Defensive Coordinator and staff always do a good job of adjusting after the half. 1 exception: Oakland 08' semis last year

Phish

You are right about the Oakland game. I think the whole team from the coachs down had a bad day and Oakland took advantage of it. It was just a bad day to have a bad day. I too hate games moved to Thursday to try and avoid rain. We had to move the Rhea game because of ligthning but that is different. If you want to play inside, play basketball. Football is an all weather sport.

Go Owls

Hey TribeFan. It looks like ya'll struggled early, what changed? In your loss's, what didn't work and in your wins what worked? What should we expect from you on O and D?

Thanks, Go Owls

In the loss to McCallie we had 3 major mistakes in special teams......2 errant snaps that went over the punters head and then a blocked punt. In the Maryville game McMinn didnt show up so that added with playing the traditional power house like Maryville was not a good combination for the Cherokees.

On offense we still operate out of the "spread" formation and have a good receiving corp and an improving running game. Like I say one of the things I believe makes this team competitive is that we have several options to go to. If I was a defensive coordinator (which I am not) my game plan would be to pressure #10 Ables with blitzing more men than McMinn can block and play man coverage on the edges. Of course you are rolling the dice that McMinns talented receivers wont get free or that Ables wont start throwing the short stuff and nickle and dime you all night.

The latest weather forecast as of 6a.m. is that from lunch on Friday till about midnight there should be minimal rain. It appears there is a better chance of rain on Thursday evening and again on Saturday.

I agree I cant stand Thursday night games.....high school football is meant to be played on Friday nights hence the show Friday Night Lights.

Owls by 10 at the most....................might be closer than that!!!!!! Gotta get the PASSING game going some time SOON, i ve know i ve said it for 3 yrs but it s gonna catch up sooner than later. Reed can or needs to spread out the D and open the running game up a little more. :thumb:

You may be right 2seam...do you think he is capable of that????????????

After 3 years it remains to be seen!!!

I think the coaches give him what he can handle...and nothing more!!!