ALCOA vs CAK

Now, as far as this game goes, I don't believe I will be making any predictions, just observations. I've cautioned other team's fans about being overly optimistic when playing Alcoa, so I'm going to take a bit of my own advice. But I do believe that CAK can compete in this game despite some very over whelming statistics that might suggest differently. I'll let others define "compete", but I have my own ideas about that. One of my favorite cliches is "football is played on grass, not paper". So we will see what happens Friday night. I believe our experience at Elizabethton will be valuable in preparing our kids who have not seen playing time against Alcoa before to understand the need for "playing faster" than what we normally have to. The Warriors faced adversity for the first time all season and I believe they have learned some things from it. This is a very close group of guys, not the best individually talented, but a very nice team. It truly is an honor and great experience for CAK players to have the opportunity to go out and compete against a program & team as good as Alcoa.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said FootballDad. You never know what play or series of downs can affect the motivation of any team on any given day. After the close score at Elizabethton, I expect that the CAK kids and coaches will have a strong desire to win this week. The team that keeps motivated and quickly corrects mistakes will win this game. I am pulling for my Tornados and feel like the coaching staff will put the proper emphasis on this game (as they have in playoff games in prior years).

Praying for all our kids to play well with sportsmanship and without injury. Looking forward to this game and talking with your great fans. GO TORNADOS!! Still think we will get serious quick and come home with a victory. The kids are ready and motivated.

I think I'm going to make the trip up to see this one.....it'll be better than driving to/through Lenoir City for sure.

I'm expecting a high scoring affair.

Cool!........Shoot me a PM Solomon. We can get together at the game. I intro you to Footballdad and Govolsknox. :thumb: I think you already meet APB at BOH?

Looking forward to the Warrior Wings! :thumb:

Well said FootballDad. You never know what play or series of downs can affect the motivation of any team on any given day. After the close score at Elizabethton, I expect that the CAK kids and coaches will have a strong desire to win this week. The team that keeps motivated and quickly corrects mistakes will win this game. I am pulling for my Tornados and feel like the coaching staff will put the proper emphasis on this game (as they have in playoff games in prior years).

Praying for all our kids to play well with sportsmanship and without injury. Looking forward to this game and talking with your great fans. GO TORNADOS!! Still think we will get serious quick and come home with a victory. The kids are ready and motivated.

No doubt about it, both teams will be very motivated. It does not get any better than both teams coming into the last game 9-0! Wow........I can not wait! :thumb:

I think I'm going to make the trip up to see this one.....it'll be better than driving to/through Lenoir City for sure.

I'm expecting a high scoring affair.

Cool!........Shoot me a PM Solomon. We can get together at the game. I intro you to Footballdad and Govolsknox. :excl: I think you already meet APB at BOH?

Looking forward to the Warrior Wings! :excl:

Hey BC, the Warrior Wings were novel, but too much trouble for the amount of sales so they stopped offering them. The grilled burgers are very tasty and selling great, as is the homemade bananna pudding :excl:

Eye beeleeve 50ishfootbawlmommy hitt hit abowt rite 35-14.....Alcouh has had a little trubble wif passin' teems...If'un tha passin' teems has time....Butt wif Robinson and Warren...Thay ain't goin' two be much ov that....Iz Tyson ok Bee Cee???......

Pee Ess....Solly eye don't blaim ye....Butt eye'm goin' two Lynn Orr City....... :excl:

Eye beeleeve 50ishfootbawlmommy hitt hit abowt rite 35-14.....Alcouh has had a little trubble wif passin' teems...If'un tha passin' teems has time....Butt wif Robinson and Warren...Thay ain't goin' two be much ov that....Iz Tyson ok Bee Cee???......

Pee Ess....Solly eye don't blaim ye....Butt eye'm goin' two Lynn Orr City....... :thumb:

Yup...Tyson bee Okeedoughkey. He did hav one good slobbler-knocker :lol: Kind's like whin Momma whamps ya with an arin skellet! :thumb:

Pee Ess....Solly eye don't blaim ye....Butt eye'm goin' two Lynn Orr City....... :thumb:

Yup...Tyson bee Okeedoughkey. He did hav one good slobbler-knocker :thumb: Kind's like whin Momma whamps ya with an arin skellet! :lol:

Bee Cee eye don't nevur git whomped wif an arn skillit....Hits always got sum ho cakes inn thair and momma aint abowt two fumbull them thangs.... :lol:

I really think it would be wise for Alcoa to rest some of their key players and not take any unneccessary chances. With the depth the Tornadoes have they should be able to do that and really make a statement. That would be a very "neighborly" thing to do and a kind gesture. :thumb: In return, I'll see if I can get coach G to return the favor this spring in soccer. :thumb: