ALCOA vs CAK

well i agree with greatscott alcoa is not producing the athletes they have in the past

Are you serious? Do you realize what #15 is about to do? Have you forgotten about T-Rob? Do you have any idea of the level of play that Alcoa is getting from their frosh and sophs? #1 and #2 will be getting quality looks next year-This is laughable :lol:

P.S. There is still plenty of talent yet to come from the Hall and surrounding communities...beware :lol:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface this post by saying that I am an Alcoa supporter. There has been quite a bit of discussion in this thread about the offensive versus defensive matchups on both sides.

What I am going to try to do here is come up with some goals CAK should shoot for that, if they meet most of them, could result in a win over Alcoa Friday night. I believe CAK needs to do many of the following in order to win. Whether or not they are able to do these things will be shown Friday night. Hopefully, I have not been too unreasonable in setting the goals.

1. Limit Alcoa's time of possession to 28 minutes or less

If the time of possession gets any more lopsided than that, defensive fatigue could become a factor

2. Limit Alcoa's rushing yardage to 200 or less

A total of 200 yards or less implies that Alcoa likely is averaging 4.0 - 4.5 yards per carry rather

than their usual 8.0 - 10.0

3. Limit Alcoa's kickoff/punt return yardage to 80 or less

Alcoa has scored a touchdown on a kick return in most of its games this year

4. Allow no more than one scoring play of more than 30 yards

Forcing Alcoa to run several plays per drive increases the chance of a turnover on a particular drive

5. Force 3 or more turnovers and score at least 10 points off turnovers

This goal is self explanatory

6. Complete at least 55% of its passes for around 225 yards

Given the number of times CAK usually throws per game, a lower percentage than that will

result in some 3 and outs

7. Rush for at least 75 yards

Alcoa must be forced to respect the run in order to somewhat slow down the pass rush

8. Commit 2 or fewer turnovers resulting in 7 points or less

If CAK is even with Alcoa or worse in the turnover battle, it is likely to lose

9. Score at least 3 points every time it is in the red zone

CAK squandered some scoring opportunities against Elizabethton and nearly lost as a result

10. Win the battle of field position

Make Alcoa go the long way for its scores

I have herd this is one of the toughest alcoa teams in the past 4 years...which i know could be true.. that D they had last year may have been the best in the entire state!I have not had the chance to see alcoa play this year! but they beat maryville and maryville has had another fantastic year with beating farragut bearden and catholic along with being i think 2nd in the state. ....but i know u cant go by who beats who.. but as a hardcore warrior fan i know that this is going to be the ultimate test of the year. just like it always has been ... and as a former warrior i cant express how much this program wants to knock off the tornadoes ..... this should be one of the best high school atmospheres i have seen in a long long time.....GO WARRIORS!!!!! and alcoa fans i am missing the pictures like u guys did last year

Let me preface this post by saying that I am an Alcoa supporter. There has been quite a bit of discussion in this thread about the offensive versus defensive matchups on both sides.

What I am going to try to do here is come up with some goals CAK should shoot for that, if they meet most of them, could result in a win over Alcoa Friday night. I believe CAK needs to do many of the following in order to win. Whether or not they are able to do these things will be shown Friday night. Hopefully, I have not been too unreasonable in setting the goals.

If the time of possession gets any more lopsided than that, defensive fatigue could become a factor

A total of 200 yards or less implies that Alcoa likely is averaging 4.0 - 4.5 yards per carry rather

than their usual 8.0 - 10.0

Alcoa has scored a touchdown on a kick return in most of its games this year

Forcing Alcoa to run several plays per drive increases the chance of a turnover on a particular drive

This goal is self explanatory

Given the number of times CAK usually throws per game, a lower percentage than that will

result in some 3 and outs

Alcoa must be forced to respect the run in order to somewhat slow down the pass rush

If CAK is even with Alcoa or worse in the turnover battle, it is likely to lose

CAK squandered some scoring opportunities against Elizabethton and nearly lost as a result

Make Alcoa go the long way for its scores

Nice work CG. Well thought out and it looks pretty accurate. Etown is the best team we've played this year although they are not at Alcoa's level. If these same goals were applied to that game only replace the rushing yard with passing yards, CAK would have done well on some points and not so well on others. One thing is for sure, if CAK is going to have a chance to win or be competitive, they are going to have to play with the same intensity as last week, but much better execution. They are definitely capable of better execution. Enough?

Like FBD said, we have no reason to be anything but loose. If Alcoa dominates, the armchair pundents will say that is what is expected. It is all upside for the Warriors. I just hope for a clean game with no injuries going into the playoffs! I hated so much to see those Betsy kids go down last week.

I always look forward to the matchup(s) with Alcoa every year. Playing the best makes you better and they are the best. I think alot of the Alcoa fans that I've met, BC, APB, and faceforradio. (Although I'm a little uneasy about APB's obsession with our box. :lol: ) The atmosphere will be electric this Friday night. It would be nice for us fans if the weather would be cool and dry, but unlikely since E TN turned into a rainforest.

Very nice goals, obtainable?, who knows. I'd like to add that CAK also needs to keep penalties to a minimum, say around 30 yds or less. Alcoa's big play ability, depth at running back, Toney's speed, and special teams, all give me concern for my Warriors. I'm confident that CAK will play tough, how long they can last against such a high caliber opponent is key to their chances. The offense must sustain some drives and put points on the board and help rest & support a defensive unit that will be pushed to its limits. Alcoa's D line is superb! CAK's O line are excellent pass blockers. I believe our receivers can get open against the Tornadoes DB's, if we give the QB enough time I think we can move the football. That will help rest the D and hopefully result in points or at least flip the field position.

From PrepXtra:

Honors Bestowed: The TSSAA released its A.F. Bridges Awards (for good sportsmanship/citizenship) for the 2008-2009 sports year on Monday.

Area recipients include V.L. Stonecipher (Anderson County Schools, school system administrator of the year), Rick Walker (South-Doyle, principal), Clark Duncan (South-Doyle, athletic director), Carmen Heins (Coalfield, female coach), David Moore (Farragut, male coach), Larry Renfro (Alcoa, official) and Johnny "Goose Lindsay (Kingsport, contributor).

Schools winning awards for the utmost in sportsmanship (no unsportsmanlike conducts) were Rockwood, Alcoa, Grainger and Catholic.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!! CAK! :roflol:

I am really surprised that Catholic is in there though..... :roflol: