McMinn Co vs Ooltewah

Tribeguy12

People love dogging the OWLS especially the ones who could not beat us. They have to live their lives through someone else. I don't think putting Goose in at QB would have helped. Brady ran the ball good last night and he even threw some good passes. Yes he had two interceptions, over threw some passes but there was also a fumble, dropped passes and missed tackles. Are you going to replace all those people too. And i know this may stir up some trouble and loud mouths on here. But no one knows how much he beats himself about these things. He works hard and wants to win just as much as the next person. The only thing we can do is stand behind our players and cheer them on to another victory. It will be a big game Friday and we need to be VERY loud against the Farragut team. Time to go to work and get things done.

What would suggest then RED4 if not make a couple of changes for the TEAM not just YOUR SELF SERVING needs???????????? Brady is a great athlete there s no doubt about it especially in baseball as he s gotten several offers for the next level in baseball..........nobody s ever denied that but when is enough? The changes if they happen might work and then again they might not but somethings gotta give in these playoffs. I m sure he beats himself up over things but thats what competetive people do and i respect him for that but what do you think needs to be done to spread out these defenses and score some points for the rest of the kids on the team wanting this as much as him???? :blush:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to Red4Life, every bodies posts on this board are self serving. It's gotten to the point where it's fairly easy to figure out. Three or four years ago, Ooltewah had a lot of great posters who weren't nearly as rude and frankly redneck. It's one thing to talk a little smack, but quite another to continually bash kids that are somehow "in the way", and to talk down to opposing fans. To me, it's an embarrassment to the entire community as these people are truly not represenative of the community....at least not in my view.

For those that think change is needed, get over it. The hay is in the barn as the old saying goes.

Benny said on the news "that his team was the better team!!"

Not tonight Big Benny!!!!

Go Tribe!!!

I can't believe he said that!! :roll:

Did Benny actually say that? Quite tacky of him if he did.......unless he's admitting he got outcoached by a much, much younger coach......or admitting that McMinn's kids played with more heart and desire than his Owls did. Regardless, I'm shocked that he would say something as immature as that. :thumb:

In fairness to Red4Life, every bodies posts on this board are self serving. It's gotten to the point where it's fairly easy to figure out. Three or four years ago, Ooltewah had a lot of great posters who weren't nearly as rude and frankly redneck. It's one thing to talk a little smack, but quite another to continually bash kids that are somehow "in the way", and to talk down to opposing fans. To me, it's an embarrassment to the entire community as these people are truly not represenative of the community....at least not in my view.

For those that think change is needed, get over it. The hay is in the barn as the old saying goes.

So you dont think Owls need to mix it up in some form or fashion?? Change it up for the playoffs to score more points?? How long to do you leave the hay in the barn?? I didnt grow up on farm like you but i think your suppose to get the hay out of the barn every once in a while.............i m not saying throw anybody off the team or take anyones position just mix it up with whoever or whatever,give some diffrent looks and see what happens.

Owls have not played to their potential in many weeks.... I have been waiting for them to hit on all cylinders, and I knew it would catch up to us if we didn't fix it.

Well, it caught up with us last night. Maybe that will wake us up before the playoffs.

Mcminn played their best game and won. Owls did not and lost in overtime.

Congrats to McMinn....

....but.... I have to say....Even without the bad calls, I think McMinn still wins.........but it was obvious that the calls were a little 'slanted' last night. Interference calll.....taking off the helmet no call, no facemake call...etc.

Benny said on the news "that his team was the better team!!"

Not tonight Big Benny!!!!

Go Tribe!!!

I can't believe he said that!! :roll:

Did Benny actually say that? Quite tacky of him if he did.......unless he's admitting he got outcoached by a much, much younger coach......or admitting that McMinn's kids played with more heart and desire than his Owls did. Regardless, I'm shocked that he would say something as immature as that. :thumb:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009 ... ideo-preps

See for yourself..

McMinn - you young men deserved to win - great job!

Finally the TRUTH was uncovered last night. Ooltewah is a good team, not a great team deserving of the #1 ranking. McMinn is also a good team (better than Ooltewah last night) but also not a great team.

We were outcoached last night - I agree with Benny about that. Our Defense keeps us in the game, but the Offense continues to sputter. State Champs need an outstanding offensive leader - either QB or RB. We, unfortunatley, have neither. Heck, even #36 didn't have an outstanding game - and we need him to have an unbelievable game every Friday night!

McMinn ran the ball down our throats - which was a big surprise to me. I was amazed at their no huddle offense - while we run back and forth to determine the weak and strong side, they just change the play - brilliant! Virtually all aspects of our game were bad last night - and McMinn capitalized on all of our weaknesses. We came to a gun fight with a knife.

PS - You can imagine my false glee at thinking we were actually going to win by John's kick in overtime (remember my prediction!!!) only to be humbled by McMinn's touchdown - I was the one of the Owl nation who was silent.

Good luck vs. Farragut!!!

I never said Mcminn would win it all but they def have a good chance of advancing in the playoffs with the #1 seed from that district... I also heard Benny didnt show much class after the loss but then again winners are not good losers so i cant blame him.. And again i want to reiterate that the PLAYERS won this game for the cherokees... GO TRIBE!!!! :roflol:

McMinn - you young men deserved to win - great job!

Finally the TRUTH was uncovered last night. Ooltewah is a good team, not a great team deserving of the #1 ranking. McMinn is also a good team (better than Ooltewah last night) but also not a great team.

We were outcoached last night - I agree with Benny about that. Our Defense keeps us in the game, but the Offense continues to sputter. State Champs need an outstanding offensive leader - either QB or RB. We, unfortunatley, have neither. Heck, even #36 didn't have an outstanding game - and we need him to have an unbelievable game every Friday night!

McMinn ran the ball down our throats - which was a big surprise to me. I was amazed at their no huddle offense - while we run back and forth to determine the weak and strong side, they just change the play - brilliant! Virtually all aspects of our game were bad last night - and McMinn capitalized on all of our weaknesses. We came to a gun fight with a knife.

PS - You can imagine my false glee at thinking we were actually going to win by John's kick in overtime (remember my prediction!!!) only to be humbled by McMinn's touchdown - I was the one of the Owl nation who was silent.

Good luck vs. Farragut!!!

Lumber,

since you are an owls fan, I will be kind. Spread (no huddle ) teams have been doing that for years. Our D plays teams like that week in and out. changing the plays after they see what we are in is not NEW!!!!

watch some football this weekend on tv and you will know what I am talking about

Walker Valley does the same exact thing, William Blount used to use the wristbands as well. Heck, I saw a middle school team call plays from sidelines with wrist bands just 2 weeks ago. McMinn did not come up with this just to confuse Owls' D

looking at the paper.... McMinn Off had a total of 187 yards....article says Mc Minn had only 27 total yards at the half.....

you are right about 1 thing though, Owls offense needs work in order to advance

Owls have not played to their potential in many weeks.... I have been waiting for them to hit on all cylinders, and I knew it would catch up to us if we didn't fix it.

Well, it caught up with us last night. Maybe that will wake us up before the playoffs.

Congrats to McMinn....

....but.... I have to say....Even without the bad calls, I think McMinn still wins.........but it was obvious that the calls were a little 'slanted' last night. Interference calll.....taking off the helmet no call, no facemake call...etc.

Questionable calls at MC?????That is hard to believe!!!! Aren't you the same guy that said only BC cries about refs and coaching??? Every body that plays at MC complains about refs!!! and teams that loose, with questionable coaching, complain about coaching!

Congrats to McMinn....

Questionable calls at MC?????That is hard to believe!!!! Aren't you the same guy that said only BC cries about refs and coaching??? Every body that plays at MC complains about refs!!! and teams that loose, with questionable coaching, complain about coaching!

Since the officials weren't from Athens, then the Owl fans have nothing to complain about. Ooltewah was outcoached and outplayed - bottom line.

I cannot believe Coach Monroe emphatically said on TV that the owls were "by far the better team"! Obviously they werent the better team friday night. Also i sat two seats across from Monroe when he came to scout Mcminn vs Cleveland game. He was laughing and joking during almost the whole game. Looks like Mcminn got the last laugh :roflolk::roflol::roflol::lol::lol: .... GO TRIBE!!!!!!