Tennessee High vs. Sullivan South

v_i_k_i_n_g

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If St. Clair isn't there at QB, I really don't see South being able to compete with TN High. They are more physically agressive than any team South has played thus far, they have the best QB in the conf at TN High, biggest quickest huge runner in number 44, a secondary that doesn't give up deep balls (unless ya do the double pass!) and an offensive line that can manhandle South.

My advice to South is score, put them in a hole, and keep trying to pour it on. Momentum changes and big plays will be the only thing I see that can keep South in this game.

I would say South has a lot to play for, which they do and my heart still goes out to them for the year they've had...but the past 4 years, Coach Carter has had close ones and ran up the score, like in the jamboree. What goes around comes around, and I believe TN High will be out for blood in this one.

The jamboree has to be in the back of both teams minds.If I'm Carter and St.Clair is able to go this week,I would test the waters and start playing for what really counts.Big 8 champions or State champions ??? Even if St.Clair is a little rusty,this is a very good practice game that really will mean nothing in the long run for the "gold" marbles.If I'm Tennessee High,I say keep the pedal to the metal.Good luck to both your teams and I hope one can bring back the big reward to East Tennessee.

I painfully have to agree with the posting by Comp on another thread. South has very little chance against TH. If you look at common opponents (ie TH 51 - DC 7) and the ongoing injury problems at South, TH needs no "payback" incentive.

South's "easy" last 4 games did South no favors. Not only did it give TH new film to find those D weaknesses, (TH will run over and throw over the corners at will) it may lull South into falsely thinking what they are doing will move things in the right direction. They have not improved as a team. This is understandable considering what they have gone through this year.

TH - 48

SS - 17

10-3 on the year :thumb:

The jamboree has to be in the back of both teams minds.If I'm Carter and St.Clair is able to go this week,I would test the waters and start playing for what really counts.Big 8 champions or State champions ??? Even if St.Clair is a little rusty,this is a very good practice game that really will mean nothing in the long run for the "gold" marbles.If I'm Tennessee High,I say keep the pedal to the metal.Good luck to both your teams and I hope one can bring back the big reward to East Tennessee.

Well if that is how you think then don't even play St. Clair this game. If that back is still tender then TN High will definitely lay hits that will leave him out. You say it means nothing...but the past 4 years these 2 teams have been going at it for the title so it means a lot to the schools. Looking ahead to being "state champions" either of these teams will get them beat. They just need one week at a time mentality because if they are more concerned with a state championship than the game in front of them....well they will be heading to the house.

FB,I'm saying if St.Clair is heathly enough to play.This game will not send South home and most of their fans think it is a tall order right now anyway.I'm saying get the rust off and use the game for what is the very most important thing.In my mind,South is a 14 point underdog as things stand.If your able to get to an even point within a few weeks,shoot for it !! If St.Clair is not healthy,then you do the best you can.By the way,I heard the half time score of your game last night and what had happened to that point.I thought I was going to have to eat some crow on thinking TH was 24 points better than Boone.Boone has had a great year and will have a dog fight next week against some tough young DC boys.

FB,I'm saying if St.Clair is heathly enough to play.This game will not send South home and most of their fans think it is a tall order right now anyway.I'm saying get the rust off and use the game for what is the very most important thing.In my mind,South is a 14 point underdog as things stand.If your able to get to an even point within a few weeks,shoot for it !! If St.Clair is not healthy,then you do the best you can.By the way,I heard the half time score of your game last night and what had happened to that point.I thought I was going to have to eat some crow on thinking TH was 24 points better than Boone.Boone has had a great year and will have a dog fight next week against some tough young DC boys.

Boone will take DC to the shed...by 30 points.

This post is aimed at the Rebels themselves...the actual players. Guys I love you and I believe in you. But something is missing. I don't know if it is possible to change that fact. I just don't know. But what I do know is that you, The Rebels, are the only ones that can make that decision. It is in and of and about you. There is a movie form the 1980's. It is called "Deer Hunter". It is about life. All your Mom's and Daddies have seen it. There is a sort of acronym in this movie. It's called, "One Shot". It is a very powerful movie. I suggest you watch it a couple of times this week. I choose this movie for you because you have "One Shot". You have one shot at the season you all knew you could achieve when you attended Rebel camp. When you made your pact with each other. This is the week where you will use your one shot. ONE SHOT, ONE TEAM, ONE SEASON, ONE WAY.

I wish you the best for your best is what is required. No less. You have to dig a little deeper in the well to get the cool clean water. This is the week you've been waiting for. Salute'!

I don't think these teams play the games just to get rust off and not worry about it, especially witht he Conference Title on the line. Yeah, it won't send South home but ya know what...they don't play games just to show up. They play for pride and bragging rights and for the community and...etc.

Oh and hey, for those of you who don't remember, South has been against the wall before.

The guy with the cigarette just makes the video hilarious, but pretty dang good clips from a cam on the sidelines. About a 9 minute video for South fans...and for Boone fans.

This game is HUGE for both teams, and not primarily because of the playoffs. The Rebels have owned the Vikings for several years now, but the Vikings are rolling. If the Real Rebels come to play, AND the offensive playcalling isn't completely predictiable and transparent again, AND the Defensive coach prepares and then adjusts well, I think the Rebels players have the heart and talent to win. If those things don't happen, it could be Tallman and Harmon early an often.

I would say Coach will play assignment D this week. If that is what he plays I will agree. Athlete against athlete. I guess that will make us pay in overall yardage but will probably be the only way to prevent the big play. If we make them use their playbook then sooner or later they will make a mistake. They will run the ball to try and keep our O off the field. They will throw when they have to but their goal will be to make us stay on D. EVERY POSESSION MUST BE A SCORE! I will optimistically look for a new attitude and a new grind. After all it is now or never.