ALCOA vs CAK

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK always plays well against Alcoa. They're not intimidated, but the Tornadoes will still be too much for them to handle. It's to AHS' advantage that we play this late in the season, as opposed to during our Fall Break. Rankin & Nix will have the boys focused and ready to roll.

Alcoa will ruin CAK's perfect season and we'll both get ready for playoffs.

Alcoa: 35 CAK: 7

I will go on record stating I predict a 35 - 14 Alcoa win over CAK. To CAK, I really enjoy when we play you; fans are classy and the whole atmosphere is a good one. The sportsmanship by both teams is excellent and the way it should be.

I saw an earlier post about the unruly CAK fan (on the Elizabethton thread) - rest assured, he does not represent what CAK is all about. There is always one or two in every crowd - they just have to be ignored. Pulling for my Tornados but I hope all get though this game injury free and have pride in their program when they walk on and off the field.

I will go on record stating I predict a 35 - 14 Alcoa win over CAK.

I believe that most will agree with me in saying that CAK's defense is much improved over last year's defense. With saying that, in the 2008 season CAK held Alcoa to 28 points in two games, so I think the score will be closer than what you have predicted. Just my opinion. Go Warriors!

I will go on record stating I predict a 35 - 14 Alcoa win over CAK.

I believe that most will agree with me in saying that CAK's defense is much improved over last year's defense. With saying that, in the 2008 season CAK held Alcoa to 28 points in two games, so I think the score will be closer than what you have predicted. Just my opinion. Go Warriors!

Alcoa's run game is much improved from last year also. Alcoa can pound the rock and control the clock. CAK offense does not use the clock as effectively. If CAK does not maintain steady drives and gives Alcoa the ball back, the CAK defense will be gassed quick. Alcoa's depth will then be a big factor in the the 3rd and 4th QTR's. Alcoa will continue to pound the rock and wear the Warriors down. This year CAK will face a different Alcoa F5. Big line, physical run game plus quick hitting scat back Jaron Toney. The defense's pass rush is relentless when Coach Nix calls "the dogs" It will be important for Alcoa's defense to jam CAK receivers at the line and rush the QB. Simply disrupt the timing. I think Alcoa can and will do that. :roflolk:

Alcoa 42

CAK 14

Alcoa's run game is much improved from last year also. Alcoa can pound the rock and control the clock. CAK offense does not use the clock as effectively. If CAK does not maintain steady drives and gives Alcoa the ball back, the CAK defense will be gassed quick. Alcoa's depth will then be a big factor in the the 3rd and 4th QTR's. Alcoa will continue to pound the rock and wear the Warriors down. This year CAK will face a different Alcoa F5. Big line, physical run game plus quick hitting scat back Jaron Toney. The defense's pass rush is relentless when Coach Nix calls "the dogs" It will be important for Alcoa's defense to jam CAK receivers at the line and rush the QB. Simply disrupt the timing. I think Alcoa can and will do that. :?

Alcoa 42

CAK 14

i agree with you dude. alcoa is better than last year. and they were awesome last year. the f5 will definitely put up 40 or better against maybe a couple of late scores for cak. :mellow:

Well....unlike FBDad, GVK, BC and the rest of the gang I will take the first shot.......

cakpaper.jpg

Bridge: I don't take it as a "shot", but rather entertainment. :thumb: Nice job on the "missing box". As far as the defections to the soccer team, can't happen. The soccer team at CAK has a waiting list. Now with OOZ tuition at Alcoa only being a fraction of what it costs to go to CAK, and with the bad economy and all, maybe a few will cross over the river to help the Tornado soccer guys :thumb:

I will go on record stating I predict a 35 - 14 Alcoa win over CAK. To CAK, I really enjoy when we play you; fans are classy and the whole atmosphere is a good one. The sportsmanship by both teams is excellent and the way it should be.

I saw an earlier post about the unruly CAK fan (on the Elizabethton thread) - rest assured, he does not represent what CAK is all about. There is always one or two in every crowd - they just have to be ignored. Pulling for my Tornados but I hope all get though this game injury free and have pride in their program when they walk on and off the field.

Nice post. I hate that we have not been able to beat Alcoa in football, but I enjoy the relationship that seems to be growing between these 2 schools. I can't quite call it a rivalry because I believe that in a rivalry both sides have to win the game along the way. But I do believe there is mutual respect between both teams and their fans for each other. Many in other parts of the state believe that CAK simply rides the coat tails of Alcoa. Unfortunately, we seem to be attached to Alcoa at the hip and can't manage to get deep enough into the playoffs to show them that our district has some very good teams in addition to Alcoa. I look for a hard fought contest Friday night. CAK will be "facing the giants", win or lose, I'm proud of them. Go Warriors :thumb:

Good Luck to the Warriors and Whirl Winds. This will be a great game, early report is for decent weather, which should help CAK. Your passing attack is awesome, I hope you guys keep it up and take it to Alcoa. No offense to Alcoa, a great program, just good luck to a fellow Christian Academy!!!!

Same to you and your RAMS. Congrats on a big victory in a tight game! You guys needed that, just like we did in E-town. I hope #12 isn't injured too bad. I coached #15 for a long time when he was younger, so I try to keep up with him. Great kid!