ALCOA vs CAK

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell you what I heard from an Alcoa fan today: "CAK has a total lack of talent....Alcoa will take away their will to compete...If CAK doesn't double team #1, he will have 20 sacks..."

I really do not believe you...Our #1 is not that good...one guy should be able to handle him.

I will be more than happy to provide a name and his place of employment (he is related to #1).

I agree about playng elsewhere in the playoffs FBD. We may not win a game in them, the draw is looking kind of tough, but I think all three of us are Top 10 teams in the state.

As for #1 on Alcoa....I don't know about 20 sacks, but you better block him. He is fast and crashes in almost every play.

CAK does have talent and are well coached.

My son is a senior now, and he has learned what we have said for years about Alcoa. You can make some mistakes against most teams and overcome them, but seems like with Alcoa, they expose every weakness, because they are so talented and convert almost every mistake into points.

It doesn't look like the well is running dry either, I think they beat our JV squad about 55 -0 and I heard there middle school team is loaded also.

FBD Tell Daddy Houser - Wallace from Loudon said hi and good luck.

Again good luck to both CAK and Alcoa

Let me tell you what I heard from an Alcoa fan today: "CAK has a total lack of talent....Alcoa will take away their will to compete...If CAK doesn't double team #1, he will have 20 sacks..."

I really do not believe you...Our #1 is not that good...one guy should be able to handle him.

I am conficted. On the one hand, he is wearing #1, which seems to be him stating how many should be used to block him. On the other hand, he may be saying he is #1, which means we should have 2 or even 3 guys on him. I'm so confused. :lol:

Would love to see, Alcoa in the East, CAK in the MId East and us in the middle. (Not going to happen).

It is interesting to see that Gerry's brackets this week show Alcoa and A-E in quad 1 and Loudon in quad 2. I doubt that it will end up turning out that way of course. But it's really going to be interesting if Alcoa, CAK, Polk, Austin East, McMinn Central and Loudon all end up in the same bracket. I just can't imagine that is any kind of balance to the playoffs.

Well, you heard the same thing that I did from more than one CAK fan on Friday....They say NO WAY.

Consensus among the few Warrior faithful that talked to us (minus FBDad and GVK) seem to think that The F5 will not run on them AT ALL...

Not my words, just saying.

They held E-town running game last week...We will see.

Yea, I heard what you heard, and that's why I asked the question. The CAK fans around us liked the Warriors chances in shutting the Tornadoes run game down and forcing them to pass....... :lol:

Yea, the CAK LB's played the run well against Betsy. Do they have the speed to do the same against Alcoa?

Dad........I'd love to see Alcoa throw it around......but, Alcoa will try pounding the rock. :lol:

Seriously, I don't know of any CAK fans that think we are going to shut down Alcoa's offense. The question for CAK is can we limit the number of breakaway runs for a touchdown and make Alcoa drive the ball for the most part. Now that's no easy task, and is certainly far from a guarantee that Alcoa still doesn't score on a sustained drive. But if CAK wants to play a competitive game, they can't give up a bunch of 30 plus yard runs. At the same time, if you ignore the pass Alcoa will make you pay as well. On offense, there is no question that Alcoa has speed and athletes. So the question for CAK IMO is can we run our offense enough to move the chains and put up some points? Can Alcoa get pressure on Epperly before he can find a receiver consistently? Everyone knows who should be the favorite in this game. I personally just hope for a hard fought game with no fear and playing till the final whistle, then let the chips fall where they may. But to have a chance to win the game, CAK has to have their best night and Alcoa not have a good night and maybe help out a little with a couple of turnovers. Alcoa will be the favorite in every 3A game for the forseeable future. But at some point they will be upset. It will be one of those nights where they are playing a very good team that catches fire and all the breaks go the other way. It would be impossible to predict when that will happen as it will be a tremendous longshot each and every week. But it will happen one day, one year. I just hope CAK is on the other side when it happens.

I'm sorry, but all of these posts about Alcoa putting up 30-40 points and CAK only scoring 7-14 is just absurd. Alcoa may very well win, but I have a hard time believing that they will win by more than 10. Just look at the scores between these two the last two years and it is obvious CAK has gotten better and Alcoa has regressed (at least in terms of explosiveness). You guys have a great running game with Toney and #2, but they are not even on the same level as Lindsay, Shiverdecker, Hicks, or Hodge. Not to forget there are no Brandon Warrens, Randall Cobbs, Kyrus Lanxters, or Brian Sommers type of athletes on the field. You guys may have some potential D-1 players, but nothing like those guys at least right now. Alcoa is lacking those explosive athletes and gap is closer. And you cannot tell me Alcoa is better this year on defense. Last year I remember hearing how besides Maryville, CAK was not only the first team to score on Alcoa, but the first team to cross the 50 on them. There is no way this years Alcoa defense is better than the one that shut out every region opponent except for CAK.

All that to say CAK matches up pretty well athlete for athlete with Alcoa especially our defense. Our defense is much improved statistically and experience-wise. Our best strength is our run defense which matches up well with your power run game. So it looks like CAK is even better this year and Alcoa is not quite as good as years past. So logically it should be a closer game than what everybody is saying.

In my opinion I think this game will come down to the 4th quarter. Field position, turnovers, and time of possession will be vital to the outcome of the game just like it is between two pretty evenly matched teams. I will say this if there is one area that CAK has not closed the gap it's special teams. You better be able to punt well and cover well. That really hurt CAK last year, time and time again they had to go 80-90 yards to score whereas Alcoa only had to go 40-60 yards.

Anyways that's my opinion and I'm not apologizing for it. Good luck Warriors take it to em' Friday.

Now your talking Bridge. Lou Holtzing is good, trolling is bad. :lol:

I'm sorry, but all of these posts about Alcoa putting up 30-40 points and CAK only scoring 7-14 is just absurd. Alcoa may very well win, but I have a hard time believing that they will win by more than 10. Just look at the scores between these two the last two years and it is obvious CAK has gotten better and Alcoa has regressed (at least in terms of explosiveness). You guys have a great running game with Toney and #2, but they are not even on the same level as Lindsay, Shiverdecker, Hicks, or Hodge. Not to forget there are no Brandon Warrens, Randall Cobbs, Kyrus Lanxters, or Brian Sommers type of athletes on the field. You guys may have some potential D-1 players, but nothing like those guys at least right now. Alcoa is lacking those explosive athletes and gap is closer. And you cannot tell me Alcoa is better this year on defense. Last year I remember hearing how besides Maryville, CAK was not only the first team to score on Alcoa, but the first team to cross the 50 on them. There is no way this years Alcoa defense is better than the one that shut out every region opponent except for CAK.

All that to say CAK matches up pretty well athlete for athlete with Alcoa especially our defense. Our defense is much improved statistically and experience-wise. Our best strength is our run defense which matches up well with your power run game. So it looks like CAK is even better this year and Alcoa is not quite as good as years past. So logically it should be a closer game than what everybody is saying.

In my opinion I think this game will come down to the 4th quarter. Field position, turnovers, and time of possession will be vital to the outcome of the game just like it is between two pretty evenly matched teams. I will say this if there is one area that CAK has not closed the gap it's special teams. You better be able to punt well and cover well. That really hurt CAK last year, time and time again they had to go 80-90 yards to score whereas Alcoa only had to go 40-60 yards.

Anyways that's my opinion and I'm not apologizing for it. Good luck Warriors take it to em' Friday.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm as big of a "homer" as there is but I don't see it this way.

My bottom line:

CAK is better this year than last. However, Alcoa is too!!! Alcoa's defense was tremendous last year, but their offense was not up to the standard of some of their past teams. That just isn't the case this year. Playing their starters for part of a game, they've been putting up 40 plus points pretty consistently (except for Loudon). I watched the McMinn Central game last week. That is a good football team and Alcoa made them look silly. I'm not saying CAK can't compete, the game is played on the field not on paper. But this year's Alcoa team has been compared by many to be one of the best they've had. This is an important game, but it's not the playoffs.

Again, JMHO. We'll know a lot more in a few days.

Our best strength is our run defense which matches up well with your power run game. In my opinion I think this game will come down to the 4th quarter. Field position, turnovers, and time of possession will be vital to the outcome of the game just like it is between two pretty evenly matched teams. Anyways that's my opinion and I'm not apologizing for it. Good luck Warriors take it to em' Friday.

Good for you greatscott, no need to apologize for anything :blink: I agree our defensive strength matches up with their offensive strength, but of course we haven't faced a team this year as formidable as Alcoa. Although, I certainly think that bunch up in Betsy is better than some think, and I believe that game will help us be better prepared come Friday night. I don't agree about Alcoa not being as good as last year, I believe they are better. Their schedule has been tougher and they pounded a darn good team in Maryville and easily defeated a defending state champion in a higher classification in KY. But, IMO, all the pressure is on Alcoa. No one really gives CAK much of a chance in this one and Alcoa is not only expected to win, but to win with style points as well. The Warriors have everything to gain and nothing to lose in this game. I certainly believe CAK can win, but it will take a herculian effort on our part and a less than stellar effort from the Tornadoes.

I remember two critical sacks by #1 in the Maryville game. This is an athlete that gets really pumped in a high pressure game. He is a playmaker for sure.

well i agree with greatscott alcoa is not producing the athletes they have in the past but cak doesn't have anyone of that caliber either. bottom line you can't judge a teams preformance based on previous years and lack of superstars. in fact cak plays good imo because they dont have one guy with the pressure they just have a bunch of guys playing hard. Imo this game will be a great one and im not making any predictions cause i think it could go either way but i will say cak will definatley silence any naysayers out there