ALCOA vs CAK

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post footballdad. We have great respect for CAK. Having said that I will have to say ALCOA by 21. I watched the Elizabethton game last week and if CAK has as many penalties and turnovers in tonight game, it will be much worse. I expect they will play much better tonight and ALCOA scores late to make the margin of 21. ALCOA 42 CAK- 21

Enough talking-although our Alcoa brothers are entertaining as always :roflol: This is David vs Goliath and while our kids know that, they also know David won at least one. Alcoa is always a classy opponent, nevermind the best one we play. Come early and eat, check out the new endzone --I may never get the paint out of my pants from last night. In door bathrooms this year(we put the old porta potties under the visitors stands :roflol: ) and a new concession area and new visitor locker rooms. Thanks to all the parents who made that happen. I'm ready to hear Too Hype again-that gets even me fired up. See ya there.

While I will be watching my son play probably his last home game tonight against Kingston, I would like to keep an ear or eye open for the score of the Alcoa CAK game. Does anyoe know where I could get updates from tonight?

Good Luck too both on an injury free and exciting ballgame, hopefully we will see one or both down the road.

Great post footballdad. We have great respect for CAK. Having said that I will have to say ALCOA by 21. I watched the Elizabethton game last week and if CAK has as many penalties and turnovers in tonight game, it will be much worse. I expect they will play much better tonight and ALCOA scores late to make the margin of 21. ALCOA 42 CAK- 21

No doubt about it. CAK can't afford to have the same mistakes & penalties they had last week and expect to be competitive against Alcoa. I echo your sentiments about CAK playing better tonight as well. They dodged a bullet last week and came away with a victory against a very good team while not playing very well on the offensive side of the ball. We have had several seasons now of high scoring offenses, but this years defense has been able to step up and carry its own weight, and even bail the offense out when needed. I don't think anyone is capable of shutting Alcoa down, but I believe this years defense is the best equipped CAK defense Alcoa has seen. Just 4.5 more hours and we will all find out.

come on GVK......make that 1,000 post before the game so we will see two milestones today :roflol:

Ron, Ha, this is a much better milestone than some I have reached :roflol:

Footballdad, that was a well written post. You are not nearly as "dumb" as you looked in those pictures earlier in this thread. Since I'm not sure anyone could say it any better, I'll just add that I echo FBD's comments. There is nothing like high school football. That is where the sport is at it's best and most pure. The kids aren't out there for money or even scholarships, they're out there because of the love of the game. We wait for football season for what seems like an eternity, and as much as we love it, it's over way too fast. For the parents of seniors it is compounded so much more! This year's group of seniors from CAK and Alcoa have both accomplished tremendous things for their schools. I'm so greatful to be able to be a small part of a one of these classy programs. Now, I'm going to try to soak up every bit of the rest of this season, whatever it brings!